• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Seven Deadly Sins

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
  • As we all know, in this world, there exists something that we call "The Seven Deadly Sins." If this were injected into the Pokemon world, which Pokemon would represent each sin the best?

Lust

Seven Deadly Sins

Froslass for me would be the perfect representation for lust. Look at her. She's quite beautiful. Being an ice maiden, her concept certainly has "lust" somewhere deep down. and look how seductive she is.

Pride

Seven Deadly Sins

Having a superior intelligence among Pokemon, Alakazam would represent her. He looks kingly with the beard and such, and with the wisdom. I am sure if ever Alakazam exists, he would take EXCESSIVE PRIDE in his wisdom (and beard)

Gluttony

Seven Deadly Sins

Nuff said.

Anger/ Wrath

Seven Deadly Sins

Look at it! Just look at it! Doesn't he look like pretty angry to you? Like he will cause chaos all over in a single instant?

Greed

Seven Deadly Sins

His love for coins and other shiny things had been emphasized all through out the anime. And that's why he is best for this.

Sloth

Seven Deadly Sins

Imagine this. Your opponent is on red health: one more hit and you win. You have your last Pokemon with you, a Slaking. You ordered it too attack, but it looked at you with those eyes saying: "I attacked last turn. I will rest now. Wake me up next turn."

Nuff said.

Envy

Seven Deadly Sins

A discarded doll that has come back to life. to avenge, because he is envious of the life his owners had. creepy.

what's yours?

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2013
    Wrath, if anything, should be Primeape as it will become angry at the slightest aggravation and not rest until it has dealt with whatever has bothered in a way only Primeape can.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    I'm not sure about both the lust and the pride department. Alakazam would be too smart for pride, or just wouldn't care. They're not a proud Pokemon is what I'm saying. Charizard looks to fit the bill of pride more. They are actually a proud Pokemon and don't take insults too lightly, evidenced in the anime about the Charicific Valley.

I've got nothing for lust. I'm iffy on Froslass because, well, she doesn't look seductive to me. I know they're based on some myth, but definitely not something about trapping travelers in blizzards to... do stuff with them. I can't think of anything else though really.

I thought Tyranitar could also be anger. In the anime, it's depicted as such in a few instances, thought most of the time it's calmed down. Eventually, but that's besides the point. Their PokeDex entry also says something about leveling a mountain or claiming a mountain and having a vicious temperament to defend it and setting off massive earthquakes changing landscapes at the same time. Also, Haxorus are said to be friendly, though territorial. And about Banette, they search for their originals owners but it looks more like they're angry about it more than jealous. Unless they're going to cut up the replacement doll...

As for greed, well Meowth can do well to represent it. Another thing that popped into my mind was Honchkrow. First it looks like a mob boss, and we all know they're greedy and kill people for a few bucks. Okay, not a few bucks but you get the point. In their PokeDex entry, it said that they organize Murkrow to look for food or something. Sounds greedy to me. Ish.

For gluttony and sloth, those two were born for that role. They can be used interchangeably because Snorlax also sleeps after eating. Munchlax could be more suited to gluttony because all it does is eat.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Lust

Froslass for me would be the perfect representation for lust. Look at her. She's quite beautiful. Being an ice maiden, her concept certainly has "lust" somewhere deep down. and look how seductive she is.

I'm not so sure on this one. She has the look of something that might seduce but that's all. I'd like to suggest a rather unconventional choice for this one...

Seven Deadly Sins

Pride

Having a superior intelligence among Pokemon, Alakazam would represent her. He looks kingly with the beard and such, and with the wisdom. I am sure if ever Alakazam exists, he would take EXCESSIVE PRIDE in his wisdom (and beard)

Yeah this one is rather iffy too. I feel like he's smart enough to be above pride. The one I would choose for this would be:

Seven Deadly Sins

Even one of its Pokedex entries says "It walks with all the grace and elegance of a proud queen". It's also known to be haughty and fickle.

Gluttony

Seven Deadly Sins

Nuff said.

Agreed.

Anger/ Wrath

Look at it! Just look at it! Doesn't he look like pretty angry to you? Like he will cause chaos all over in a single instant?

I think Primeape was a good substitute for this, as well as Tyranitar. But tbh there are a ton of angry Pokemon. But the #1 imo would be:

Seven Deadly Sins

Greed

Seven Deadly Sins

His love for coins and other shiny things had been emphasized all through out the anime. And that's why he is best for this.

This one is good imo.

Sloth

Seven Deadly Sins

Imagine this. Your opponent is on red health: one more hit and you win. You have your last Pokemon with you, a Slaking. You ordered it too attack, but it looked at you with those eyes saying: "I attacked last turn. I will rest now. Wake me up next turn."

Also a good one.

Envy

A discarded doll that has come back to life. to avenge, because he is envious of the life his owners had. creepy.

I don't think of Banette as particularly envious of anything, just spiteful. Now real envy, you want Yamask.

Seven Deadly Sins

They envy the humans their lives, as evidenced by the crying when they see their masks.

Whistle A Tune

Keep breathing
    Years
  • Well, for anyone familiar with the Fullmetal Alchemist Series, the 7 deadly sins are embodied in the Humonculi, so I'm basing my choices off of those characters since that's just what comes to mind.

Lust

Lopunny seems fitting. Sleek, feminine...lustful.

Pride

It's got to be something powerful but not too intelligent...don't shoot me, but I'm thinknig Gryffindor. Lion-ish mons. Perhaps a Luxray or an Arcanine would be most fitting.

Gluttony

I agree with you, definitely a member of the 'Lax family.

Wrath

My first though was Tauros, probably because he has Anger Point xD But I think Gyarados also fits the bill, as does Primeape. I like Primeape the best because, in FMA, Wrath is a child, not a bull or serpent :3

Greed

Also agree with Meowth for this one as the anime has excellently portrayed it as a greedy Mon.

Sloth

Slaking is perfect.

Envy

Perhaps Ditto? It morphs take the shape of anything but itself, which agrees with my vision of/ FMA's Greed. Or possibly Rotom as it too embodies machines to wreak mischief.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • Lust

As far as Lust goes I'm going to agree with the Ditto fans on this one.

Pride

This one is purely based on the anime but I think Ash's Charizard deserves this spot.

Gluttony

No arguments here.

Wrath

I'm going with Metagross here since I've never seen it smile and it always has those angry eyes. It's signature attack is also called Meteor Mash.

Greed

I can't really think of any Pokemon that could be considered greedy so I'll just go with Meowth like everyone else.

Sloth

Slaking and Slakoth, they were purely designed to represent a sloth(both figuratively and literally).

Envy

Envy has got to be Mewtwo the way he's obsessed about not being a real Pokemon and how he had to make clones of other Pokemon so he would fit in somewhere.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    I'm going with Metagross here since I've never seen it smile and it always has those angry eyes.

Watch Destiny Deoxys. There's a small scene where Metagross does smile.

Lust

...Yea, I got nothing.

Pride

Still nothing...

Gluttony

No argument.

Wrath

Either Hydreigon or Gyarados, obviously.

Greed

Either Meowth o Murkrow, they both do the same.

Sloth

Slaking, definitely.

Envy

Got nothing...

The Void

hiiiii
    Years
  • This is interesting...

Lust

Too obvious. It's this guy.

Seven Deadly Sins

Pride

Only guy the PokeDex identifies as 'proud.'

Seven Deadly Sins

Gluttony

Obviously these two...

Seven Deadly Sins

Seven Deadly Sins

Wrath

"The Atrocious Pokemon"?

Seven Deadly Sins

Greed

They're like corrupt politicians. They're addicted to money and shiny stuff, lol.

Seven Deadly Sins

Seven Deadly Sins

Sloth

The Slack Sloth and the King of Slack. Wow. Their names says it all.

Seven Deadly Sins

Slaking does look a bit annoying doesn't he?

Seven Deadly Sins

Envy

According to the PokeDex, Shupppet feeds on other people's envy and malicious thoughts. It loves envy. No wonder it's shiny form is green. Green as envy :P

Seven Deadly Sins

And here's its "green as envy" shiny form. lol.

Seven Deadly Sins

Last edited:
    Back