• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Self esteem: good, bad, or in between?

So, how is your self esteem?

• Very high

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Somewhat high

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Slightly above average

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Average

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • Slightly below Average

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • Somewhat Low

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Very low

Votes: 11 26.2%

• Total voters

Magik?!

Georgums.
    Years
    I have pretty high self esteem actually, but I'm also very selfconscious if that makes sense? >.< I'm very aware of my good parts and my bad parts, but usually I'm overall pretty happy with myself and stuff (:

beca

◔_____◔
    Years
    My self esteem is low...it doesn't help that I've always been quite shy either ~_~

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    My self esteem is pretty shot. But I think.. it's been better recently. :S

I don't like it when people compliment you.. because they feel they have to, or the conversation indicates that way.
    I like little random compliments. They can keep me going for hours. <3

I have days where I feel pretty awful. Everything seems to fffff itself up .__.;
    But then again, there are days when I feel the best. Not as frequent but they're there. I live in the not so good days waiting for the next one where I feel absolutely electric. :D

The cause of these days are usually just music and friends.
    Yesterday was one of these good days. :]

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    I'd say I'm in between the two :/
    Some days I might feel almighty and proud, and other days I'd prefer to hide my face. I'm happy with myself and what people think of me, but sometimes I get weird thoughts. These days I'm feeling pretty good though n_n

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    I'd say I'm in between the two :/
    Some days I might feel almighty and proud, and other days I'd prefer to hide my face. I'm happy with myself and what people think of me, but sometimes I get weird thoughts. These days I'm feeling pretty good though n_n

This.

Although, sometimes I become too shy I don't even get out of our house or even open my computer. ;-;

Years
    I'd say my self-esteem is in between. Sometimes I have tons of it, and sometimes it's just very low.

Throat

Oldschool pokemon
    Years
    I'm realistic, so I don't see why there's the need to talk about self esteem regarding to me, once I don't have a unproportional view of myself.

Dubstep

Goes bump in the night
    Years
    I have mild social anxiety that often makes things harder on me, but mine's alright. I know I have flaws and accept them when I can't overcome them, but I appreciate my positive traits too.

Numbers

Say my name
    Years
    My self-esteem is shot to pieces, I hate myself to the point where I refuse to look in mirrors and get anxious before I go outside because I think everyone will hate me.
    I get so paranoid, I think EVERYONE who looks at me is only looking because they think I'm some kind of freak.
    Everytime I see someone laugh I subconsciously think they're laughing at me.
    Of course, no-one IRL knows this about me because I feign confidence.

To them I'm the happy guy that's always telling jokes and making people laugh, I'm the guy without a care in the world, I'm the guy that helps everyone who needs it and listens to everyones problems and gives them advice. I'm the guy that never says no to a dare and is willing to do the crazy things other people aren't just to get a reaction.

But back home when I'm alone in my room, I'm dying mentally and emotionally.
    With no intention in seeking help as I like to try and just accomplish everything on my own.

EmeraldSerenade

babyboy
    Years
    Somewhat High... although I tend to get shot down by outrageously rude comments made by other people, but most of the time, I can shrug stuff off.

My self esteem use to be really low in elementary, since i had no friends, was the weird kid, ect..

Throat

Oldschool pokemon
    Years
    My self-esteem is shot to pieces, I hate myself to the point where I refuse to look in mirrors and get anxious before I go outside because I think everyone will hate me.
    I get so paranoid, I think EVERYONE who looks at me is only looking because they think I'm some kind of freak.
    Everytime I see someone laugh I subconsciously think they're laughing at me.
    Of course, no-one IRL knows this about me because I feign confidence.

To them I'm the happy guy that's always telling jokes and making people laugh, I'm the guy without a care in the world, I'm the guy that helps everyone who needs it and listens to everyones problems and gives them advice. I'm the guy that never says no to a dare and is willing to do the crazy things other people aren't just to get a reaction.

But back home when I'm alone in my room, I'm dying mentally and emotionally.
    With no intention in seeking help as I like to try and just accomplish everything on my own.
    Have you ever heard of sociophobia?

fate☆

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2010
    My self-esteem is extremely low, though there's the rare chance it's actually between. It honestly depends on what happens during the day. I dislike a lot of things about myself, though, to everyone else, there's nothing really wrong with me. I've been like this for a few years now, unfortunately.

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
    Mine is usually... always very low. >___> It seems that ever since I moved house away from my family my self-esteem lowered.. Idk why. Like Numbers, when I go out a walk or something, when people look at me, I think they are looking at me because they could think I'm weird or something. Then that brings on a panic attack. :/

Droidz

¬‿¬
    Years
    Mine's usually lower than I let on. I find it doesn't help if others know if I'm feeling too low and it can often be worse for my self image if people think I'm not doing well. And having people be happier around me is better for my own esteem, I think.
    This is basically the same answer i was going to give.

Numbers

Say my name
    Years
    Have you ever heard of sociophobia?

I actually hadn't until you said it, but from the name I'm guessing it means fear of social situations? (or something very similar, like what I go through)
    If so then that's weird that I never knew there was a specific name for what I had :O

Mine is usually... always very low. >___> It seems that ever since I moved house away from my family my self-esteem lowered.. Idk why. Like Numbers, when I go out a walk or something, when people look at me, I think they are looking at me because they could think I'm weird or something. Then that brings on a panic attack. :/

Paranoia is horrible isn't it? I try so hard not to feel like this but as I'm sure you know, it's not something you can "just get over" :(
    If you ever need someone to talk to you can message me. (I prefer to help other people with there problems rather than face my own, weird but it's the way I've always been haha)

Years
    Well honestly i am perfectly fine with myself but the way i act and how confident i am differs on with who i'm with. for example if i'm with my two closest friends i will act like any normal person would with a regular amount of self esteem however if i'm on my own i tend to be very shy and retiring and will shy away from most social activities.

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    During my middle school years, I was very depressed and had very low self-esteem. I hated everything about myself.

High School came and I found friends, changed my attitude toward life, and changed my looks. My life has been better and brighter ever since.

So I guess I'm above average.

Back