• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

September Spriting Contest - Discussion Thread

Years
    Ok it's rather pointless how you keep arguing about sprites.
    A sprite is a pixel character, preferably in 8, 16, or 32-bit. They are fairly common, and are used in games such as Rockman/Rockman X etc.
    That's really all there is to sprites.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    armadilloHD said:
    ...cough you can check it too. Sorry but I don't think that's the limit ;>> (It's bigger then a gba screen if your slow)

I just wanted to shut him up about that "Limit"

The entries are looking good, not as tense as the last one though ;>>
    true, as they can be as big as a TV screen( referance to older consoles here) but spriting is only a form of pixelart, like cubism is only a form of art, it doesne''t make all art cubism

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    THE SKY IS FALLING

A challenge would be nice, guys. I like to win, but not if everyone else doesn't even try.

gothsinn23

PC's Biggest Terra Fan. ^^
    Years
    DarkPegasus, I recommend you try a custom. Customs are fun to make. You have no restrictions, and you aren't limited to the 'how-it's-supposed-to-look' mindset. With customs, you can make it however you like. But if you are concerned about difficulty level, then custom might not be what you want to do. Anymoo, that's just MO.

Paintshop Pro? Man, I just use MSPaint. xD

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    No! How could you even consider being original?

(I was actually being sarcastic. To answer your question, yes, feel free to make your own superhero)

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    Who's running the October contest? Because if possible, I'd like to do it, since I think I'd be capable of making it not suck.

Back