• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ShadowSpread (OOC Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solyss

✖Come At Me, Bro✖
Years
  • .:ShadowSpread:.

Plot
    It's been several years since the events of Diamond and Pearl. Team Galactic seemed to have disappeared, leaving the world of Pokemon at ease…. But really, they had only retreated to regroup, and strike back even harder than before. This time they have a new plan.
    Putting plans of using Dialga and Palkia aside, Galactica has its gaze set on a new, more dangerous and mysterious Pokemon, Darkrai. After several years of searching for this beast of shadows, they had finally captured it, imprisoning it and leeching its powers, attempting to control them and use its power to take over the world.
    Terrible tests and harmful experiments were done on Darkrai, causing it to grow an intense hatred toward them, and eventually, a hatred for all mankind. Each experiment only fueled its rage, until finally… it had enough.

In a sudden rise of power, fueled by a burning hate, Darkrai destroyed the lab in which it was held, killing those who had harmed it. But it's rage went far beyond that. Now Darkrai wanted revenge on the entire species of humans. It wishes to rid the world of them, and any pokemon that would stand in its way. It would create a new world, by engulfing this one in shadows, making a world of its own, for it to rule as it sees fit.

And thus the spread began.
    From the lab in which it was imprisoned, a large black tower has been formed in its place, and from this tower, a large black dome is beginning to spread slowly throughout the world, morphing everything it touches into darkness, creating the Shadow World. Towns are corrupted with the Shadow, humans are being disgustingly morphed into mindless creatures under the will of Darkrai, invading the normal world, or the Light World, and raiding towns and villages, killing and kidnapping both human and pokemon alike.

Rules
    •Please plan on staying active
    •Put some thought into your character, try to make them as unique as possible. Mary Sues and whatnot will be shot.
    •PLEASE no God-modding. Please.
    •Darkrai is able to influence the mind and action of your character slightly, sometimes making them do things or attack people they don't want to. Have fun with that idea.
    •Pokemon from all generations are available, even thought this is taking place in Sinnoh.
    •Make your pokemon's power realistic. We're not going to be using the level system, but they can still learn new moves and stuff like that. PLEASE don't make your pokemon too strong to begin with.
    •If you have an idea for something to happen next, ask me about it, and if we agree on it, we'll do it. Don't be shy to throw out your ideas, I don't have any particular line of events planned, I'm just going to let stuff happen.
    •Romance between characters is allowed, as long as you both agree on it

Gameplay
    You'll be playing as a Dark type pokemon who is against Darkrai's plans of world domination, and being the only ones who can withstand it's dark powers, you set off to put and end to the Spread. This means that you can travel within the Shadow World without being harmed, but this also means that there is a part of you that wants to obey Darkrai. You team up with other Dark Pokemon and plan to invade the Shadow World and make work your way to the Dark Tower in the center, and take down Darkrai.

Character Sheet

Name:

Species: (You have to be a Dark type Pokemon from the list I provide below)

Appearance: (give your pokemon something unique in the way they look. Feel free to use images)

History: (This doesn't need to be too involved, since we ARE dealing with Pokemon characters. Make it as detailed as you want. Of course, the more detail the better.)

Personality:

RP Sample: (THIS IS NECESSARY. If you fail to provide a sample, your sign up will not even be looked at, and immediately declined.)

Character List
    After these pokemon are taken, I will not take anymore sign ups.

•Absol
    •Umbreon
    •Houndour/Houndoom (whichever you want)
    •Mightyena
    •Sabeleye
    •Weavile

Okay okay!
    You gots ideas? Put em here.
    It occurred to me a moment ago that this is a lot like Twilight Princess, if any of you have played that. o_O Which is weird, I didn't even intend on making it similar.

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2009
    Hope it doesn't bother you to get someone on their first post.

Name:
    Mekkar

Species: Sableye

Appearance: Different from a regular Sableye by curved ears and one red eye-gem.

View attachment 47575

History: Mekkar was born in (and never purposely left) Eterna Forest. He played tricks on travelers and their pokemon, and basically just tried to enjoy life.

Personality: A mischievous little pokemon, Mekkar loves to play tricks on people.

RP Sample: A light scratching is the only sound in the glade, the sound of Mekkar's feet as they whip back and forth propelling him forward. The pokemon sprints through the forest.

Will I make it in time? It's almost too late! I gotta make it!

He skids to a halt and slides into a bush at the side of a path, peers carefully out, there she was, a trainer with a tiny Sentret on her shoulder. He turns around and scurries up a nearby tree, his claws digging neatly into its rough bark. Up to the top of the tree, then out onto a branch hanging over the path, Mekkar sits and waits for the right moment. They're right where I want them! I've got them for sure!

The trainer and her pokemon close the gap to the tree, and the Sableye makes his move. With practiced grace, he swings himself down under the branch, hanging by his knees. The move itself was swift enough to cause the girl to jump, but Mekkar's shout caused the scream he found so satisfying. Bleeeaaargh! EEEEEEEEeeeeeeiik!!

The trainer takes off down the path, her frightened Sentret hanging on to the hood of her coat for dear life. Mekkar drops to the ground and starts rolling around, cackling with laughter. Or at least, he thought he was. But he was running again. He could feel his feet pounding down the dirt path, but it was a withdrawn feeling, as if his mind was far away from his body. Through his diamond eyes, he spots the trainer up ahead. Ah, that makes sense, I'm going to scare her again.

Mekkar ran up right behind her to pounce and shout a second time, but his legs carried him too far, and he dove right into the girl's back. He heard an unearthly evil snarl, and was knocked powerfully away from the girl. He jumped to his feet, anger rushing though him. No one attacks me! He felt himself shaking and wanted to pounce on the Sentret and tear it to pieces.

Wait, what?

The girl had caught his attention again, she was crying and holding her arms above the elbow, and Mekkar could see blood in seeping through the gaps in her fingers. When did that happen, he thought. And before he could think his next though, he pounced on the Sentret. And on his outstretched fingers, saw gobs of red for the instant before, they buried themselves deep into the raccoon pokemon's body. He pulled his fingers out in shock, and heard the evil snarl again. Belatedly, he realized it had issued from his own mouth.

The shock of these realizations knocked the Sableye onto his seat. And there he stayed, staring at his hands. On the edge of his conciousness, he felt the burning anger with the human and her pokemon disappear from his mind with a disgusted twinge. He saw the girl pull herself to her feet, and wrap the Sentret in her arms gingerly. She eyed Mekkar warily and hurried away.

As soon as she was gone, three Misdreavus shifted into view, having been watching invisibly. "Mekkar, what did you do?" the first asked, with an accusitory tone.

"I can't believe you would be so barbaric," the next added, "What an awful thing to do, hurting a human like that. And just an innocent little girl too."

"I always knew you were odd, working so hard to scare people like that. But I never expected this from you."

It continued like that for some time, Mekkar not even listening. He sat, busy thinking to himself. I've become a monster. I can't control myself. What will I do? Am I going to keep attacking people so brutally? If I am, I can't stay here. I have to find a place to hide myself. I'll never see anyone again. He looked around at the familiar trees. This story is going to get around, I can't live where everyone knows I'm a monster.

The Sableye lifts himself to his feet, and shoves past the Misdreavus's, ignoring their indignant shouts that he must come back and account for himself.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back