• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Serious Business (OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
    Valentine - Thanks for the card. Its fine to just post them in here. As for the absence, I'll leave the bunnying choice up to you. If you're posting right before you leave then it shouldn't be much of a problem, but as long as you let me know, you may choose to let someone bunny for you if you don't want to have to catch up later.

King!

better
    Years
    Name: Matthew 'Matt' Black

Appearance: Matt is tall for his age, standing at 6'5", and weighs about 160 pounds. He has a skinny build, and is a little wiry. He can change his voice, making it higher or deeper, but usually keeps it somewhere in between. His jet black hair is short, and he keeps it how it naturally is, curving around his ears, and flat on his head. Matt's favorite thing about his appearance is his eye color, a light and noticeable emerald green. He wears a relaxed smile most of the time, and his face is alive with laughter. He has a bit of stubble on his chin, that he strokes when he is thinking. His tan skin usually bares a few scratches, or bruises, from playing around with his Pokemon, and from the hard work his father gives him.

Matthew wears what a typical teenager would. He wears a plain black undershirt, with no sleeves, and sometimes if it's not hot, a sea blue button up shirt. He wears plain blue jeans, and big white tennis shoes. He also owns a pair of white shorts, if it gets too hot. For formal outings, he wears a white button up with a black tie, and white lined pants, and white dress shoes. Lastly, Matt despises wearing hats of any kind.

Personality: Matt is basically your average teenager, who likes listening to music all of the time, is half lazy, and will sleep in late. Digging deeper, Matt is rather fun, and likes to play games, as long as they aren't too childish. If there is something he wants to accomplish, he works hard at it. On the downside, Matt has a bit of a temper, and is lazy some of the time, if there is a task he is in no hurry to complete. He likes listening to most music, and while on his journey will probably be found with one ear bud in his ear, sound blasting from it, the other dangling so he can hear the world around him. He is stubborn also, and doesn't like to admit he is wrong. He isn't very greedy or selfish, and in fact doesn't eat much of anything. Another eating habit of his, is that he is a vegetarian. He respects other people and Pokemon's decisions. Matt has a common fear of bugs, odd enough for someone like him, but doesn't like to show it on the outside. In battle, Matt uses both strategy and force, and he doesn't like the idea of contests in most other regions; he thinks they aren't proper ways to show off Pokemon, and that you work harder by battling. He likes to use Pokemon he thinks are strong in battle, but can make some exceptions. Matt likes the idea of hacking, but is forbidden to do it.

History: Matt's history isn't much, as he has lived in Pallet town for most of his life. When Matt was young, he lived with his mother, Jenny, his father, James, and his two brothers, one a few years older, named Ryan, the other his fraternal twin, Mark. The family of five lived in the Hoenn region, for the first four years of Matt's life. Matt's father worked at the Pokemon Department Store, and his mother was on the police squad for Lilycove city, where the family lived. However, one day there was a terrible accident.

One day while Matt's father was working, a huge fire erupted suddenly, destroying the department store and killing Matt's father. After this, the family moved to pallet town, a quiet and boring town, where Matt's mother was convinced that nothing could go wrong. And she was right. Pallet Town was boring, and the brothers weren't let out of the house without supervision. They had nothing except their boring toys, and each other, supposed to be being watched by the nanny, who spent her hours laying on the sofa, eating chips and watching television; while the boys mother was working. This lifestyle continued for eight years, until Ryan turned sixteen.

When Ryan turned 16, his mother saw that he was almost an adult. She let him go on a Pokemon journey, receiving his first Pokemon from Professor Oak, but not without hesitation. After Ryan left, the house was even more boring for the 12 year old twins. They were now allowed to roam Pallet town, and they spent most of their time playing two person tag.

For the next four years, Matt grew older, wiser, and more...teenager-ish. They stayed away from each other now, doing their own thing. Matt layed around, or roamed town, listening to his iPod. Mark studied with Professor oak, and learned more about Pokemon. For the next our years, the boys split apart, and on their 16th birthday, they were let go. Matt's story starts on his 16th birthday, and with sobs from his mother, is about to take a journey of his own....

Allegiance: Natural, unfortunately.

Starter Choice: Random, or Sableye, if I get to choose. But please no Mime Jr...(if I HAVE to)

Roleplay Sample:

Spoiler:

~You know what this is from.

Last edited:

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
    King! - great Sign-up. You are Accepted! On an unrelated note, I used to go to school with a guy called Matt Black. You have a random, so you get...oh dear...you're going to hate me for this.

You are starting with a
    Spoiler:

I told you you wouldn't like it...

King!

better
    Years
    I...but...but I can...I can catch it? So...so....you're sure I can't....awww shizzle.

WHY!? WHY ME!?

The MANLIEST character I EVER make gets the WIMPIEST POKEMON!?

And he's afraid of BUGS!

HOw could you!!!!!!

ROFLMAO!

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2009
    I will get my second post up on route one soon, I know I still want to capture a spinarak and want to do maybe another battle before I reach Viridian city. Who else is doing another post?

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    Who else is doing another post?

*raises hand* Mine will be up sometime either tonight or tomorrow. Working on it as we speak.

In the meantime, I've also finally decided about the bunnying issue. I'm just going to catch up with you guys when I get back somehow. I mean, how far is the game going to go in twelve days (not saying that it's slow or anything)? So... yeah. It won't be a problem. Don't worry about me. *thumbs up*

*watches the game rush off to Fuchsia City as soon as she stops talking*

King!

better
    Years
    ^ lol, I'm working to. And I seriously doubt we are going to get past Pewter by the time you are back.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
    Suus uses revive, Serious Business regained half of its health. Don't let this die guys!

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
    Years
    Alright... I'll be posting tomorrow, it seems. The past few weeks have been almost hectic, what with book-buying, resource-stocking, and back-to-school miscellaneous shopping.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back