• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen September CoroCoro Revealed / Pokemon Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boarbeque

Deep Voiced Nerd
    Years
    From PokeBeach:
    Photos of September's issue of CoroCoro are beginning to leak on 2ch. The Pokemon shown all match the information in our previous post here and the starter evolutions that have been floating around for a while, so all of that information is obviously confirmed along with the other information Melkor gave us in our previous post here. Click the thumbnails below for larger photos. Thanks goes to Bangiras and Gin for the translations below!

Dento, Poddo, and Kondo are the Sanyou City Gym Leaders. As stated in the previous post, the Gym specializes in Grass, Fire, and Water. Depending on the Starter Pokemon you choose, you will face the Gym Leader of the type that is stronger than you (like when you battle your rival in previous games).
    Jyanobii - Tsutarja evolution - Grass - Grass Snake Pokemon
    Chaobuu - Pokabu's evolution - Fire/Fighting - Fire Pig Pokemon
    Futachimaru - Mijumaru's evolution - Water - Meditation Pokemon
    Yanappu - Grass - Grass Monkey Pokemon
    Baoppu - Fire - High Temperature Pokemon
    Hiyappu - Water - Water Pouring Pokemon
    Emonga - Electric/Flying - Flying Squirrel Pokemon

September CoroCoro Revealed / Pokemon Sunday!

From Serebii:
    The evolution of Tsutarja is called Janobii. It is the Grass Snake Pokemon, is 0.8m, 16kg and a Grass-type. Its ability is Overgrow.

The evolution of Pokabu is called Chaobuu. It is the Fire Pig Pokemon, is 1m tall, 16kg and a Fire/Fighting-type. Its ability is Blaze.

The evolution of Mijumaru is called Futachimaru. It is the Training Pokemon, is 0.8m, 24.5kg and a Water-type. Its ability is Torrent.

The fire ape is called Boappu. It is the High Temperature Pokemon, is 0.6m, 11kg and a Fire-type. Its ability is Gluttony. It has a new move called Burst Flame which does damage to nearby opponents.

The water ape is called Hiyappu. It is the Water Throw Pokemon, is 0.6m, 13.5kg and a Water-type. Its ability is Gluttony. It has a new move called Boiling Water which, while being a Water-type move, can inflict a Burn.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    New corocoro scans:

We have new scans showing that you the three gym leaders of the first gym and the fire and Water monkey and also confirms the starter evo's here's where I got this info and it also shows the scans: https://pokebeach.com/2010/09/september-corocoro-apparently-leaking
    This info is confirmed too, we already knew of the two others but this is the first time we see the Dento's friends artwork :)

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    this is definitely fake, it was already revealed dento was the -only- gym leader, so i dont believe it for a second.
    plus its not even half way threw September, theres no way you can leak something, that has yet to even begun being printed.

Years
    this is definitely fake, it was already revealed dento was the -only- gym leader, so i dont believe it for a second.
    plus its not even half way threw September, theres no way you can leak something, that has yet to even begun being printed.
    Nope they are true and there was a video showing dento with two others behind him...

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    Look pretty legit it to me, but hey these days who knows. I am not really 'with the program' about Black and White.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I'd tip those waiters %200 if they served me! They are so cute! <3

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    They're confirmed, stop questioning whether they're real or not. And get back to discussing the scans as a whole, etc.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    I think they are legit and I think it is a very nice twist in the game. Looks like I will be vs the fire gym leader. I also think the artwork of the monkey's are very nice too. Makes them look a thousand times cuter.

Boarbeque

Deep Voiced Nerd
    Years
    i only saw dento in the video, there was a wall behind him :/

When they showed his gym badge being obtained by the player you could see a guy with red hair and a guy with blue hair behind Dento.

I like the idea of Boiling Water. It would be a surprising twist in competitive play.

Years
    When they showed his gym badge being obtained by the player you could see a guy with red hair and a guy with blue hair behind Dento.
    Hey since the other two appear after you get the badge I wonder if you could battle the other two after you defeat the one you need to get the badge :)?

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    Omg omg omg! Noooo! If these scans are real, then we have another fire/fighting! I was really hoping something different than fire fighting :(

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years

Hey since the other two appear after you get the badge I wonder if you could battle the other two after you defeat the one you need to get the badge :)?

Hmmm yes me too. You probably wouldn't verse the other two gym leaders till after the E4 when you can re-verse everyone of the gym leaders.

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years
    ^o^ triple battle, yey, mijus second evo acctually rocks, yey, fire monkey rocks yey :D
    Aww i just love the mijumarus evos now, that i see this one :D

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    COOL! I love three Gym Leaders in one Gym. I wonder if we'll battle them in triple battle.
    According to the scans, you face the type strong against your starter so I''l probably be facing Dento or the fire waiter.
    Also I'm kind of liking the starters even the fire one! And I'm loving Mijumaru's evo!

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Notice how the monkeys little hairdo matches the Gym Leader's hair as well. XD;

This shall be fun, especially since I'll be fighting against Poddo as I will be choosing Tstuaja. It would have been nice to be able to take part in a triple Gym Leader battle but it was unlikely.

I'll get used to seeing Chaobuu around seeing as it was staying as unconfirmed for a while. I love Futachimaru's art though. My second choice would have been Mijumaru to keep it at Futachimaru, but I like Tsutuaja and its evolution line most. :)

As for battling the Gym Leaders depending on what starter you choose, I think it's a pretty neat change for the games. Makes me wonder if they'll do anything for the other gyms as well.

Boarbeque

Deep Voiced Nerd
    Years
    I kinda like this idea. This way my friends with different starters will have different leader experiences.

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
    I think you will have to fight all three of them individually first, then in a triple battle. Idk Japenese, so correct me if the text says otherwise.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back