• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Share a memory!

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
    My fondest memory of pokemon is probably the story of how i met one of my best friends. At that time i didnt have a Pokemon game yet, and some kid was at the playground playing Pokemon Yellow. Some kids gathered around to watch, me included, as he played and tried to beat the first gym. After a while he had to go or something, and as he left i realized he had lost the battery cover for his gameboy, so i picked it up, ran and gave it back to him. We kinda became friends, and after i got my own game for my birthday, i proudly took it with me to the playground, and we started to play the games together and traded and all that. We are still friends to this day, although he is not into Pokemon anymore (:

Fernbutter

Murder is the way.
    Years
    Oh OH! This one time while I was randomly playing Pokemon in the bus on my way home from school, this kid sits beside me doesn't say a word, and just links our gameboys, a few minutes later we just end up battling until I reached my stop and had to get off. That person became one of my closest friends. Eventually we started playing with the pokemon cards, collecting them, battling again. It was amazing.

*sigh* I just hope he's in a better place. RIP ;-; oh god

stp

ShootThePuck
    Years
    I started over FireRed and found a shiny Caterpie in Viridian Forest. I literally flipped out.

"ANOTHER CATER-... OH MY GOD!!!!!!"

I was like 8-10, it was pretty darn cool to me at the time.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
    I've got quite a few memories...

My earliest memory would be of collecting all the cards and whatnot. Been collecting them since they first came out, my first ever was a Dragonair card from the Base Set. Ever since then, I just got more and more. x3

I remember when the first Mystery Dungeon games came out, I wanted it for.. I wanna say my 12th birthday? But my dad mixed up what I wanted and ended up getting me Sapphire instead. Oh well, I played it anyway.

Then I got Pearl a few months later after my friends online insisted on it. XD
    After that, all through Middle School and the first half of High School, I'd be trading a ton of Pokemon with my friends on the schoolbus, much to the annoyance of my bus driver. XD

I remember this one time I was playing Pokemon Pearl on the bus, and I was chaining for a Shiny Cubone for some reason and got it on the 7th try. I was just like "Oh my god issit SHINY!?" and I like, didn't touch the game till I got home to be sure. Lo and Behold, it was indeed shiny! I later... very stupidly... traded it for a hacked Darkai from an internet friend >.<

More recently, I remember when X&Y came out, this local coffee shop or whatever held a release party for the games. I came out with.. the display boxes for the games, a second copy of the preorder poster, and even some Black & White posters o.o Oh, and a few months before that, the Gamestop that was hosting the party with the coffee shop was giving out some Keldo Posters with every preorder of the games.
    (My room needs more Posters and Pokeymanz on the wall, so once I get some poster putty that's not oily I'll hang some of those up.)

Ohohoho, and I remember the event for Manaphy at Toys R Us! It was my first ever Pokemon Event, and I made my dad drive me an hour away to a Toys R Us, and I bought a Chimchar plushie while I was there, and I got a Vulpix from this nice girl that was there too. x3

Years
    I hope me bring this thread back up isn't a problem but I think this is intresting. My memory/story is of my Girlfriend sending me an Axew plush. I keep it close to me at all times.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
    Well...I remember playing pokemon and then someone came up to me "What is that?" I'm like "Pokemon". "What's pokemon?" "Pocket monsters".

"I have monsters in my pocket?! OMG omg get them out get them out!"

Years
    I got my Red version by chance. My mom picked it up for me. I picked Squirtle and immediately fell in love.
    My first card was a fossil Haunter holo that my friend gave me. I didn't start collecting until I heard about the gym leader cards, and heard that people actually battled for badges.
    The anime took me longer to discover, I happened upon it after school. It was where Ash was facing Lt. Surge.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I remember going to a random outlet in some town my family was driving through and finding Mewtwo Strikes Back on VHS there. Me and my brother convinced my mother to buy it, it wasn't even expensive. Watched it so many times, I still think it's a good movie haha. Because pokémon and Mewtwo. And the music. Oh, the music in pokémon movies always was really emotional and epic.

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
    Years
    I remember beating the Ruby/Sapphire champ with my Seviper and his Ludicolo. It was simply a glorious moment for me, and probably the first Champion defeat I enjoyed greatly.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years

Yehhh! Board games! The good part of having a twin to play with! I collected the same things Sajmon shows. I had quite a bit of mostly Kanto/Johto Pokemon merchandise, from the little figurines to the marbles to the Scholastic Book Fair books to the Burger king golden cards to the... pajamas! Some posters, stickers, pencils, binders, first three collections of the trading cards, videos of various episode arcs, and of course, the video games: Red, Blue, Yellow, Stadium 1 and 2, Puzzle League, Gold, Silver, Crystal, even Hey You Pikachu, pah! My parents said they had to pull out the credit cards, which they rarely use nowadays. ////ouch

I used to take some of the Pokemon figurines to school, where I was in 3rd grade. I was playing with them in class and my teacher took them from me. ;o;;;; I had to get mom & dad up at the school to get my Pokemon toys back. Oh, don't get me wrong, this teacher loved me to death and genuinely said she wish all her students were as sweet as I am.

Though, most of my fondest memories would within the video games. My twin brother and I would trade and battle so friggin' much. We'd even trade in the car, at school, in a lobby or wherever mom would be forcing us to tag along with as she ran her errands. One time during a battle, we kept pulling in and out the link cable to see what would happen, haha. I think we accidentally cloned a Pokemon once that way, too! /trade mod in the making

I remember getting stuck in my first play of Blue version. I couldn't get HM Strength in the Safari. I legitimately trained my team up to 70; keep in mind that Koga's Pokemon aren't even at level 40. Eventually, my older neighbor offered to help so I lent my game and got it back the next day with the HM, hurrah. My childhood friend later challenged me to a battle and whipped me using a Mew, hah! I'm sad he moved away!

I have played that particular Pokemon board game. I have also played the second version of it which was the Johto region. As for back when I first started playing the Pokemon games, one embarrassing memory was back when the first time I played Blue, I did not know how to leave the starting house. I then figured out that the mats marked the location to enter and exit buildings.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    A few memories consist of me getting a few binders worth of Pokemon cards at a swapmeet in a desert back when I was around 6 or so. Later on when I was around 11 or so I came across what would be my first issue of Nintendo Power featuring Pokemon Colosseum and a battle on there revolving around 2 teams based on Ruby and Sapphire, needless to say I found it so intriguing I have been trying to recreate those teams myself to this day, silly I know but those 2 particular teams have piqued my interest more than any other I've seen.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
    My first exposure to Pokemon was at a friends house. He had the old fat game boy and Pokemon Blue, and from the first moment i played it, i wanted to have one myself! My happiest memory is probably of when i got Pokemon Yellow and a Gameboy Color for my 5th Birthday, i played it non-stop, day and night. My craziest memory has to be the time my brother ran into a shiny swablu playing Ruby. We had no clue Shiny Pokemon were a thing, and i was soooo jealous of him for the longest time.

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
    Years
    Helping my friend catch Rayquaza on his Pokemon Ruby, while simultaneously catching Giratina on Diamond. Screaming at each other, "What Pokeball do I use?" "How many times has that ball wriggled?" "Got it?" etc, etc. It was a superb time, and we caught them at the same point in time.

Years
    My best memories come from very first time I played each game - When I didn't care about types or anything - I just used random pokemon I liked - I ended up with teams with half water types, one fire, one fighting and one flying type - I remember first time hearing about games from my friend - I didn't even know that they exsisted since Pokemon are not really popular here. I played my very first Emerald game on Emulator with completly random team (Blaziken- Because I watched playthrough and that person said that Blaziken is the easiest to use, Breloom, Azumarill, Pelipper and two more random Pokemon I don't remember - I just remember having a ton of problems with Tate&Liz xD ) - I also remember using Charmander in my very first FireRed game -and the troubles I had with Brock and Misty xD Oh and my very first Platinum playthrough - I used Infernape because it's fire type and I refused to use Staraptor because I thought that it looks ugly xD (Yes I was a kid - back than I used pokemon just because I liked them not because of stats or types or anything else xD )

Back