• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sequels

TY

Do sequels improve the series, or do they make it worse?
    Do you feel like the sequel was useful for the series or not?
    Do you wish certain games got a sequel?

Imo, Command and Conquer 4 was one of the worst sequels ever. It just completely scrapped what C&C stood for and made the game totally unenjoyable for me.

One of the better sequels has to be Borderlands 2. The game got a story compared to BL1 and much more vareity in enemies, landscapes and weapons.

Lord Scalgon

I'm just here so I won't get fined.
    Years
  • Realistically, in movies, sequels of most movies didn't turn out that well (aside from Lord of the Rings and 007).

In video games, I could honestly not care about sequels - they're fine without one. Even though I never played the new Call of Duty sequel, I've heard negative reviews about it from others, but eh, it's just criticism.

If I ever wished for a sequel for a game, it would be the old school game Descent: Freespace 2. (1999)

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2014
    Sequels differ from the execution it can either be bad or good.
    I don't really mind sequels but some people (/Cough, Square Enix) tend to make it an ongoing series of it in short amount of time and just gets worse by each release.

The World Ends With You is one of those original games that really needs a sequel. A sequel, not twenty of them.

Back