• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Setmaptile from a certain place to other place

Lance32497

LanceKoijer of Pokemon_Addicts
Years
  • Good day guys and gals ^_^

CALLING FOR SCRIPT EXPERT THERE!

Heres my Question, a request as well...

What is the entire script for: After the PLAYER talk to the NPC it will set a maptile to other area.

EXAMPLE:
    After I make a convo. to a guy in SAFFRON CITY, He will set a maptile on PALLETE TOWN.
    .did you get what I was trying to say?

MORE CLEARER EXAMPLE:
    SABRINA is in saffron, when I talked to her, she said "A new building was there in you HOMETOWN" Then I fly to my HOMETOWN, Voila! A new building appeared.

And lastly, Do I need to level script that?

For a kind-hearted person that will give me a script for that, please accept my best thanks.

Years
  • In the Sabrina script add "setvar 0x4050 0x1"
    And make a level script in Pallet Town with the type "setmaptile" which is basically just:
    Code:
    #dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
    setmaptile 0xXXX 0xXX 0xXX
    end

I'm not gonna explain the parameters, XSE does that. Also, this type of level script doesn't require you to decompile the script and change #raw word 0xFFFF to #raw word 0x0
    Also, the level script needs to happen everytime you enter the map from the first time you change the var's value, so don't ever change it again

Lance32497

Years
  • In the Sabrina script add "setvar 0x4050 0x1"
    And make a level script in Pallet Town with the type "setmaptile" which is basically just:
    Code:
    #dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
    setmaptile 0xXXX 0xXX 0xXX
    end

I'm not gonna explain the parameters, XSE does that. Also, this type of level script doesn't require you to decompile the script and change #raw word 0xFFFF to #raw word 0x0
    Also, the level script needs to happen everytime you enter the map from the first time you change the var's value, so don't ever change it again

Before anything else, Let me thank you for responsing in my noob question, so in PALLETE TOWN MAP Header, after creating setmaptile script Ill insert 4050 and 0x1

thanks

Years
  • Before anything else, Let me thank you for responsing in my noob question, so in PALLETE TOWN MAP Header, after creating setmaptile script Ill insert 4050 and 0x1

thanks

In the flag box you should put 4051 and in the Value box you should put 1
    However I'd prefer you understand how vars and level scripts work
    You can find a very good tutorial for vars, script tiles and flags by karatekid
    And level scripts are pretty simple, they basically work like script tiles but he script occurs everytime you step inside the map that has the level script

Lance32497

Years
  • In the flag box you should put 4051 and in the Value box you should put 1
    However I'd prefer you understand how vars and level scripts work
    You can find a very good tutorial for vars, script tiles and flags by karatekid
    And level scripts are pretty simple, they basically work like script tiles but he script occurs everytime you step inside the map that has the level script

once again thanks
    Ill always remember tht ^_^

Back