• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Selling Pokemon Trades on Ebay???

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
  • This must be the strangest thing I have seen today. EBay Auction for in-game trades!

To be fair, buying a shiny pokemon makes sense.... If time is money and it takes 5 hours to hatch a shiny pokemon. Minimum wage (7.50?)x5 = $37.50. You could buy a Shiny Trevenant for $11.00

But that would be STUPID! :15:

What do you think?

Leuram

Fox says what I say it says
    Years
  • Personally I lose interest in something when I start throwing money at it, but I guess like you said the cost benefit makes it worth it for some folks. The Book of D3 teaches us that a certain sect of gamer prefers buying the end game as opposed to earning it

kanakinz.

- - just another pokébreeder
    Years
  • LOL I think this is the funniest thing I've ever seen. {XD} Kind of like what Leuram said, I would lose interest in a pokemon if I had to spent hard earned money on it.

I guess for me it's more rewarding when I put the time and effort to get such a pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    It's a pretty cool way to earn cash, but wouldn't that be some sort of a copyright infringement which… they could be sued for? d: Nintendo doesn't seem to tolerate people who make money off Pokémon, so, yeah.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2020
    It's a pretty cool way to earn cash, but wouldn't that be some sort of a copyright infringement which… they could be sued for? d: Nintendo doesn't seem to tolerate people who make money off Pokémon, so, yeah.

Eh. It's like selling a pokemon card. I doubt nintendo would care. As long as the pokemon are legit anyway.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Depends, if it's pokemon you can't acquire in game (event pokemon, legendaries, even just regular pokemon that aren't acquirable for whatever reason in current gen games) then I could see the value in it.

Years
  • I feel like this wouldn't catch on because of websites like this one. It's not too difficult to find someone willing to trade for whatever shiny you happen to be looking for here, even if you don't have much to trade.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Hey, who are we to tell people what to do with their money? I personally find it rather silly to spend money for a shiny when there are forums and large online communities where you can interact with other players and trade for things like this rather than throw money at it, but to each their own I guess.

Anyway, I don't think this really belongs here in X/Y specifically. I'm going to move this on over to Pokémon Gaming Central instead.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I've never understood spending money on games outside of buying the game itself or paying for important or major add-ons/storage programs. Paying for an individual Pokemon, shiny or not, seems crazy to me. I wouldn't pay for that. If you wanna, that's your own beef.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    This is why Pokemon has always resonated with me a bit more than Yugioh. For Pokemon there's the game costs, but essentially you don't have to spend a ridiculous amount to enjoy, have fun, be good, etc. For card games, there's always new cards that come out, and if you want to be good, and as a result have fun, you have to spend a lot of money.

So spending outside money on Pokemon just doesn't make sense to me, as I've never had to before.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • pokemon sold on ebay are cloned j/s so I mean these people aren't really losing anything and just making free money :(

This being said, there are plenty of people here on PC, myself included, that do RNG requests for free, so you can get shinies that way, with flawless IVs, egg moves, whatever. I'm speaking about gen V though, since I don't think anyone's cracked RNGing in XY, but I could be wrong. Either way though, a lot of RNGed Pokemon are about to make their way into XY with the release of Bank next week, soooo...!

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2020
    I feel like this wouldn't catch on because of websites like this one. It's not too difficult to find someone willing to trade for whatever shiny you happen to be looking for here, even if you don't have much to trade.

Lies.

I worked my butt off trying to find trades for a shiny chlorophyl bulbasaur. It was near impossible and I was willing to trade hordes of shinies. The only ones I could find were like competitive 5IV ones that people refused to trade for pretty much anything other than multiple shiny high IV ones.

Really, it was terrible. Ended up hatching almost 2500 eggs for one. I spent a ridiculous amount of time in a video game. I almost might as well have bought one. I was totally happy when I got it, but still.

Likewise, I believe instantcheck has destroyed the trading process when it comes to shinies for people who do not or cannot use it. There once was a time when even uncompetitive shinies had value. Its down now though. Lets see if things return to normal.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2014
    I think it kinda takes the heart out of Pokémon. It's like, "Screw effort, I have money!" To each his own, I guess. :P

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    I might get flamed for bringing this thread from the dead, but i cant help that these pokemon on ebay did catch my eye, Im a busy professional who works 8-12 hours a day to m-s. I dont have much free time, hell its taken me over 6 weeks to reach victory road in Y when in previous games the elite four were taken down in less than 2 weeks. There's a select few pokemon that i do want, as i said before i don't really have the time to locate/trade for these pokemon so when i see them on ebay for a 1.00, it doesn't seem like a bad deal. Though to be honest if i were to pay for these pokemon i would rather do it with someone from here who can be trusted better than a total stranger on ebay.

Years
    • Online now
    Hi there, this thread is quite old, as you mentioned. The revival limit here is one month, I'm afraid! Be sure to check the rules. Anyway, wishing you a great day!

Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back