• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Serious Business [PG-14]

Status
Not open for further replies.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
    Name: Annabelle "Anna" Hawthorne

Appearance: At first glance Annabelle might be a bit intimidating. She is quite tall for a girl, being a little over 1.75 m. but beside her length there isn't really anything else to be afraid off. She has very little body mass, being very skinny. Her face is very sharp with visible cheekbones and a bit of a pointy nose. Her eyes aren't terribly large or small and they are dark brown. Her skin is tanned from being outside a lot, the sun has also made the freckles on her face stand out quite a bit. Her hair is honey blonde and long, often tied up in two ponytails. She has straight bangs across her forehead, but they are often swiped to the side a bit as they are too long to be kept completely straight.

When it comes to clothing Annabelle likes to be a bit more casual. She prefers wearing skinny jeans or white shorts depending on the weather and the season of course. On top of that she likes wearing more girly tops. She wears a white shirt that is tight over the chest then flares out. It has puffy sleeves and golden-yellow bands at the sleeves and the neckline, which is wide and round. She also carries a bright red woolen sweater for if it gets cold. Annabelle likes carrying a spare change like that to be sure that if she'd be cold or whatever situation comes along, she'd be prepared. Around her neck she wears a necklace with a Virgo sign on it, which is her zodiac. She doesn't have piercings, not even in her ear. Her bag is a red and round duffel bag type that is slung over her shoulder. It carries the normal things and also a cell phone she keeps on her at all times.

Personality: Annabelle could be described as a bit of an OCD case in the minor terms. She likes her things straightened out and doesn't like mess at all. Her bag is entirely organized. She likes organizing things and planning things like that. She's not so obsessive compulsive that she needs to do certain things at certain times, but she just needs things to be straight. Give her a pack of M&Ms and she will straighten them out by colour and eat them accordingly.
    She can definitely also be a bit pessimistic. She worries a lot about things that really will be fine in the end. She is a walking time bomb really, with all the stress she gives herself. She worries about everything, if she's doing something wrong, if the hacking she's doing won't actually kill the Pokémon. This cause her to make mistakes.

Now her good side is that she is very friendly. She quickly makes friends even though she can be a bit judging at times. Even though when she judges quickly the same image can also be quickly altered. She is an avid believer in free hugs. She has a problem speaking her mind because she won't often do it. This might be related to the whole worry thing. She needs constant reassurance that what she's saying isn't something preposterous.
    When it comes to boys she's naturally flirtatious. She's not really aware that she's doing it, it's just her way of interacting with guys. This gives off the wrong message quite some times. Annabelle laughs a lot, it's what she does. She's not really a giggling type of girl, more of an all out laugh kind of girl.

Annabelle panics easily too. She freezes up or she starts acting rashly. All in all she's not very good in tight situations, not at all. She mostly just makes it worse for herself. When it comes to battling she is more of a steady attacker type. Most of the other moves get used to a minimum, she focuses on dealing damage mostly. When it comes to hacking she doesn't like to alter the Pokémon's appearance. She will hack the nature or gender to her liking though. But the appearance is something she leaves alone, mostly because she's just too afraid she'll mess everything up.

History: Annabelle grew up in a two parent home with a big brother. That was it, four people. They weren't very rich at all. Her family owned a restaurant in Vermillion city and they lived above it. Her brother was one of those avid computer geeks, always locking himself up in his room. He wasn't interested in Pokémon to say the least. Annabelle herself was, she loved the silly little things.

The kids were always helping in the restaurant ever since they could safely hold a plate without dropping it. Her brother's job was always to take orders while Annabeth delivered the plates. This is what they did when they got home from school. Her mother did everything when the kids weren't there and her dad was the cook. Hector, her brother, was way happier in his room playing some sort of video game, but he was mostly made to work until the business went so well her family could afford to hire someone instead.

From that time on Hector started spending more time with other people since he didn't have to go home to the restaurant anymore. His friends were all geeks like him, too, so they'd always talk computer talk. Annabelle overheard them talking one day about this thing that was happening all over the world. Hacking. They were hanging at their house at the time so Annabelle stayed to eavesdrop some more. They were talking about how some people messed around with the binary code of a Pokemon when inside its ball. She didn't really understand a whole lot about it then.

A few weeks later they were talking about it again and she was back eavesdropping, and they were back on the subject. This time they were talking as if they had experience of it. Yes they'd definitely been experimenting. Annabeth knew for a fact that her parents would never let Hector knowingly do something like that. And so she confronted him, not because she wanted to rat him out, but because she wanted him to teach her. She wasn't all too confident in her skilles but also the thought it intrigued her.

At first Hector was opposed to her ever learning what he called the 'art of modification'. But she persisted and with the threat of telling her parents what he was up to made him give in. At first they practised on captured Ratata, nothing big. Just changing the colours or the gender. Of course there were messups, quite a lot of them really. One Ratata had a tail on it neck and a nose on it's behind. Another one had no head at all. One other one came out spotted with all sorts of colours, she kept it cause she thought it was cute.

With this training and the help of her brother she became better. She actually came to understand how to hack and what all the numbers meant. She understood which things to alter to get what results. Of course she wasn't a master in the art, she was too rash and cumsy to make things perfect. But she wasn't a new and she knew her stuff. She still went to her brother if she wanted something specificaly fixed perfectly though. The hard fixes such as making a Ratata fire a Frenzy Plant attack. No really, he'd done that on her request. A lot of the Ratata were freed and it wouldn't surrpise her if an unlucky trainer would come by a ratata with a head on its bum. Or one attacking him with Frenzy Plant.

With her 17th birthday her parents decided to gift her with a special Pokemon of her own. One imported from Hoenn. It was a snorunt. A male one. Annabeth had heard of the evolution line of Snorunt and knew that only a female on could turn into a Frosslass, and she would love to have one. So she basically begged her brother to turn her Snorunt into a female one. She didn't want it to be ruined by her somewhat clumsy hands. He would just have to do it for her. Then she went on the Magnet Train to Pallet Town where she would register to be a true Pokemon Trainer. With her now female Snorunt by her side.
    Allegiance: Hacker

Roleplay Sample: I can't copy/paste right now because I'm not at my house and the thing is being ridiculous You could look at the Johto League Fate, it's the roleplay I am most active in at the moment =]

Starter Choice:
    Snorunt
    Nature: Sassy
    Ability: Inner Focus
    Level: 5
    Moves: Powder Snow, Leer, Double Team

Last edited:

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
    Dutchesse - Well, it looks good so far! As soon as its completed, I can accept you :D

EDIT: okay, that looks great. You are Accepted with your newly female Snorunt!

@Everyone: Can we get started quickly, please! I'm probably being a little impatient, but Chapter 1 has been up for more than a day and no-one's posted D:

Last edited:

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
    The bumpy train rides always made Annabelle a little drowsy. That and the fact that she was a late riser and right now was not late. She had a lot of trouble keeping her eyes open as the train sped to its destination. Anna herself had wanted to go on her bike but her parents had made her take the train instead. It would be too far away to bike. So she got on the train as early as 7 o'clock on Vermillion Station toward Pallet Town.

It had taken her a bit of trouble to hide Khione, her Snorunt, her new gender from her parents. They kept wanting to see the little thing with her and she was afraid she'd get found out. No doubt her parents would wonder how their little gift had switched from being male to female. Right. Which is why she decided to take one of the earlier rides on the train. She really hadn't wanted to do it herself. Hector didn't want to do it for her because he thought she could do it herself but she really didn't want to mess up. And messing up was something that Annabelle was pretty good at. She had had to beg him but he did it in the end, as a parting gift.

The train just arrived in Cerulean and most of the passengers got off eagerly. She was one of the only ones left now. Bored she went to playing with one of her blonde braids. The daylight suddenly disappeared as the train sped through the mountain. There wasn't a whole lot to see now, just the rock that sped by. In the beginning there was some graffiti on the wall but it didn't take long for the train to get too deep in the mountain for anyone to dare wonder. She thought about how they sometimes had troubles with the Zubat that chose the tunnel as a home. She hated Zubat, they weren't really good for anything. Crobat was the only nice one in that chain.

The light returned through Pewter City, where more people got on and off. Anna started worrying about things now. Was she on time? Should she have gone later? It was Monday, right? Or did he say Tuesday? What if you weren't allowed to bring your own Pokémon? What if Professor Oak found out that Khione was hacked? He would definitely protest. Maybe even refuse to register her as an official trainer. No she wouldn't let him no. There really wasn't a way to tell.. Was there?

This was pretty much the way things went until the train stopped at Pallet Town Station. A few other people got off with her, but really just a few. Picking out the lab was really easy. Not every building had a windmill on its roof. And Pallet Town really was not big. This was one thing that Annabelle didn't have to worry about. When she arrived she found the place buzzing with assistants. None of them really paid her much attention.

"Hello there, can I help you?" She turned around to face a gray haired man in a long lab coat and casual clothing underneath. He smiled at her and she smiled back. "Yes, you can. I'm here to sign up formally to be a trainer?" She said it as a question.

"Okay, come right this way. We'll just register you in the computer." He walked over to a large computer and started typing things. "So what's your name?" He asked and she told him her name, Annabelle Hawthorne. Then he asked her if she needed a Pokémon. "No, I have Khione right here. She's a Snorunt." He nodded and added some more info in the computer before hitting the enter button. Within seconds there was a little yellow card with her information on it. He then proceeded to give her a little yellow device.

"This is a Pokédex used for recording and spitting out info about the Pokémon you encounter. And here are some Poké Ball for capturing new additions to your team. This is all that I need to give you. Good luck on the journey." She thanked him and he nodded her off before going back to do more work. Well that was easy, she thought. When she exited the building she was now a Pokémon trainer. Her Poké Ball, trainer card and Pokédex were in the front pocket of her bag and she was ready to whip them out if needed. Annabelle breathed in the air, feeling ready for her own adventure.

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2009
    Ian got off the train that had finally reached the Pallet Town station at 2:00 pm. It was pretty early in the afternoon and the sun was right over top of Ian. The train station was up on a higher elevation than the rest of the town. Ian could see the whole town with the sun above him. Yet this town was rather small, with maybe several dozen houses in the town, mostly spread out and a large building here and there.

It was really weird for Ian who was so used to the city. Celedon city was probably one of the biggest cities in the Kanto region next to Saffron city, an almost immediate neighbour. Ian had taken the afternoon ferry from Celedon to Viridian city, getting there close to midnight. Then after resting there for a couple of hours, he took the mid-morning train all the way to Pallet town. Based upon what he could see, the town was so small it didn't even look like it needed a train station.

Ian was walking full of confidence and pride as he walked down the steps of the train platform and on the dirt path towards the building on the far side of Pallet Town. He knew this is what he wanted to do; become a pokemon master, and go to the Indigo Plateau. He was also hoping to make a lot of new friends and gain new pokemon. He would prove himself to be the very best, and win any challenge that came his way.

He continued down the path, it was getting brighter outside, and looked to be clear skies. Houses here were not in subdivisions but every now and then along a short path off the main road. Two story buildings with people trying to get away from the big city. Not the life for Ian, who preferred the big city and subdivisions of houses.

Ian got excited the closer and closer he got to the large building on the other side of town. He had been waiting a while for this and his dream had finally come true. He had finally reached the end of the pathway before the building. He paused for a second, taking in the excitement he was experiencing. The red brick columns on either side of the black metal gate said professor Oak and it was then that he knew this was the right place. Up along the path that slightly twisted to the left was a large pink building with a domed shaped roof and a massive windmill behind the lab. The blue door was wide open, as if expecting trainers to entre. Ian walked in through the doors, ready to begin his career.

Immediately inside there was a lobby with two couches, a table and a pink carpet underneath. Along the wall was a bunch of shelves with plenty of books on pokemon and a computer. Ian wouldn't mind reading some of these books but he was very eager to get his new pokemon first. He continued across the room to another door and walked through it to find a complex science room full of unique machines. He had no idea what these were for but he had to guess probably for pokemon. He was drawn to one in particular, and was about to touch it when he heard a voice behind him.

"I am afraid you won't be finding any pokemon in here…"

Ian was shocked and almost jumped in the air at the voice. Behind him was a middle aged man, with sandy brown hair in a white lab coat. Was this the famous professor Oak that everyone knew?

"I…I'm here to get a pokemon and start my journey as a pokemon master"

The professor seemed to be sizing him up for a second and then pulled out a paper on his clipboard. "Sorry, what is your name?"

"Ian O'Connor from Celadon city."

"Oh here you are on the list, you registered just in time, and there has only been one trainer here so far, so you made it here in good time. I am professor Oak, pokemon researcher and poety expert. Follow me to the research room"

Ian followed professor Oak through several corridors outside the lab room he was just in. They both entered a large room up a set of stairs on the second floor. After immediately turning to the left Ian saw a large set of windows, directly across the room, with an inside balcony at the top of the stairs. There was a couch and table on the floor just below this balcony. There was a large water container to the right and a massive computer or machine terminal on the left. At the centre of the room there was seven pokeballs on top of a round metal desk.

"Are these the pokemon?" Ian asked out of curiosity.

"Yes they are. You may take one of the following ones here."

Ian wasn't sure which one to choose, he looked at each description beside each pokeball. He saw that there was a Paras there so he decided that was the best choice, it looked like a pretty cool grass type. "Paras I choose you!" Ian said throwing the pokeball.

He was expecting to see a small orange insect to come out of the pokeball but instead nothing came out. Ian was confused for a moment.

"I am sorry. Another trainer came by already and chose that pokemon a while ago. You may choose one of the others though if you wish," Professor Oak said taking the one ball back from the floor and putting it in a cabinet.

Ian was very dismayed here for a second at that comment. He thought to himself that he might just go home, but he had already spent all this money to get here, he wasn't about to turn around now. After scanning over the pokeballs once more, he noticed the lava pokemon slugma. He was really interested in this one over the others.

"May I choose this one than?"

"Yes I still have a Slugma left, and it is all yours if you want it."

Excited once more, Ian threw the pokeball and yelled, "Slugma, I choose you!"

Out in a flash of light came a unique pokemon. Slugma was a liquir blob of lava, somehow held together with two yellow eyes standing above it. It slowly replied "Slugma!"

"Neat, this pokemon looks so cool," Ian said out in a cheer.

Ian went down to reach for the pokemon and pet it but it immediately burned his hand. "Yow!" Ian yelled out loudly, reaching for his hand.

"Some pokemon are a little nervous about meeting their new trainers for the first time. Sometimes you have to be patient and let them come to you. With that slugma, should turn down his temperature" Professor Oak explained to Ian.

Ian tried this for a second, waiting for the pokemon to react. After a little time had passed, Slugma started moving towards Ian's hand, then eventually rubbing its head in Ian's hand and smiling. "Slugma!" It felt like a nice warm temperature.

"COOL!"

"Oh and I also have to give you this small handy little device. It is called a pokedex. When you point it at pokemon it will describe information to you about them, their type, statistics, moves, its level and a short description. It is also waterproof."

Taking the small bright green device, he quickly pointed it at the Slugma, "Alright, let me give it a try."

Upon looking at the Slugma, the pokedex came to life and started describing the pokemon to Ian.

"Slugma, the lava pokemon. Its body is made of magma. If it doesn't keep moving, its body will cool and harden."

"It is registered to you and only you, so make sure you don't lose it," Professor Oak said.

"Okay!" Ian said nodding his head. "Slugma return," He said as a red beam from the pokeball shot out and sucked the pokemon back into the pokeball in a flash of red light. He then clicked the centre metal ring minimizing it and clipping it onto his belt made to hold pokeballs. "I am ready for this!"

"I am sure you will do great Ian, and become a fine trainer. If you get eight gym badges across the Kanto region at each city, you can entre the pokemon league and fight some of the best trainers in the world. Here are some pokeballs, and develop a strong bond with all your pokemon. Let me add my number to you're cellphone and you can call me if you ever have any questions on your adventure. Good Luck Ian!"

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    Shortly after the train rolled into the Pallet Town station, young, pink-haired girl was still at the platform. She sat on a nearby bench with her canvas bag next to her and her long, pale legs crossed. Carefully and blissfully unaware of the people around her, she applied lip gloss from a pink stick as her brown eyes watched herself in the compact mirror in her opposite hand. Pressing her lips together, she turned her hand slightly to look at the time on the yellow watch around her wrist. 2:05. Briefly, she glanced back at her reflection one last time to make sure everything was where it should be. Satisfied, she closed the compact with a snap, capped her lip gloss, and tossed both into her bag next to a single poké ball. Once she closed the bag, she pulled the strap over a shoulder and stood.

Amy Song was in no rush.

Clasping her hands behind her head, Amy looked at the sky as she walked down the streets of Pallet. It was quaint compared to her hometown of Celadon – almost too quaint. She couldn't imagine what the people there did for fun, not that she particularly cared. After all, she was only going to be there for a very brief moment. Less than an hour, even, if all went well. All she wanted from Pallet Town were a pokédex (something, to her surprise, she couldn't get in Celadon), a starter pack of poké balls (something her parents didn't want to give her, probably because they wanted her to meet Professor Oak for one reason or another), and some low-level pokémon just outside of town.

Remembering the last part, she reached into her bag and fingered the smooth surface of the ball containing her only pokémon. It – because she couldn't quite get used to calling it a he and knew she couldn't call it a she anymore – had to be kept in the ball for now and would probably be fairly useless in battle for awhile. The reason wasn't, of course, because it, as a togepi, only knew a single offensive attack. It was because it and Amy didn't particularly get along. Amy grasped the ball as if the action forced it shut. No, they didn't get along at all.

Minutes passed. Amy felt the warm wind pass over her skin as she walked by several small houses with gardens and expanses of green all around them. She ignored every single one of them, right up until she reached a gate in front of a path that trailed uphill to a large building. Her father told her the place was in the southern part of Pallet Town and that it was rather hard to miss. Trailing her eyes on the sign, she read the name, smiled, and walked past the gate and up the hill.

At its top, a pink building stood. Mentally, Amy ran over the dialogue she'd say, finding just the right words and just the right tone to please the professor. She didn't think it would be particularly necessary to charm Professor Oak, but she figured it couldn't hurt. Taking a deep breath, she approached the front door but found it open. She tilted her head and looked inside. From where she stood, she could see the books, the couches, and the décor, but the room itself was empty.

"Hello?" she called.

Stepping inside, she looked around the room with wide eyes. Her fingers laced behind her as she moved further into the building, through an open door on the other side of the lobby. There, she began to hear voices somewhere far off. Gradually, she wandered down one corridor and another, following the voices cautiously until, finally, she reached another open door.

"—if you ever have any questions on your adventure."

She peered inside. Two people were in the room. One was a young blonde, one Amy felt looked somewhat attractive. The other, the one who was speaking, was an older, gray-haired man in a lab coat. He looked like a grandfather to Amy – or, at least, somebody's grandfather.

"Good luck, Ian!" the man finished in a booming, deep voice.

Amy waited for a few beats. She knew who this was, but she didn't want to just rush in. With her lips pressed together, she backed up to stand by one side of the door for about a minute in case the young man came out. Then, taking another deep breath, she readied herself and her act, turned, and stepped inside.

"Hi hi!" she said. "Sorry, the door was open. I'm Amy Song from Celadon City, and I'm, like, totally psyched to finally meet you, Professor Oak!"

She extended her hand for Professor Oak to shake as a broad smile crossed her lips. Oak turned to face her as he raised his eyebrows. He only seemed mildly surprised to see her there, and as quickly as the surprise came, it left, only to be replaced by a friendly smile of his own.

"Well, hello there, Amy!" Oak replied. "The pokémon are over there, but there's only a few left, I'm afraid."

At that point, Amy reached into her bag and pulled out her only ball. Enlarging it, she held it up for him to see.

"Oh, that's all right. I've got Togepi. He's been with me for awhile, so, like, I wouldn't dream of going with anything else, you know?" It was a lie, of course, that they'd been together for awhile, but she didn't feel like going through the tedium of trying to pick out a pokémon all over again. "I'm just here to get registered."

For a long moment, Oak eyed Amy carefully. Then, he glanced at Ian and chuckled.

"Ah, the youth of today!" he exclaimed. "This reminds me of a poem, actually." He cleared his throat. "Bright, young togepi / Filled with joyful energy / Always exploring." Pausing, he looked at his guests. "What do you think?"

Briefly, Amy wondered if she died on the way to Pallet Town and got sent to Hell. However, instead of saying that, she quickly came up with something else.

"Wow! That was, like, the prettiest poem I've ever heard!" she gushed.

At once, Oak laughed. "Well, it's an honor to meet a fellow poetry lover." He looked towards his other guest. "Excuse me for a moment, Ian. This will only take a moment."

With that, Oak turned and walked a few steps to a desk with a computer. Opening a drawer, he took a red device from its innards along with a handful of poké balls. The device was inserted into a slot in the computer; the balls, meanwhile, were left momentarily beside it as his large hands moved to the keyboard to key in lines of something Amy couldn't identify. After a short while, the device popped out of the machine, and Oak pulled it free. Once he picked up the spheres beside the computer, Oak turned and approached the pink-haired trainer once again.

"This," he said, handing her the red device, "is a pokédex. It's both your trainer ID and your personal pokémon encyclopedia. Just point it at a pokémon, and you'll be able to learn everything there is to know about them, from how much it weighs to what attacks it can learn. And these are your poké balls. Don't use them all on one pokémon, now."

Amy reached out to take the device and the balls. She slipped the latter into her bag and stared with awe at the former, holding it up to the light and running a hand over its smooth surface.

"Wow," she breathed. "That's, like, the coolest thing ever. Thanks so much!"

She slipped the pokédex into her bag and listened to Oak ramble about something involving how she could contact him if she really needed help and about how her pokémon could be stored there. Amy, meanwhile, only nodded every so often and punctuated his speech with a cheerful "okay." After all, now, she was in a rush – one to get out of there and start training the silly thing that called itself a togepi.

With another bow and another thanks, Amy turned and trotted out of the room. Of course, if the other trainer happened to still be there, she would first make sure she flashed him a sweet smile.

It was, after all, always good to at least look friendly to other people.

Monochrome

[♠]♦]♣]♥]
    Years
    "Jez finally!" Julian said getting off the train, it had been a long train ride from Vermillion. And on top of that Julian had to deal with all the stares from other people. It was his clothing of course. He had tried wearing "normal clothes" but they were to tight fighting and uncomfortable so he just stuck with his old clothes. He walked close ad closer to the lab up on the hill. His mind wandered to a week ago when he first decided to attempt the Pokemon League Championship. He had put a decent amount of cash on himself winning... Lucy for him the chances of a rookie who doesnt even have a Pokemon winning is almost impossible, the payout would be amazing.

He pushed the doors of the Lab open and looked around at all the technological marvels around him. He placed his sack down on the desk near the entrance and sat down at the master computer.

"This thing is amazing!" Julian said staring at the screen and smiling.

"Yes it is quite impressive isnt it?" Julian swivelled in the chair to see a large gray haired man smiling at him.

"Are you the old guy who give out Pokemon?" Julian said quite bluntly.

"Err... I prefer the term Professor... But... Yes I am, my name is Professor Oak." He extended a hand and offered a handshake to the young man. Julian stood and grasped his hand. "And what exactly do you go by young man?" He examined Julians odd clothing and grinned.

"My name Julian...And I could really use a Pokemon if you don't mind." Julian just wanted to get himself as far away from the tempting master computer as possible, it was begging to be taken.

"Well then you're in quite the hurry aren't you?" Oak chuckled to himself and examined the bofrom head to foot. "If you dont mind I have one question for you first." Oak said to the boy.

"Shoot." Julian responded.

"Why exactly do you need a Pokemon so badly?"

"...I want to participate in the Pokemon League challenge.. And trust me when I say I have a lot riding on it..." Julian responded in full truth.

"Hmm..." Oak turned and grabbed a ball from the tray behind him. "You need to promise me this Pokemon isnt going to be extorted at all, this Pokemon is your partner, your equal, not a tool. Do you understand?"

"Of course Professor, I wouldn't even think of it." Oak handed him the Pokeball along with 5 others and a Pokedex. Julian thanked him and headed for the door.

"One more thing!" The professor yelled to Julian.

"Yes?" Julian asked his patience growing thin.

"You might want to think of a change of clothing! When I first saw you dressed like that I had assumed you were some sort of pirate or something!" Oak laughed out loud.

"I'll keep it in mind!" Julian said walking out trying to keep himself from breaking out in laughter.

(Sorry for bad quality I did it at work on my crappy laptop.)

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
    Years
    OOC: I intend that everyone use my last name, myself not included, until they know my character better.

"Oi, oi, what have we here?" The young man swung his fan casually, tossing it from hand to hand. His eyes were, as usual, slightly narrowed, a smile glinting in the sunlight - not a very friendly one, however. It was more of a declaration of superiority. He stepped forward lightly, off the train itself and onto the platform.

His home was in nearby Viridian, but he had departed from Celadon, where his grandparents make their residence, going there to receive a Pokemon for his journey. Paras, the Pokemon with tochukaso fungi on its back, was semi-famous for its fungi's potency in medicine and slight toxicity. But these things weren't on his mind, at the moment.

Why was he starting from Pallet Town, anyway? For the Pokedex, probably. The encyclopedic source of knowledge was a tool to be reckoned with on anyone's journey; that was the difference between a man that succeeded and one that failed. Well, he intended to succeed.

He came to the yellow door of the medium-sized laboratory, well-lit in the daytime with several round windows sixteen times the size of a dinner plate. Without any further thought, he pushed the door open tentatively a little, then rapidly propelled it forward.

In the tiled room were several researchers, white lab coats as pristine as snow. Professor Okido was at a back table, examining a cardboard box of... something. He grinned, and crept forward, unnoticed by the researchers that were furiously at work.

"Ojiisan." The voice cut into the peace of the laboratory. Professor Oak winced from the ice in the voice. There was respect, but behind that was pure sharpness, all shrapnel and no shells. Maintaining his composure, Professor Oak turned around to greet the new trainer.

"Welcome to the Oak Laboratory, young man!" Professor Oak smiled, hand behind head, somewhat relaxed.

"Okido-Hakase. I've come to ask for what is ritually given to any person above the age of ten with the wish to go on a Pokemon journey." The young man before him grinned back, slightly condescendingly. He unfurled his sensu fan, revealing calligraphic characters, written with smooth, bold strokes, announcing his name.

哲人 六三郎

Okido-Hakase suddenly chuckled. "You act rather strangely, young man. This reminds me of a poem- oh, wait, I've done that today already." Rokusaburo's gaze blasted Professor Okido with a heat wave. "Poetry, hakase? Can we get to the point here?" He was clearly being annoyed.

"Geez, young people these days... RESPECT YOUR ELDERS, YOU FOOL!"

Rokusaburo was obviously alarmed by this. "Gaaah! Do your job, ojiisan!" He tapped his fan three times against his left hand. "Just give me the stuff, please."

In response, Professor Okido hurled a brown Pokedex at him, Rokusaburo fumbling to catch it. "Stupid punk! You'll have to prove yourself before you get your starter Pokemon!" Rokusaburo was consequently pelted with multiple Pokeballs. "Uh, actually, Okido-Hakase... I don't really need a starter. You see... I already have one."

Professor Okido sighed. "I suppose that's it, then. The Pokedex has already been registered. Have a nice journey."

Rokusaburo, surprised, glanced at Professor Oak, and nodded once. "Then thanks, ojiisan." Without a further word, he dashed out of the Pokemon Lab rapidly.

"Tetsuji! Come back here, baka!"

Years
    Timelessparadox - Nice starting post! ;)

Julian received a Pokedex, Pokeballs and a Level 5 Wingull

Cirrus - Interesting opening, that's for sure!

Rokusaburo received a Pokedex and Pokeballs

@everyone: seeing as most of us have finished the first chapter, we'll get to the first route soon ;)

Years
    sorry this took so long D: feel free to mock and scorn me

Chapter 2 - Route 1
    (reccomended number of posts: 2)

Well, I'm sure you'll have been down Route 1 so many times that you could do it blindfolded. Nevertheless, it's the only way out of Pallet so you'll have to take this road. Overall, it's fairly basic - just a grassy plain with the odd tree, but you should watch out near the middle, where the huge grass grows to almost seven feet. Unless you have a compass, you'd better stay on the path.

Wild Pokemon
    - Make sure to end any capture posts with the Pokemon being sucked into the ball. I'll then judge whether the Pokemon is caught and its level on the quality of your post. If it's very good, you might get a little surprise. ;)
    - Shiny Pokemon are available, but are very rare and therefore very difficult to catch.
    - Kanto may be a little different to how you remember, so don't expect all of the Pokemon to be the same, especially as you get further into the adventure. Pokemon from other regions, in particular, are significantly more common

Pokemon Available:

Pidgey
    Serious Business [PG-14]

Level: 2-5
    Moves: Tackle, Sand Attack (level 5)
    Rarity: Common

Rattata
    Serious Business [PG-14]

Level: 2-5
    Moves: Tackle, Tail Whip, Quick Attack (level 4)
    Rarity: Common

Spinarak
    Serious Business [PG-14]

Level: 2-4
    Moves: Poison Sting, String Shot
    Rarity: Uncommon

Seedot
    Serious Business [PG-14]

Moves: Bide, Harden (level 3)

Bidoof
    Serious Business [PG-14]
    Serious Business [PG-14]

Moves: Tackle

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
    The moment Annabelle stepped on the first route she took a deep breath of fresh air. Even though Pallet Town was barely a town, the air still smelled fresher when there were plants. There was a slight bit of wind playing with her bangs, but the rest of her hair was securely tied up in two braids. The wind had not a whole lot to play with. Annabelle felt like running around catching every Pokémon she saw. Whenever she saw another one slip away she wanted to run after it, but she had to straighten herself out. It wouldn't do to go on running after everything that moved.

She knew that many a new trainer caught their first Pokémon on the infamous Route 1, but she had to think about what her party would need. If she was going to challenge the gyms she had to have a solid idea of a well balanced team. Oh, who was she kidding? She totally went for favourites.

After a bit of walking she was brutally reminded that she was a city girl. He feet started hurting a bit and she found out that the jeans she had chosen to wear might look good on her, but they weren't all too comfortable. Why didn't anyone tell her to wear proper walk wear? Oh right, they did. She was interrupted in her self-scolding by a voice behind her.

"Hey you!" Annabelle turned around to who had so rudely addressed her. Hey you? Come on! She looked at a boy no older than 11 at most. He had sandy blonde hair that curled in a mess around his head and he wore a loose white T over even looser jeans. On top of the messy hair was a red and black baseball hat. All in all he didn't match whatsoever. Beside him was a Ratata he had no doubt just caught.

"What is it?" Anna's voice was gentle like it always was with children. She loved the little rascals. This one seemed intent on something though, he had that determined look on his face that many children had when they really wanted something.

"You look weak, want to battle?" Okay, compassion for the small only went so far. Weak?! I don't look weak! He looks like a midget! How can he call me weak?!. She's show him what weak was.

"Bring it!" She challenged, released Khione. The Snorunt stared at the Ratata challengingly. She also seemed eager to prove herself.

"Alright, Ratty, use quick attack!" The kid had everything about him that said over-eager first-time battler. Good thing this wasn't Annabelle's first time. Her brother might not have been interested in Pokémon, but he had been interested in his hacked creations. They'd had plenty of practice battles to see if what they had done worked. They'd even had little competitions of who could give their Rattata the strongest moves. No matter that she always lost.

"Khione use powder snow!" The Rattata jumped toward Khione with amazing speed, just as Khione was about to make this route a bit icy Ratty's nose connected with Khione's stomach and she was propelled backward.

"Alright Ratty, do that again!" Really, liking kids only went so far when you were dealing with a particularly annoying one. Annabelle quickly told her Snorunt to use the same attack also. Khione jumped up eagerly and started blowing an icy beam of snow toward the Rattata. Ratty was stopped in mid-quick attack, caught in the powder snow. It's very light body cause it to actually be lifted up and dragged with the wind for a few meters before crashing into a conveniently placed tree. Right.. What else could Khione do? Annabelle asked herself.

"Ratty use tackle!" Came the command on the opposite side of this particular patch of ground. Annabelle called out her own command. "Khione use double team!" The Snorunt multiplied itself into about a dozen copies, Rattata was caught in the middle, not knowing which copy exactly to strike. Its confusion was evident as it lashed out to a couple of fakes, the latter disappearing on touch.

Ratty jumped up and down against copies and copies, growing more tired with every leap, and it had yet to find the real one. Finally when only one of them was left it seemed intent on striking that one down. It leaped up in the best tackle such a little Rattata could muster, but what comes up must come down. The moment Ratty had anticipated to hit Khione it fell face-first into the ground instead. Right behind that copy stood Khione, she had never been inside the circle at all.

"Alright Khione, use powder snow again!" Khione now jumped up and released a flurry of snowy wind upon Ratty. Rattata was left unconscious surrounded by little bits of snow. The boy looked as if he was about to cry, with a pouty lip and all.

"Don't take it too hard, you battle well," Annabelle said with a kind smile. The kid was alright, he had just been over-eager to show off his Rattata.

The boy ran toward her and kicked her in the shin. "That's for cheating!" And then ran off with Ratty in his arms. Annabelle grumbled as she cradled her shin. For such a small little brat the thing had a solid kick. And so she walked- no limped- on with Khione by her side, silently cursing the brat with all the words from the books. And maybe a few she had made up herself.

Years
    Dutchesse - haha, great battle against the little brat.

Khione grew to level 8

Just as a general notice to everyone - from tuesday to tuesday I will be on holiday. Keep posting and get up whatever you can, I'll grade all of the posts when I get back.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    Not long after she left Professor Oak's laboratory, Amy strode down the road and right out of town. She couldn't feel happier to leave. The place was utterly boring to her, what with its safety and quietness. It was like a picture from a country magazine, right down to the point where she expected that what the majority of the citizens did all day was sit on verandas and drink iced tea while gazing fondly at gardens.

Outside of the city limits was at least somewhat more exciting. There, wide expanses of green grass swayed gently on both sides of an open path to obscure possible pokémon. She could hear the shrill cries of rattata and pidgey carried along the warm breeze. Nearby, there were a few trees, some of which had green and yellow spiders rushing up the sides. Avoiding the ones with spinarak she could see, Amy went for a large, old tree and stood in its shadow, looking up at the blue sky through its branches.

Reaching into her bag, she pulled out Togepi's poké ball. With a click, it expanded from the size of a ping-pong ball to that of a nice-sized baseball, and she paused to study it, as if debating whether or not to release the creature inside. Finally, she pointed the button on its face towards the ground next to her.

"Togepi, come on out!"

The ball swung open, and a white light burst from its center. It quickly reshaped itself into a spiky-headed creature – a togepi. The creature's small, stubby arms went to his mouth as he looked up towards his master. Then, with a chirp, he started backing away.

"All right, Togepi," Amy said as she put the ball away. "I know you don't know too many moves, so we're gonna, like, have a good time on this tree, okay?"

She backed away a few paces and pointed to the trunk. Togepi watched her and then turned his small eyes towards where she was pointing.

"Present!"

Togepi stopped and stared at the spot. He knew the attack, could picture it in his mind, but wanted nothing more than to turn away and run. In fact, he turned, but as soon as he did, he found himself looking up at Amy, who responded with a frown. Shuddering, he turned back towards the tree.

"Come on, Togepi. No one's gonna, like, you know, hurt you or anything."

So, he summoned all his strength and stretched his arms out in front of him. A glowing, white ball appeared between them, growing quickly to about half the size of his own body. Whimpering, he dashed forward and planted it haphazardly at the base of the tree before running back to hide behind his trainer's legs. In the meantime, Amy watched, a grin crossing her face as she waited in anticipation.

The resulting explosion not only took out a large chunk of the tree, but it set fire to the bottom half of the trunk, shook it, and rained spinarak down on the both of them.

Both trainer and pokémon screamed with high-pitched voices. Amy snatched Togepi up and stumbled backwards, pointing the egg towards the spiders.

"PRESENT!" she shouted. "LOTS OF THEM! RIGHT NOW!"

The egg didn't hesitate. His arms wheeled as he closed his eyes and focused all his power into creating one ball of light after another. Each one rained down on the angry spiders. Some resulted in explosions – small bursts, large bursts, fizzles – while others resulted in a rain of sparkling dust that wormed its way into the closest spinarak's exoskeleton to soothe its pain and repair its injuries.

Amy really didn't watch to see how many Togepi hit or took out. A lot of the spiders managed to avoid the explosions. The ones closest to these subsequently scurried away to avoid the resulting burning grass or further blasts. Others darted into the healing dust, only to be nailed with another explosion. Those that did this followed the first spiders to find another tree. The lucky ones kept their pursuit of the two until they limped or dragged themselves to a stop just beyond the range of the egg's attacks. In all, only one of them flopped over, legs curling in the air and an unconscious glaze over its eyes as a result of taking the brunt of one too many explosions and not enough healing dust.

Little by little, the herd died away in this manner, with Amy constantly looking away and praying that there would be a brief moment when she could actually turn and run.

Finally, however, she tripped and fell backwards, sprawling into the tall grass. Togepi arched through the air with a scream but came down next to her head and rolled down the soft grass to come to a stop beside her feet. Both of them looked up to see the only spinarak left snip off the other end of the String Shot that wound around Amy's ankle. Amy looked at the sticky thread and, as a knee-jerk reaction, screamed and kicked at it.

"EW! Getitoffgetitoffgetitoff!!"

One of her frantic shakes slammed her toes into the underside of the spider's head, sending the green and yellow creature flying. The creature landed on its back, its legs wheeling in the air as it chattered rapidly. In the meantime, Amy forced herself to her feet and scrubbed her ankle against the grass in a desperate attempt to get the strings off. Togepi whimpered, glancing from the spider to Amy and back.

Because of that, it was Togepi who saw the spider eventually roll itself over and glare at the human. The spinarak's mouthparts parted, and it crouched low, ready to attack. With a small gasp, Togepi extended his stubby hands and formed one last Present. Pitching the ball of light at the spider, Togepi missed it by an inch and instead, it fell on the ground near Amy, just as the spinarak fired a volley of white pins into it.

This time, the explosion knocked Amy off her feet and sent her head first into the tall grass only a few inches from where she started. Togepi immediately retracted itself into his shell, and the spinarak looked like it was about to break down into fits of laughter. This was how Amy found it as she groaned and sat up, and she wasn't exactly pleased to realize it was laughing at her.

"Hey!" she snapped as she picked up a nearby rock and chucked it at its head.

With a smack, the spider remembered what it was doing as pain laced through its suddenly aching skull. Its glare returned, and it advanced with an angry chatter. At once, Amy realized what she just did was probably a stupid idea.

"H-hey! I'm sorry," she said as sweetly as she could. "I'm really sorry! I-I didn't, you know, mean to hurt you! Are you okay?"

The spider was clearly not listening as it parted its mouthparts again.

Swallowing, Amy looked towards her togepi, still curled inside his shell.

"Stupid, useless pokémon," she muttered.

Reaching into her bag, she tried to find something that might help – repel, hair spray, a lighter, anything. What she found instead was the handful of poké balls Professor Oak had given her. She frowned as she brought one out.

I don't really want it, she thought, but it looks like it's gonna kill me if I don't.

With that, she whipped her hand around and sent it flying towards the spider. It smacked the spider in the head and swallowed it in a flash of red light before dropping to the ground. Holding her breath, Amy watched it closely and prayed the ball would work.

Monochrome

[♠]♦]♣]♥]
    Years
    Julian stomped through the grass of Route 1 parting the grass with the soles of his shoe. He found a nice stone to lean on while he took a break. After taking a nice sip of water from the cantine he had "borrowed" from a passerby he took a look at the Pokemon ball he had been given by the old man. He tossed it up in the air and took out the small red square that the old man had given him.
    Serious Business [PG-14]

Wingull

Wingull has the habit of carrying prey and valuables in its beak and hiding them in all sorts of locations. This Pokémon rides the winds and flies as if it were skating across the sky.

"Jez how did I get stuck with the most common Pokemon in the world?" Julian said in disappointment. He stopped and reread the Pokedex before taking a good look at the Pokemon. "Valuables?" He grinned and Wingull turned its head in confusion. "Go make yourself useful and bring me something! Go!" Julian started waving his arms at the Pokemon who flew off into the grass. Julian leaned back and pulled his bandana over his eyes before drifting off into a light slumber.

Julian woke to the frantic screaming of his Wingull as it flew towards him flapping its wings. "Woah relax Breeze what's wrong?" And the Julian saw it; in tow of his Pokemon was a purple rat charging as fast as it could with an angry expression on its face. "I told you to bring me freaking treasure not a damn rat!" Julian yelled and kicked the rat away from himself before pulling out the Pokedex once more.
    Serious Business [PG-14]

Rattata
    Cautious in the extreme, its hardy vitality lets it live in any kind of environment.

"You're a Pokemon! You should be able to fight that thing back right!?" He looked to his Pokemon who hesitated before nodding. "Okay let's use Water Gun!" Julian commanded while checking his Pokedex for attacks. A burst of water came from the blue and while gull and the rat artfully dodged away before tackling it to the ground.

"Come on Breeze, get up and use Water Gun again!" Julian said with more confidence this time. His Pokemon seemed to pick up on this confidense because this time the blast of water that came from its mouth was much larger and engulfed the small rat sending it back into a patch of grass.

The Rattata became stood and angrily charged so quickly at Breeze that it virtually dissapeared before making contact with Breeze. This time Breeze was hit hard and it had trouble even getting back up to its feet. "Breeze seriously finish it with a Water Gun now!" Julian yelled pointing at the Rattata. A blast of water came from Breezes mouth and hit the Rattata knocking it back. "Don't hold back Breeze keep on pushing it!" Just before the water hit Rattata again it jumped up in the air and slammed into Breeze with its tail.

Just as Breeze began to recover the rat dissapeared into another blur and slammed into him with its head knocking it to the ground unconscious. "Dammit!" Julian said as the Rattata looked to its left and right before running back into the grass. "Oh no you dont you little ****!" He yelled before jumping into the grass and grabbing it by the tail with his right hand. With his left he pulled out a Pokemon ball and hit the rat on the head with it. A red light flashed and the ball fell to the ground. It wobbled once..... Twice...... Three times before......

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
    Years
    Route 1 was fairly quiet. Devoid of sound most of the time when one didn't wander off en route, so to speak, the only audible noises were the poetic rustles of the tall grass and the sounds of footsteps on the main path. Many trainers chose to embark on their journey each year; all had to pass through this route. Within a few hours - or days, he couldn't be entirely sure - he would arrive at Tokiwa City.

Tokiwa City. He spat out a blade of grass that he had been chewing on, plucking another anew. It tasted... like grass. Water parsnip. Hmm.

Swinging his ubiquitous sensu fan about him like a scythe, Rokusaburo decided to wander off into the tall grass, blades parting as he walked among the greens. More sounds could be heard now; the jolly chirps of bird Pokemon, the impatient squeaks of mice, the crackling of wood; and even some clicks to indicate insectile movement. Seeing nothing out of place, he moved on, not bothering to look at whatever was in front of him-

And bumped into a pond. A POND! In the tall grass. Seriously. He had almost fallen into the small pool of water in the clearing. Raising an arm to steady himself, balancing on one foot, with the support of the ground, he suddenly experienced a sharp pain on his forearm. This event was too momentous for him to maintain his position, and he fell forwards into the clear reservoir with a none-too-silent 'plonk'.

Oookay. I am
    not impressed with this event. Somehow, though, he had allowed his sensu fan to stay aloft and untouched by the water. That was a good thing, at least. He got up slowly, turning around to observe the identity of the culprit.

"That... son-of-a-biscuit... umidanuki..." It was a beaver. A buck-teethed beaver stood on its hind legs - or paws, one could say - calmly gazing at the spectacle, smile on its face. Rokusaburo got up.

"I challenge you to a duel, accursed water beast!" Grabbing his Pokeball from his sodden belt - the technological marvel was waterproof, at least, he fumbled at the release button for a few seconds.

The beaver smiled maliciously, front teeth glinting in the sunlight. "Bidooof!"

A red beam shot out of the Pokeball. Rokusaburo was triumphant.

"Paras, Scratch that annoying... er, what's its name again?" He frowned. "Alright, continue with the attack, but I need to check something first." He fished a brown device out of his pocket, and scanned the beaver with its sensor. The pokedex beeped, then began to recite the entry for the critter in front of him.
    Serious Business [PG-14]

Bidoof, the Plump Mouse Pokémon.
    It gnaws on trees and rocks with its strong front teeth and lives in nests near the water.

Meanwhile, the mushroom-insect had already engaged the critter, and was grappling with it. Bringing down one of its pincers down on Bidoof's head, Paras fell back as a savage tackle attack from Bidoof made it recoil. They exchanged blows again, running at each other, the force of their attacks colliding.

The battle's going... monotonously.
    "Pokedex, bring up the entry on Paras as well. Now! I want to beat up that beaver, and I want it done efficiently." Rokusaburo aimed the sensory beam at Paras instead. The Pokedex beeped a second time.

Serious Business [PG-14]

Paras, the Mushroom Pokémon.
    Mushrooms named tochukaso grow on its back. They grow along with the host Paras.
    Ability: Effect Spore
    Induces paralysis, poison, or sleep when struck.

His patience was running out. Really quickly. But he was still willing to wait to score a lucky status effect on the enemy Bidoof whilst the two Pokemon staved off against each other. "Scratch again, Paras!"

Paras scuttled towards the Bidoof, who ran towards the other direction, stopped, then ran back at its enemy for another tackle. They made a pass for the third time at each other; and Effect Spore finally kicked in. As Bidoof smashed into one of the mushrooms on Paras's back, a yellow, musty powder filled the air. Slowly but surely, the Bidoof's movements became sluggish and eventually began to cease.

"Excellent job, Tochukaso. " He glanced at the struggling form of Bidoof, pondering for a moment. Then he threw a Pokeball. "Bringing this water rat with me will probably help me with the next stage of my journey. And... it'll learn to never make mischief while I'm on the watch again!" He grinned. The sphere flew towards the Paras and absorbed it as a mass of pulsing red energy, and it began to roll back and forth. Rokusaburo and Tochukaso looked on in anticipation.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back