• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Sevii Islands

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    The sevii isles are pretty cool. I like going there when I reach it and killing Moltres. I also like the little extra missions after the E4.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Sevii Islands were a great addition, and gave me a good reason to play these remakes. Back when I still had FireRed, I would always visit these places to see if I could discover any secrets and whatnot. xD" Unfortunately, though, there weren't any.

Years
  • I spent a lot of my time in the last island using the VS Seeker to train my Pokemon and overall exploring these places altogether. That was one of my highs in Pokemon gaming since I was just so obsessed and couldn't put the darn game down so I very much approve of the Sevii Islands - great time sinker.

But I'm the same as Peitharchia, too! I was a kid and always assumed I passed by a secret or two when exploring. Sadly that was not the case and there wasn't anything else to find.

TheKantoKid

Let's go, Pikachu!
    Years
  • I wouldn't mind seeing the Sevii Islands make a comeback. They were a great place to explore and really pretend that you were a trainer in the wonderful world of pokemon.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • I really did enjoy the Sevii Islands and the extra gameplay. Also, since all of the Gen2 and Gen3 only appeared on Isalnd 4 and up, i spent a lot of time there trying to capture as many of them as possible!

Years
  • I guess for me the islands, are still this one little percent, why I always want to play FR/LF again. The islands are great. You can find soooo many Pokemon and spend so much time there. Sadly that there aren't any hidden treasures :( , but maybe the next time, if we get a rerun of Kano, they will improve the islands as well, and give us more reason to stay even longer on the islands.

Years
  • I'll be quite honest- I was always disappointed that we got the Sevii Islands instead of the Orange Islands in FR/LG. Sure, I knew that they were an anime exclusive location, but there seemed to be so much more to do and see in the Orange Islands.

Apart from that though, they were a nice addition, and Four-Seven Island gave us something to do once we managed to beat the Elite Four. I did enjoy both the Tanoby Ruins and the Sevault Canyon, and the latter was great for training your Pokemon- especially next to the house where you could do a Chansey Dance to regain your Pokemon's health.

Aelidru

Forebearer of Disasters
    Years
  • I really enjoyed the concept of there being Islands for a change, as opposed to Cities and Towns and spent like a majourity of my time on the Sixth Island.

I sort of wished we could have a Pokemon game, that begins or in some way incorporated islands more into the storyline. The idea of surfing/flying from place to place seems a little more fun (atleast to me).

Years
  • Because at my town many guys thought of stupid stories and told me that if i collect all the unowns i could catch lugia at the 5th island...

Splash

But nothing happened.
    Years
  • The islands actually surprised me, and I actually thought that it was the counterpart of Orange Islands for a few minutes although ultimately it wasn't.. The perverted Hypno really disturbed me though..

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
    Years
  • To be honest, the Sevii Islands were decent. Nothing too remarkably special about them, though a good effort to throw some postgame into the Kanto games. The concept was pretty cool, but after many of us played Gen 2, we expected about the same amount of things to do after the E4.

Would I like it to be brought back? Sure. The Islands have a lot of potential, and a future game would make them much more entertaining.

The Islands, and FRLG in general, are middle-of-the-pack. No complaints, but I'd still rather play something else.

Back