• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Seriously, where do they get all this money from!?

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    I was just watching some of the anime lately and team rocket, week after week have robots that would take milions of dollors to make! Same with the villians in the movies! They're spending crazy amounts of money on these things!
    I know cartoons don't have to make sense but sometimes i feel they're just insulting our intelligence xD

Okay i will re-phrase the question.
    Where do you think they do get all the money hypothetically speaking?

Last edited:

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    Team Rocket gets all their money from Giovanni who is gullible enough to think that they can actually succeed. Also, James is quite rich if I recall correctly.

pong08

Black & White... don't fail me
    Years
    Yeah, but this is like 400+episodes of spending money on robots and stuff like that. AND THEY FAIL EVERY TIME. But they STILL SPEND MONEY after that. It's just ridiculous amount of money being WASTED

Years
    I always think about this, why instead of reciting their motto (which I personally liked the original one better), they just run? They're always in some sort of flying machine, so they could get away pretty fast. Then you can ask,
    WHY DON'T THEY JUST GO AND CATCH A PIKACHU?!?!?!

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    Team Rocket gets all their money from Giovanni who is gullible enough to think that they can actually succeed. Also, James is quite rich if I recall correctly.
    They get all the money from Team Rocket fund :P! XD!
    Yeah, james is quite rich but I don't think that he uses his personal wealth for failing everytime! XD

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    There's also the consideration that the technology used in the Pokemon world is slightly ahead of the real world. This can be seen from catching Pokemon, the ability to deposit live organisms into machines and moving pathways as you can see in the movie where Deoxys is featured. It might be less costly to manufacture these machines because of the technological advancements.

But then again, it is a cartoon/anime.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    I was just watching some of the anime lately and team rocket, week after week have robots that would take milions of dollors to make! Same with the villians in the movies! They're spending crazy amounts of money on these things!
    I know cartoons don't have to make sense but sometimes i feel they're just insulting our intelligence xD

Okay i will re-phrase the question.
    Where do you think they do get all the money hypothetically speaking?

First of all, animes are not supposed to support logic.
    Second of all, the money comes from the money they would otherwise use for food, which is why they are hungry all the time. Added with selling some of their possesions, like James' bottle caps.
    The machines don't necessarily cost that much. They just buy some scrap parts and join them together most of the time.
    So yeah, fot the conclusion, they thought people like us would never never think where it came from, and bend logic on the way.

how does Staryu use water gun? It doesn't have a mouth or cannon so....

Actually, this one totally makes sense. In the anime, staryu has a hole at the end of each of it's five... things... It sprays water out of them. That's what I remember.

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    They've stolen parts though, no?
    and they get money from scamming kids (fake seals, fake badges, etc) and the food money

derozio

Years
    First of all, animes are not supposed to support logic.
    Second of all, the money comes from the money they would otherwise use for food, which is why they are hungry all the time. Added with selling some of their possesions, like James' bottle caps.
    The machines don't necessarily cost that much. They just buy some scrap parts and join them together most of the time.
    So yeah, fot the conclusion, they thought people like us would never never think where it came from, and bend logic on the way.

Actually, this one totally makes sense. In the anime, staryu has a hole at the end of each of it's five... things... It sprays water out of them. That's what I remember.

Nice Explanation there! But I don't think that james' bottle caps cost very much! XD.
    That food logic makes some sense though......

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    They get money the same way you get money in the games, beating poor little kids in pokemon battles. Remember, despite being pathetic in comparison to Ash and Co., they are fairly decent battlers...and they have a Meowth that can potentially use Pay Day (but I think there was an episode a while back that centered on how Meowth wasn't able to use Pay Day...)

derozio

Years
    They get money the same way you get money in the games, beating poor little kids in pokemon battles. Remember, despite being pathetic in comparison to Ash and Co., they are fairly decent battlers...and they have a Meowth that can potentially use Pay Day (but I think there was an episode a while back that centered on how Meowth wasn't able to use Pay Day...)
    I really don't think that they get money that way. Coz they are always after Pikachu and IF there is anybody they want to attack besides Pikachu then Ash and Co are always there to help those people in need.

Ayselipera

They get it from the Team Rocket Fund. Theres some episode where they find out their in alot of debt and they have to resign up to be on the team.

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    Giovanni always sends Team Rocket out a loan, but they were never able to pay him back. That is why when they call him for money, he usually says no. They owe the corporation so much already, thats why at one point they had that Delibird come around to get their dues xD.

Asgard

Why you little...
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 31, 2020
    What if they sell the junk on, say, pokE-bay? There's probably someone out there who buys/collects broken machinery. Lawrence III

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
    A better question would be:
    'If they have all the money to make robots, why don't they have enough to buy food, or Pokeballs to catch their own Pokemon with?'

Back