• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Shaking Grass

JRoe

Grass Type Lover
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2011
    Can the double-grass shake?

Yeah, I've had double grass shake before; got an Audino and a Sawk in White.

Also encountered the Red Striped Basculin many a times in the water spots.

My greatest find, to date, though has to be a Lv 56 Kingdra. I used super rod in one of the spots on Route 17... and Bam! It didn't actually hit me until afterwards that Kingdra was the final form... I got it confused with Seadra at first...

luciachan

PokeSpe Fangirl
    Years
    I mostly find Audino's, which is fine...but today!

I was training a Drilbur I just caught in the route before Lacrene town, and I entered a shaking patch with a...Shiny Audino!

Cue incoherent screams...my family must think I am crazy.

Dark knight17

Training pokes etc
    Years
    Woo! Found a level 50 Gliscor in a shaking patch! And yesterday I caught a level 50 Sawk. But I'm still happy with the Excadrill I caught with an adamant nature. At least I'm starting to see more variety from the shaking patches. :)

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
    At this point I'm more keen on looking for Audino in those patches of grass than anything else because of the high EXP yield. But just maybe after beating the first part of the game I would be more focused on catching things. C:

But I did catch two Drillbur from the swirling dust. One is an Excadrill for my main team, and the other is a HM slave.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Yeah this is one of my training methods, I love it (I do wish they we're more common though and that you could have a shaking grass aswell as a water spot as I don't have Surf yet) but Yeah, I was in Pinwheel Forest and I was training and I went in the Shaking Grass spot expecting Audino and I encounted a Panpour and I too was like Wtf.. but I caught it.. obviously :)!

Rawrinism

Shandera'd
    Years
    I find tons of swirling sand.
    But the bubbles in the water are mostly Alomolas. I've caught around 10 of them. :D
    Right now I just found a Emolga in route 10 after I've encountered Thornerus. I think thats it's name.

I find tons of swirling sand.
    But the bubbles in the water are mostly Alomolas. I've caught around 10 of them. :D
    Right now I just found a Emolga in route 10 after I've encountered Thornerus. I think thats it's name.

Last edited:
    Years
    Its kinda sad that ive been usin Audinos for my grind... then i wanted to lvl an Emolga, but the shaking grass was only giving me more Emolgas, prolly because of its Static ability T,T

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    I found one shaking grass patch in the entire game, and I ended up in another random encounter before I could reach it. By time it was over, the shaking grass was gone.

But I have seen and caught audino at random without being in a shaking grass patch so they can't be exclusive to them.

Giraffe

キリンリキ
    Years
    I mainly run up and down routes, waiting for some shaking grass so I can gain lots of EXP via beating a Audino.
    I did find a Pansage in it in Pinwheel forest, but I'm not entirely fond of the monkeys.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Question: What's the best way to shaking grass grind? I'm just before the first Elite Four and a good 10 or so levels below where I want to be to defeat them. Should I just run up and down Route 10 looking for shaking grass, or that small area in badge check? Or is there a faster way to do it?

o3o

Years
    I run up and down up the side of the grass, and after around half a minute, a shaking patch usually appears. I've found quite a few monkeys, mostly Pansage, though I'm not too fond of them. I found Emolga & Whimsicott in the shaking patches, though.

pokehearts

I like trains.
    Years
    The champion fights you with a lv.54 Hydreigon when hes only available lv.64+
    Not to get off topic or anything, but ghetsis is not the champion. You can only fight the champion in the post game, Alder. Anyway I also had a random encounter with an audino, I caught it and named it tabunne.

Back