• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sempiternal :33

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2013
    Hey everyone c: My name is James & I'm a 16 year old from the UK. The reason why I joined this forum was because I have been a Pokemon fan ever since 1st gen but I'm still new to the competitive battling scene and I would like to improve and if anyone could help me with anything, I would be very grateful. Thanks c:

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    Welcome to the community, enjoy yout stay. This place is like Hotel California, you can checkout you can never leave buts its your fault for not leaving not us locking the doors... what a messed song.

Why not head over to the battle center and trade corner if your interested in competitive battleing, I would give links but I'm on a phone... A HTC phone, yeah the ones with bad keyboards

Years
    Hey there James, and welcome to PC! My name is Zach, and it's a pleasure in getting to know you! {:3}

Ah, so you're into competitve battling? If you need help in sharpening your skills, I suggest you check out the Battle Center for all of your competitive battling needs! :3 And if you still really love the first generation, feel free to check out our Metal and Color Generation Gaming section here as well! And feel free to explore the rest of PC as well, as we have so much to talk about when it comes to Pokémon aside from the games! We have anime discussions here and manga discussions, alongside ROM hacking if you're ever into any of that! We also have an active roleplay corner here as well, and even off-topic discussions away from Pokémon towards the bottom of the forum! We are also a very active community here since it's a worldwide community, thus posting is usually happening 24/7 around here! =D

Anyways, as a reminder, if you haven't do so already, please be sure that you look over the rules here, so that you do not wind up getting into trouble at all! The last thing we want to see here of new members is them getting an infraction simply by committing repeate offenses against the rules, but I trust you aren't one of those people at all, James! ;)

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate in asking anyone around here on staff! They are the users with the bold usernames, and they would be more than glad in getting to help you out whenever you may need them! And we also have our Community Questions & Feedback section here if you feel like asking questions relevant to the PokéCommunity forums there, or if you have a suggestion or just want to leave feedback for the forums as well! :)

Hope you enjoy your stay here at PC, James! Feel free to send me a friend request if you want to! And you are also always more than welcome in either leaving a VM on my profile and or sending me a PM if you ever want to chat with me! ^_^

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    Hello James and welcome to PC!

Yeah I'm not good at competitive battling either. I usually just battle with whatever attacks I feel work best. I remember the days of Gen I and II where most people would just spam their opponent with Earthquake and win that way. Lol. There's a lot of confusing formulas and strategies when it comes to serious battling nowadays. XD Zach has already suggested you a good place to learn about competitive battling. You''ll like Battle Center! You can also try the server we have on Pokemon Showdown. There you can battle people when you can't use your DS cause it's online. I've been there a few times and from experience I can say people there are nice. They are more than willing to give you tips and help you out with your battling!

People are actually very helpful on PC in general. I learned a lot about the forums in the first 5 or 6 months of being on here just from the people. If you have any question you can always drop by Questions and Feedback , the section above this one. A lot of us are nice and will gladly help you out with anything. And I'm also sure many people here , including me and Zach would love to talk and get to know more. So don't be afraid to open up around here! You can chat with me anytime. :) I hope you can make friends here and get meet lots of new people.

Have an amazing stay here! Have fun posting around and exploring the forums, okay? :)

Oooh, well, the Battle Center's going to be awesome for you. <3 I was never good at competitive battling but slowly learned how things work thanks to our battling board and the amazing Pokemon Showdown server. Be sure to check it out! It's got lots of resources for the aspiring battler and a lot of people to help out if needed. Join in on the discussion and be sure to participate in the discussions/battles in our Showdown server. Maybe we can chat about that sometime.. we're both growing battlers and I'm sure it'd be fun. I rely on Smogon for help when it comes to natures and held items, but I think I have most of the other things down. Welcome to PC though, James! Grrrreat to meet you. :3

You're going to fit in awesomely as someone who's been a fan for such a long time so be sure to stick around and have a blast! There are many boards to chat in here for each generation, as well as discussion boards for the Pokemon anime, TCG, clubs, forum games, and other fun little things. You seem like an interesting person yourself so that's even more of a reason to stick around and such, right?! You'll make a lot of cool friends by continuing to sign on and PC will end up being quite a positive experience.. we're a pretty cool forum, hehe. You've met some wonderful people already so in the occasion that you'd like someone to chat with, just drop any one of us a message. :)

Have a great time around the forum and let our staff know if there's ever any help you need! There's always someone online and we're very responsive. Cheers, James~ wonderful meeting you and let us know how your experience has been so far. Hugs to you and hope you're having a great day!

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2013
    @chuckleslucifer Haha, it's alright I understand. I also have a HTC and I have to suffer with the keyboard x)

@ZachLMedia Hey Zach, nice to meet you :) Yeah I like competivie battleing but I really need to improve a lot aha. I will have a look over the rules in a little while, thanks for the heads up. I will also try and look at the battling section to see what I can learn from it c: Thank you for everything, it's much appreciated!

@AWsquared Yeah x) I remember the old days where you jsut use to spam the highest power move and hope for the best. Now you have to worry about Evs and prediction, it's all so complicated now. Thanks for the help!

@Cirno Hey c: I will be sure to check out the showdown site soon and yeah chating sometime sounds good, we could battle too :3 Thanks :) ~Hugs~

Thank you everyone for being so helpful, I wasn't expecting such an awesome greeting. Everyone is so nicee x)

I also apologize for not writing more but I just wrote paragraphs and then my computer froze, hope you don't think I'm being rude. I'm not trying to be

Last edited:
    Back