• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Settings For GBA On The PSP ;p

rmmstnr

The Seeker
    Years
    I created this thread to help out anybody having trouble emulating GBA games on their PSP (me included). This way, unsuccessful users can compare notes with those who have succeeded. So, what are your settings for running GBA games on the PSP?

I am currently trying (unsuccessfully) to run PKMN Ruby and Sapphire using gpSP 0.9. I'm running Eloader v 0.9.9 (need the TIFF exploit, umd drive doesn't work) to get to it and my PSP is at 2.60 HEN firmware. Ruby/Sapphire will start fine, but exactly during the into when the drop of dew runs to the end of the leaf (I have seen this sequence many times now), the game crashes.

When HEN is released for ofw 5.03 (delayed due to complications) I'm switching to that first thing. So, what is everybody else running?

Last edited:

timeshero2

EkdIkOs
    Years
    I'm running 3.80 M33-5. Been runnin' it since it came out. It's the best for anything homebrew, including GBA.

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    I play all My roms on psp.

Anyways, What is your firmware? Is it a psp 2000-3001?

I recently got my psp hacked, and luckily it was firmware 3.50 :)

If you need some help, I can try.

Add my msn; [email protected]

timeshero2

EkdIkOs
    Years
    The best PSP to run homebrew on is the 1000. The 2000's motherboard is glitchy, and on the 3000, it's nearly impossible. I'm runnn' on a 1000.

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2009
    latest M-33 with GpSP 1.4 (I think it's an unofficial one, but it runs ok. I mainly use it for mother 3 and leafgreen tbh, with a bit of mario kart.). haven't tried ruby (was more of a leafgreen fan tbh) but everything else is running OK.

Years
    I'm running 5.00M33-6 with the latest GPSP and it just works fine...try getting another GBA Bios...it can fix a lot of erros... oh, and i didn't change any setting in the emulator...it just works :P

Back