• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Sequels or third version?

Sequels or third version?

• Total voters

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
Years
  • A third version sequel. Who says Version Z can't be a sequal? Judging by Zygarde's entry, something disasterous might happen in the next installment.

Phangy

Master
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    Am i the only one who thought B/W2 sucked? 70% of the game was your stupid neighbor forcing you to take on team plasma, it had nothing to do with you aside from the fact that you happen to live in the region they're trying to ice over. I rather be able to just be a trainer and become champion, not have to save the world. I'd prefer third version, more of the same isn't bad especially when the same is good. Pokemon has never really been big on deep story line cuz it panders to children. In order for a sequel to be any good, it needs some real writers.

Cameo

Superior heat protecter!
    Years
  • Am i the only one who thought B/W2 sucked? 70% of the game was your stupid neighbor forcing you to take on team plasma, it had nothing to do with you aside from the fact that you happen to live in the region they're trying to ice over. I rather be able to just be a trainer and become champion, not have to save the world. I'd prefer third version, more of the same isn't bad especially when the same is good. Pokemon has never really been big on deep story line cuz it panders to children. In order for a sequel to be any good, it needs some real writers.

To be honest, I didn't like the fifth Generation at all. I'm not really sure whether it was the new Pokémon (to me it felt like Transformers meet Pokémon and they were too... mechanical, especially those legendaries), the story (run trough Unova beating Team Plasma and become the guy who cherish ideals/truth - seriously *****, what the heck?! I'd have better things to do than that) or the Generation overall. Kalos instead is like a breath of fresh air and I can't help but to love it. Pokémon really look like Pokémon and the world destruction story is basicly only a side plot in the games. Personally I want a sequel in a form of the third version because X2 and Y2 wouldn't work out with these games. The fifth Generation gave us two sequels because of Kyurem and it's ability to fuse with either Reshiram or Zekrom, so it was to be expected (though it was still stupid). In these games there isn't anything like that and no need to give us two sequels.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    I really like the idea of prequels. maybe even playing as sycamore, or playing 3000 yers ago(so far we had history only in the form of old towns but a historic pokemon game would also be cool , maybe ride skiddos instead of cycling etc.

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2015
    How about a Third Version that's also a sequel? Maybe that's a silly idea. XD

I think that's a wonderful idea! Because there is no reason a third version couldn't be continued or added storyline and new areas and everything.

Also, I hope if it is the same character, you can somehow transfer your character's looks over. I feel like I put a lot of time into customizing her just right. And there should be new outfits and girls should be able to wear pangoro hats xD because I was not very impressed by the slurpuff dress.

And ryhorn racing. Why wasn't that a mini-game? lol there is track for it. Seems like a missed opportunity.

CharizardY

Master of Fire
    Years
  • I'd like to see Pokémon Z but done is the sequel fashion. Add a new legendary, same region, with a new story line! I'd pay for that.

For whatever reason, I'm more into getting a 3rd version than sequels atm. But like Flushed said, idc which they do, so long as they make the post-game good and myabe add a new idea or 2.

If they do sequels, I kinda want it where the player character is the same one as in X/Y. Basically, make it a continuation of your X/Y character's story.

My thoughts exactly! That would add so much more to it rather than starting all the way over. Surely the 3DS is more than able to make that work.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    If I could, I would have picked both: why not a sequel that is the third version?

Elements1

Meh
    Years
  • Personally, would rather have R/S/E remake but if I had to chose I would have a sequel. I would like to see something similar like they did in BW2.
    -Had it a few years later
    -New places to explore
    -New gym leaders and elite 4 (That can be re-battled on a harder level like SS/HG)
    -Some misc activity (Pokeathalon, Contests etc.)

slim spazzy

Kik: spazzyda59
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    I would definitely prefer a sequel any day over a third version because why waste your money on a very similar version when you can have a brand new game with improved storlyine,more features etc

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
  • I don't care tbh as long as they add post game stuff.

I really don't care for the storyline in Pokemon, I'm the type that just plays it through, does the post game, and then never touched it again (hence why I've barely played X since completing the E4 a few months ago). I mean, the storyline is good, but I'm not a huge reader, so I just kinda skim read it and don't take in everything being said

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • Spoiler:

I'm happy to see the number of people who've already stated the possibility of a Z-version sequel. Think: why was it necessary for Black/White to have two games as a sequel instead of one?

1. The plot diverged at two different points in Black/White, with N taking a different legendary pokemon which directly affected Ghetsis's plans in Black/White 2. Meanwhile, in XY, the plot ended at pretty much the same place.

2. Black and White had varying landscapes--technology or nature--that carried over in their sequels. Although even then, there could have hypothetically been a Gray version which combined the 2 as a middle-ground for the two to coexist...

I'm going to vote in the poll in favor of a Z version, simply because it's the less-favorable option if it doesn't also become a sequel...

Years
  • I hope it's a sequel, I personally really enjoyed exploring Unova in the future. I could really connect with the region, noticing changes, hearing of my previous characters exploits, and seeing how everyone has changed. I find rereleases too static, they're fun don't get me wrong. I just would prefer a new game than a rerelease of the same game I played but with new features, etc.

Years
  • Make it one game as a sequel to the other games. I like how Black 2 and White 2 did it. As long as I feel like I am not playing the same exact game it will be fun. I just hope they go into more detail with the legendary mascots and how they relate to one another.

Sebastian_Sommer

Rocket grunt
    Years
  • a sequel would be nice, especially when the pokebank had pretty much given us the opportunity to reset X/Y back from the beginning without losing any of our collected pokemon team.

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    I won't compare the previous generations with this generation.
    Instead of just having to choose between 1 of them I would rather choose both.

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2014
    I think a third version would be the better choice, if they made Y2/X2 then it would be a repeat of B2/W2. Beisides, the storyline for X/Y seems complete already. Why make a sequel to a game that can't be better then the original, right?

Back