• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Sevi Isles

M4

Freedom of teh speech!!!!!!!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2013
    Kinda hoped that you could go there on HG/SS. It's 3 years after FireRed and you still can't go there wtf.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    They were not in the original GSC so they couldn't be in these besides they may not have had enough room for them.

M4

Freedom of teh speech!!!!!!!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2013
    They were not in the original GSC so they couldn't be in these besides they may not have had enough room for them.

They weren't in Gen One and yet they were in FireRed?

But it probably file size..

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    I was really hoping for these as well.
    I actually wanted an added area just for HG/SS, a place to continue the story.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    HG/SS is mainly based of of G/S/C. And they didn't have the Sevii islands there so it wouldn't be in HG/SS.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 9, 2013
    HG/SS is mainly based of of G/S/C. And they didn't have the Sevii islands there so it wouldn't be in HG/SS.

But you are forgetting the fact that the sevii islands were not in the orginal red and blue yet they were in the remakes, and add the fact that HGSS are sequels to FRLG just like how GSC are sequels to RGBY. So really your reasoning for them not being there, is not really valid. The only two valid arguments are that, they forgot or there was not enough room on the game card.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    the main reason the Sevi Isles were put in Fr/LG is because they wanted to have a place where Johto pokemon could be caught due to R/S/E's lack of many Johto pokemon and no easy way to complete the Nat Dex

also there would be no real point in having the Isles in HG/SS other than just another place to run around aimlessly

PalkiaSpace

Panda Hugger <(^_^)>
    Years
    the main reason the Sevi Isles were put in Fr/LG is because they wanted to have a place where Johto pokemon could be caught due to R/S/E's lack of many Johto pokemon and no easy way to complete the Nat Dex

also there would be no real point in having the Isles in HG/SS other than just another place to run around aimlessly

Youre right, but the Iles in HGSS could have been put in to have a place where Hoenn pokemon can be found, seeing as Nintendo is trying to rely less on those old cartidges, and the inclusion of the weather trio in HGSS. So you could of gotton more hoenn-nites. xD

But then again, i dont know how much more memory the games have/had left, so It may not of worked out.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    I think that just maybe since there has been no real place to catch the Hoenns in abundance it kind of points to a possible R/S/E remakes

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    Youre right, but the Iles in HGSS could have been put in to have a place where Hoenn pokemon can be found, seeing as Nintendo is trying to rely less on those old cartidges, and the inclusion of the weather trio in HGSS. So you could of gotton more hoenn-nites. xD

But then again, i dont know how much more memory the games have/had left, so It may not of worked out.

You can get Hoenn Pokemon but it's only on certain days and you need to turn your radio onto the Hoenn Sound channel to make them appear.

Setosama

LegendaryPokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2010
    They probably did not have enough room for them...

But in all honesty... There was not much else to do at those islands which were NOT done in FRLG. And the SS Ship is there blocking the port so you can't well go on the ship to the islands now could you?

Either way, those stupid biker dudes went there to cause a ruckus in FRLG because "it was boring" on those islands and Red takes them down... So why would you WANT to go there? lol

Besides, they moved everything important there so somewhere else in HGSS.

And before you say Deoxys, Birth Island is NOT technically part of these islands. Nor is NAVAL ROCK. Hence why they ARE NOT labeled 8 and 9 Isle.

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
    Years
    • Age 32
    • They/Them
    • UK
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    The issue of ROM space may have been an issue in the Gameboy era (ion fact that was the reason why most of Kanto was closed off in the original G/S/C), but DS cards have significantly larger memory capacity and much better space-saving techniques, so I don't think it was down to lack of space. The Sevii islands were only added probably for two reasons:

• The game would have been very short.
    • It was very difficult to complete the National Pokédex without them because of the lack of Gen II Pokémon.

Since Kanto is an add-on region in the games anyway, it doesn't seem logical to add a further add-on region to that add-on region.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Exactly.

I agree with the above.

While I love them, the Sevii Isles are a bit of a drag once you've done the quest there, as it is.

No need, we have 2 regions as it is.

Also, how can you explain the massive change from Johto to Hoenn pokemon, whoever suggested that?

With Kanto, it's not very obvious, but it'd be more obvious to just have Hoenn pokemon in a formerly Kanto/Johto-mon populated area

SgtPatches

i has a beard
    Years
    The Sevii Islands were added to FR/LG for numerous reasons.

1) Gen II Pokemon: The Pokemon from Generation II were split among the five Generation III games, with various Pokemon located on the Sevii Islands.
    2) To prevent getting Gen II and Gen III Pokemon to FR/LG before the acquisition of the National Pokedex. This is why the Breeding Day-Care is located only after the defeat of the Elite Four, and why you can only trade among each game after the Ruby and Sapphire quests.

Since things became much more advanced in Generation IV, advents such as the Pokeradar, Swarms, and changes to various aspects of the game allowed for Hoenn, Kanto, and Johto Pokemon to be acquired more easily. HG/SS borrowed this aspect from D/P/Pt, allowing Hoenn and Sinnoh Pokemon to be wild once you receive the National Dex.

As for the question about why Pokemon not native to Kanto can be found within Kanto, the answer could be the same reason why the Pokemon Mansion starts to receive non-native Pokemon in Sinnoh post-Nat'l Pokedex.

Back