• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Self Esteem

Self Esteem Level?

• High. I love my life, and I'm just great!

Votes: 8 14.0%
  • Medium High. Well, my life isn't perfect, but it's pretty good, and so am I!

Votes: 15 26.3%
  • Medium. Life is okay. I'm okay. Yay! :D

Votes: 15 26.3%
  • Medium Low. My life is not good! And I'm not happy with my appearance. DD:

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • Low. God, Life sucks. I am an ugly, pathetic fool. EVERYBODY IS BETTER THAN ME!!! *cries* ;_;

Votes: 8 14.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
    Years
    I'm content. I wouldn't say 100% percent cause things can always be better. I'm very content with how things are in my life right now. No self esteem issues at all. If you don't like me that's your problem. I'm not going to change to make you happy. :\

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    I've always had pretty high self esteem. I guess I'm not exactly like I want to be, but I don't let those things get me down XD; I guess I'm sometimes not confident about telling people my age, since I'm often mistaken for older, buuut, I've been getting over that <3

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Recently took a survey for online school... One of the selections was "Exceptionally High."

That right there, describes my self-esteem. My life is excellent and what I do with is doing just... Great, I'm an upbeat guy and a happy one at that. Yes, of course there are things that I could have better, but heck I don't worry if I can't do something about it. I'm fine with how everything is going and don;t have self esteem issues thankfully.

Went said:
    Very high. I know that my life could be better, but I'm pretty happy with how it is right now. I'm a quite cheerful person n_n
    I try to solve everything I can, and if something can't be solved, then it's not woth worrying about it.

What I was trying to say. XD

Last edited:
    Years
    It's not perfect, but meh what are you gonna do? I'm happy with what I have, appart from my job but I will be getting rid of that soon enough ^_^ Going back to college is going to make my life that little bit sweeter I think, especially since its art college =D

Melody

Banned
    Years
    I have to say my self-esteem is medium bordering on medium-low. I have days where I feel absolutely usless and terrible about myself. I've never sunk to low but I do tend to get depressed now and again. especially when something happens that takes a chunk out of my self-esteem

On a good day I'm medium-high
    On an average day I'm medium
    and on a bad day it's medium-low to low-high

I'm lucky though, I have friends that'd drop what they were doing and try to cheer me up if they knew I was depressed.

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    Mine is pretty low most of the time as I rarely have very many noteworthy moments, and I am stuck living overshadowed by others.

Mooshykris

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    Medium, mainly because I dont feel the other options would fit me. Life is not perfect, but it could be if I'd make an effort (something that is not like me). Life is not a disaster because I know there are people in a worse situation than me (specially in this country). So, medium it is.

Iron Shaman

Metagamer Lite
    Years
    Medium-High at the least.

I'm not what I'd consider useful or attractive or skilled at much, but when I look at society, I can't help but feel I'm glad that I am who I am and not the cocky/arrogant youth that wanders the streets.

Cid

Years
    Medium, for now...

It's just that I guess I'm not that happy, and not that sad as well... Life's not perfect, after all... Though I always think that I could be better but I'm just afraid to be... I've got no problems with physical or mental things, though I have some emotional problems from time to time, too... I'm not emo, BTW... I mean, I've got a lot of things to be happy about, so let's just forget all worries! :)

Minato

--+
    Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2010
    I'm pretty sure I don't look that bad, but I do get that 'useless' feel sometimes. Most of the time I'm just firmly convinced my life is trash though.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Yeah, I'm pretty happy with my life. I have great friends, a brilliant school and I live in a really nice area, so I'd say my self-esteem level would be pretty high.

Of course, I'm against these sort of polls lke I am with online personality tests because I believe that a lot of people answer untruthfully to make themselves feel better.

Years
    • MA
    • Seen Jul 26, 2008
    My self-esteem is pretty high. Like, I'm not one of those people who goes around everywhere thinking they're cooler than they actually are, but I'm fairly happy with myself and my life.

My life sure as hell isn't perfect, but whatever. Everything I'm going through right now can probably be worked out eventually, so I'm not too worried about it.

As for my looks, umm...I'm remarkable average. In every aspect. Aside from the fact that I'm like, 15 lbs overweight XD;

I voted High-Medium.

ErickaVolt

Born to kill.
    Years
    My life isn't perfect and it sucks. Because being rich is a bit cool but feeling with my Grandpa an me we're just alone. My parents are dead and I never had a chance to see their face [maybe ugly because I'm ugly too XD]. I don't know my cousins and being unlucky makes my life sick. Also living in a 3rd World Country kills your personality.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    My life isn't perfect and it sucks. Because being rich is a bit cool but feeling with my Grandpa an me we're just alone. My parents are dead and I never had a chance to see their face [maybe ugly because I'm ugly too XD]. I don't know my cousins and being unlucky makes my life sick. Also living in a 3rd World Country kills your personality.

I'm quoting this because some of this applies to me.

Although I am not all that rich, (I'm middle class), most of the rest applies to me. Just last month (April 14th), my mother passed away suddenly from what I believe was either a stroke or sleep apnea. Ever since then I've been getting up and looking at myself feeling worse and worse about why I'm here. To be honest, many things this year have happened before that that made me feel like this, so this isn't the first time, and surely won't be the last. This year was so far the worst year of my life with so many bad things happening to me.

Sometimes I look in the mirror and ask why I look the way I do. I'm not really all that "bad looking", I think it's just me worrying why nothings good happened to me for a while. However, I tend to be a shy person, and I'm rather low on the student "reputation" chain we have at our school. Although it isn't written out, I know for a fact seeing how I don't really talk much and hang out with people who are usually looked upon negatively. Although, that didn't seem to mind. I used to have a really high self esteem, but not lately.

So, I'm going to leave my vote open for now and place it when things start to change, which should be soon.

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    A lot of times, when I do something stupid and completely pointless, I get a very low self esteem issue.
    Like when I do a minor mistake on the forums, I feel like I'm retarted. ._. And then I stay away from the forums for a few days. XD

Back