• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Legends: Arceus] SHADOW POKÉMON!?!?

Prelawpikachu

Item # 173, "The Sculpture"
Years
  • So everyone is talking about these new insane Pokemon recently revealed. But I have a theory. It's a stretch, but I'm gonna share it.
    So I think the Pokemon are shadow Pokemon or something in between. "BUT THAT'S NOW HOW IT WORKS! SHADOW POKÉMON ARE POKÉMON MISTREATED BY HUMANS AND TURNED EVIL BY THEM STUPID!" Aha. I know. But remember when marshadow turned all those Pokemon evil in I choose you? Seems kinda shadow-y to me. So now we know that Pokemon can become shadows by a Pokemon's energy as well as humans. And many think ARKOOS will be the villain (Because, DUH) and since in-universe, ARKOOS is probably a much stronger Pokemon than marshadow, so I think it's safe to say that it can do it too.
    This theory is obviously 100% wrong, but I just thought this up and thought it would be a good idea to share it.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Did they explain why there are those scary angry pokémon in the wild? idr

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Did they explain why there are those scary angry pokémon in the wild? idr
    That's probably going to be a main plot point for the game, finding out why those Pokemon are like that

Prelawpikachu

Years
  • It's likely going to be a plot point as said above. I do not see these being shadow Pokémon at all either.
    i dont either, i just made this as a joke because they lool exactly the same.
    i also said it was 100% wrong anyway. sorry for the confusion.
    you can ban me if you want.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    It's perfectly fine to make light-hearted threads, don't worry ;) As long as you're not being obnoxious or trolling with bad intent.

I'm curious to see what Arceus has to do with these angered pokémon, personally.

Years
  • i dont either, i just made this as a joke because they lool exactly the same.
    i also said it was 100% wrong anyway. sorry for the confusion.
    you can ban me if you want.

I can see why you think it can be connected OR BE shadow Pokemon though. It reminds me a bit of it, but maybe different. I think these mons maybe stronger too and not just irritated and attacking the trainer.

Prelawpikachu

Years
  • I can see why you think it can be connected OR BE shadow Pokemon though. It reminds me a bit of it, but maybe different. I think these mons maybe stronger too and not just irritated and attacking the trainer.

Well in go shadow pokeys are stronger
    Pro tip: never purify shadow mewtwo

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen yesterday
    "BUT THAT'S NOW HOW IT WORKS! SHADOW POKÉMON ARE POKÉMON MISTREATED BY HUMANS AND TURNED EVIL BY THEM STUPID!"
    this is not fully accurate, shadow pokemon are pokemon whose hearts have been closed off.
    cipher also had to use some type of technology to make shadow pokemon, meaning that just abuse is not enough to turn them; especially given mewtwos existence as the only version of mewtwo to turn into a shadow pokemon assimilated a shadow synergy crystal and the canon of that is more iffy than the ore games
    lets list some other similarities between shadow pokemon to the ones in the trailer...
    shadow pokemon take on a dark aura and red eyes, but said aura & eye change cannot be seen without either having some level of aura abilities or specialized equipment so most people can't actually see a shadow pokemon as being different from a regular pokemon without carefully watching its behavior, so in a time before humans and pokemon living together became more commonplace it would be near impossible for common people to differentiate wild shadow pokemon from regular pokemon.
    shadow pokemon are also stronger than regular pokemon and are highly likely to attack humans. hell, the first shadow pokemon wes encountered attacked him while rui was dialoguing knocking him back a bit
    ultimately, even if their not shadow pokemon their either going to be most likely related, extremely similar or a rose by any other name(like the pokemon caught in dark balls in the 4th movie, which are pretty much shadow pokemon and most likely the basis for them)

It's likely going to be a plot point as said above. I do not see these being shadow Pokémon at all either.
    after the ultra beasts turned out to be more pokemon rather than a new type of being and the relatively recent use of shadow pokemon in go & pokken, best not to rule them out.
    especially with the current lack of info

Years
  • after the ultra beasts turned out to be more pokemon rather than a new type of being and the relatively recent use of shadow pokemon in go & pokken, best not to rule them out. especially with the current lack of info
    I admit I never played Ultra Sun/Moon, so didn't know this about the Ultra Beasts. I'm very surprised Go even brought back shadow Pokemon at all. I figured Gale of Darkness was dead to Nintendo.

Prelawpikachu

Years
  • this is not fully accurate, shadow pokemon are pokemon whose hearts have been closed off.
    cipher also had to use some type of technology to make shadow pokemon, meaning that just abuse is not enough to turn them; especially given mewtwos existence as the only version of mewtwo to turn into a shadow pokemon assimilated a shadow synergy crystal and the canon of that is more iffy than the ore games
    lets list some other similarities between shadow pokemon to the ones in the trailer...
    shadow pokemon take on a dark aura and red eyes, but said aura & eye change cannot be seen without either having some level of aura abilities or specialized equipment so most people can't actually see a shadow pokemon as being different from a regular pokemon without carefully watching its behavior, so in a time before humans and pokemon living together became more commonplace it would be near impossible for common people to differentiate wild shadow pokemon from regular pokemon.
    shadow pokemon are also stronger than regular pokemon and are highly likely to attack humans. hell, the first shadow pokemon wes encountered attacked him while rui was dialoguing knocking him back a bit
    ultimately, even if their not shadow pokemon their either going to be most likely related, extremely similar or a rose by any other name(like the pokemon caught in dark balls in the 4th movie, which are pretty much shadow pokemon and most likely the basis for them)

after the ultra beasts turned out to be more pokemon rather than a new type of being and the relatively recent use of shadow pokemon in go & pokken, best not to rule them out.
    especially with the current lack of info
    yes i know that but thats just the way too simple explanation for it
    they probably just put em in a "anti-heart o-tron" or something like that lol
    btw i said this was a joke anyway above

edfrick

Pilot of EVA-00
    Years
    • Age 22
    • they/them
    • Seen Feb 17, 2024
    Somewhat unrelated, but I think it's funny seeing all the theories for why some of the Pokémon are acting the way they do, but I just saw it as "wild animals are just insane"

Years
  • Somewhat unrelated, but I think it's funny seeing all the theories for why some of the Pokémon are acting the way they do, but I just saw it as "wild animals are just insane"
    Pokemon with rabies basically, hahaha. I also know this was a joke post but I do think this has been confirmed as false as far as I'm aware.

Back