• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

set or switch

do you play set or switch

• Total voters

Wobbubobafett

my backpacks got jets
Years
  • like the title says do you play with pokemon with the option of switching after you KO an opponents pokemon or so they switch in right after.

i play with it set, it makes the game a little more challenging and interesting.

Axєl

→ enveloping flames;
    Years
  • Hmm, I usually play with the option to switch, but that doesn't mean that I do switch out. Most of the time I don't, actually.. Unless I'm just training some weaker Pokemon.

Wasn't it Emerald that didn't allow you to have the switch option? I remember that KO'd me a few times. xD;

Last edited:

Aquerex

A New Beggining
    Years
  • I play with switch only because of the small chance that I would need to switch to prevent one of my Pokemon from fainting.
    I almost never use it, only in critical situations.

Medli

I am Error.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    I put it on Set if I'm at the beginning and I don't have any other Pokemon to switch to. Then after I get another team member, then I'll play on Switch. Even if it makes it easier, I'm too lazy to keep it on Set and switch after the opponent does. I can make the game more difficult in other ways.

I used to play on Set, though, because I was one of those kids who only trained one Pokemon on accident and never needed to switch. It was great on Pokemon Sapphire because my Blaziken would just sweep the Elite Four. Haha.

Wobbubobafett

my backpacks got jets
    Years
  • my logic is that in a battle the trainer wouldn't tell you what pokemon they were using next and they woudn't ask you if you should switch too

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • when I was younger I had it on set, I only used one pokemon throughout the game xDD but as I grew older I found it that I needed to put it on switch

Years
  • I sometimes play set (ie. when I played through the game with just a Bellsprout and HM Slaves) but most of the time I use switch so I can change Pokémon mid-battle to something that has the type advantage.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • Most of the time, I never bother to change it. It stays 'switch' by default. Still, I just use 'set' for challenging gameplay sometimes. x3

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • Nice thread, wrong forum though. This belongs in General Pokemon Gaming, so I'll move it there.

Thread Moved.

Tox

fight me
    Years
  • I always have it on switch. It's like that at the start so I don't changing it. I use set when I'm doing a Monotype Challenge though.

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Insert random filler here.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Mines always been set to switch but the amount i use it depends on what I'm doing. If I'm just random training or the Elite 4 I generally don't bother or really need to in the case of the Elite 4 considering you can get past most with one polemon with the right typing. Although sometimes i like to sweep my rival by swapping in and out type for type to thrash him!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Dang, what's up with all the KH people at the top of the thread? HAI GUYZ. Anyway, I switch all the time. I hate using the same Pokemon over and over again. But if half my team is down, then I ain't switchin'. But I do keep the settings to shift.

Back