• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sexuality

Frazzevous

Impulsive lil' kitty
Years
I'm a bisexual female, though I do get more attracted to those of the same sex.

And AngelicSpirit, it'll be all right. At least she knows; she'll understand and accept it sooner or later. Good luck! :)

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
Straight male. Never had any gay issues.
I don't know if I want a relationship, but I've experienced it before!

Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2015
Pfft I don't need humans I HAZ VIDEO GAMES... Yeah if I didn't have it get permission to go on Disney.com I might be more reliable. Personally I see no difference if you date someone the opposite, or same gende. Love is love, I see no need to argue over that.

Charcoal92

Banned
Years
Straight. I don't hate gay people or anyone like that. I had friends that were all kinds. Now to me it's a work in progress. Haha

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Gay. Unfortunately my mother lacks to understand it and thinks it's in my head.

Every day is an uphill battle... O.o

I know exactly how you feel but with religion instead of sexuality.

Hmm I don't even know what I am, I got a 3 on the Kinsey Scale but its probably not valid because of my age. Also if I were to tell anyone I have never been attracted to someone of the same gender I would be a liar.

Years
@ Dark Sneasel

At your age, it is not so important to know what you are. Take your time and try different things out. There's no reason to rush things. For some people, it takes years to figure out their real sexuality. For others, it may not take that long. Also, for some people, sexuality is fluid which means that it can change over time. Especially when you've only hit puberty, it could change. But if you feel attracted to both genders now, then that's completely fine.

Don't force a label on yourself that you're not 100% sure about. And don't worry about telling others about it. This is only about you so if you feel uncomfortable telling somebody about it, then simply don't. You will know when the time is right to tell others :)

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
I'm more bi-curious. Like, I'm sort of curious of the same sex, rather than being attracted to them... if that makes sense? However, I do identify myself as being straight. I have no problem with homosexuality either.

braixen

the supreme meme
Years
i'm pansexual; i'm more attracted to a person's personality than their appearance; i could fall in love with someone without even seeing their face. i'm somewhat more picky about men than women, though.

LoudSilence

more like uncommon sense
Years
  • Age 35
  • US
  • Seen Aug 7, 2016
Honest question, why do all these labels seem to be such a thing with the younger "tumblr" generation? I don't see too many older people giving themselves 3+ word titles like 'aromantic pansexual bicurious lesbo gay fluid queer" (pretty sure some of those contradict but whatever).

I have absolutely no problem at all with anyone of any orientation but it's just puzzling to see people complicate it so much when you can just say "I like this or that or both"?

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Honest question, why do all these labels seem to be such a thing with the younger "tumblr" generation? I don't see too many older people giving themselves 3+ word titles like 'aromantic pansexual bicurious lesbo gay fluid queer" (pretty sure some of those contradict but whatever).

I have absolutely no problem at all with anyone of any orientation but it's just puzzling to see people complicate it so much when you can just say "I like this or that or both"?

The SithPeople like dealing in absolutes. Using labels is the best way to concisely (not always accurately) describe someone's sexuality. Whether it be trying to explain to someone else who may not fully comprehend a person's sexuality that goes beyond a couple words, or perhaps whether a person is trying to place a limit on their own sexuality, labels are useful, but I agree with you, and do think they are relatively pointless in the grand scheme of things.

As to why the younger generation is getting into it, I'm not sure. My guess would be it has to do with the larger prevalence of the LGBT issue in more recent years, but then again, I don't know what the situation was like in past decades.

Karinmo

☜(ˆ▽ˆ)
Years

Well, people have such diffrent combinations of sexuality, they are confused on what they call themselves, which IS dissapointing they worry about labels, but then again is justified by the uniqeness of everyones sexual liking/situation.
I myself have had dreams on guys, because hell, some guys can be very hot/handsome.
Still, I am attracted to women more than men by a longshor, doesnt mean I may have some romantic liking twoards a man.
Its complicated, and we need to all accept the diversity of the situation, even those who dissagree with labels.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 6, 2017
I'm bi-sexual, but have never dated a girl and am currently engaged to a guy. Perhaps because I've never really been with one, I'm very intrigued by females and thoughts of flirting with them. My fiance is actually perfectly okay with me dating around - we actually both had a mutual gf over the internet once, but there wasn't anything physical there really - but I'm really short and slight and have huge confidence issues that mostly prevent me from trying.

Also finding a girl who wants to be romanced when you're already engaged presents its own issues. x3 All in all I'm mostly content, but sometimes end up pining to try the other side. Girls are intimidating. :I

I can't say for sure, but I think I'd have a preference for post-hrt, pre-op transgendered girls. Not because I have a preference for "dudes" - I know they aren't dudes - but more because I have a preference for that type of lower body (post-hrt because I like melons, heh)? That might just be familiarity talking though.

I've also noticed I pay a lot more attention to a girl's appearance than a guy's when considering them in terms of whether I'd date them. Like, I have a tendency to be more shallow with females though I wouldn't not date someone nice just because they didn't meet them. I'm also highly interested in romance and the concept of romancing strangers.

Back