• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shaman King

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
    Years
    I just finished re-reading ALL of the Shaman King manga, and I'm [currently] watching the episodes of the anime that I missed while they were still running in Fox Kids (I think).

Anyways, I just wanted to see what people here in PC think of Shaman King, because in my opinion... it's freakin' awesome! :pirate:

What do you guys think?

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Manga discussion belongs in Japanese Entertainment. Other Entertainment strictly houses discussion of movies, music, sports and books, so it will be moved there.

A redirect will be available.

AtomicoExploda

I don't know.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2013
    Oh yeah, I remember this! I used to watch it all of the time when Fox Kids was still there and before they gave it away and named it Jetix instead, Fox Kids was better in my opinion.
    Anyway, yeah, Shaman King was awesome and I think it was the first anime that I watched, but maybe not.

Toddler Naruto

Playful Explorer
    Years
    I saw the anime first (english dubbed) on Fox Kids (Fox Box), and watched it in order from the very beginning to the episode before the last episode (I overslept and missed the final episode).

As for the manga, I started reading that around Summer or Fall 2008 or later, and have currently read volumes 1-18 in order (Chapters 1-161).

I started re-watching the anime a couple of months ago, but put it on-hold around episode 10 or 11 (can't remember why I did).

I'll get back to re-watching the rest of it eventually, after I have cleared up enough space on my external hard drive to direct download the rest of the episodes (I only direct download the 200 MB English Dub AVI TV Rips)

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    I love Shaman King! =D I'm currently on episode 46 (or was it 50?) and I haven't read the manga yet.

My favorite characters are Manta (#1!), Yo, Faust, Hao, Ryu, Horohoro, Chocolove, Ren, Jun, Pailong, Milly, Sally, Anna, Tamao, Amidamaru, Mosuke, and probably more that I'm forgetting. . >.>

Ariolander

MangaTraders.com Staff
    Years
    How was the manga? I remember marathoning all 51 episodes in like 1 night when my friend got the box set.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    I have seen all of the episodes, loved them. I have all of the manga on my computer I just haven't gotten round to reading them yet, I really should.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    EDIT:

Well, I've only read volume 1 of the manga, but it's pretty good so far. It's different in a lot of parts and Manta isn't completely ghost-obsessed like he was in the anime.

AtomicoExploda

I don't know.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2013
    Hmm, I watched this years ago so I forgot a good few things, but i've been watching the episodes again, and now I remember a lot. I didn't read any of the manga, but I might sometime. It's really good in my opinion and there is lots to like.

My favourite person in it, or character... was and is, Amidamaru, Yoh's gaurdian... he is very smart, they are very powerful together. If I couldn't pick a gaurdian, then I would pick Yoh, he is a great character, he is very laid back, and that is the funny thing about him. lol Hmm, I don't like Lenny anyway, no big reason, just don't. lol

Well, it's very good, and I will probably make another post here when I am finished watching all of the episodes of Shaman King. Once again. I'll probably have lots more to say then...

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Oh that's right. Their dubs confuse me sometimes so I see it as "that bad show going to Sci-Fi".

I have Volume 6 of the manga and that's it. The animé isn't that appealing though.

Last edited:

Arctus Tibal

Beyond - Freedom
    Years
    I didn't manage to see much of shaman king but I thought what I saw was pretty good. But I don't think its an amazing anime :P just good :D

Toddler Naruto

Playful Explorer
    Years
    1.) Oh that's right. Their dubs confuse me sometimes so I see it as "that bad show going to Sci-Fi".

2.) I have Volume 6 of the manga and that's it. The anime isn't that appealing though.

1.) I actually love the english dub of Shaman King.

By the way, Sci-Fi will not be using the english dub of Rave Master that aired on Cartoon network/Toonami.

It will be an entirely new english dub, and most likely will be uncut, unedited, and uncensored :D.

2.) Volume 6 of what manga? And what anime are you referring to?

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    1.) I actually love the english dub of Shaman King.

By the way, Sci-Fi will not be using the english dub of Rave Master that aired on Cartoon network/Toonami.

It will be an entirely new english dub, and most likely will be uncut, unedited, and uncensored :D.

2.) Volume 6 of what manga? And what anime are you referring to?

1)That's a relief then.

2)Shaman King.

Back