• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Share game tips, tricks, and guides here!

Years
    Great news guys some Data Miners found some pretty nice stuff. So here is the link And this are the facts that you will find:
    The Trainer Level Cap is 40.
    Egg's cap at Level 20, so if you get an Egg at Level 37 it'll still hatch at the same quality as if you were level 20.
    Wild Pokemon cap at Level 30, meaning after Level 30 everyone will find the same max CP Pokemon and it'll be a matter of spending the candy and stardust to upgrade them to your level's cap based on their CP arc.
    There is an achievement/badge rank above gold.
    Curveballs and Accurate Throws (Nice, Great, Etc) have been confirmed as helping with the capture chance of a Pokeball throw.
    There may be future Incubators that reduce the amount of kilometers needed before they hatch. (There is an incubator called "distance" in the code)
    Moves have an Accuracy and a Critical Hit Rate.
    Each unique Pokemon has it's own Capture and Flee rate.
    Move Damage may go up with Trainer Level.
    Pokemon do become harder to catch as you level up.
    Mewtwo, Moltres, Zapdos, Articuno are Legendary.
    Mew is Mythic.
    Farfetch'd is out there... somewhere. As is Ditto.
    The Charge Meter is filled 0.5 for each 1 HP of damage dealt. This means a super effective move that does more damage will charge the special attack faster - that is actually really important to know.
    To level from 39 to 40 takes FIVE MILLION EXPERIENCE, and going from 1 to 40 takes Twenty Million. On my best day I can get about one hundred thousand exp, maybe 125k. So that's like 3-4 months to go from 39 to 40. Won't be seeing that any time soon!
    Pokemon have a base Attack, Defense and Stamina (HP) - thus they do not have a Attack and Special Attack stat like in the 3DS games.
    Dragonite has the strongest base attack for non-legends, at 250.
    MewTwo has a base attack of 284.
    Moltres has the highest base attack of the three legendary birds.
    Articuno has the highest base defense of the three.
    Zapdos is almost as high as Moltres in base attack but is likely lower due to Type Advantage.
    Pokemon have an evolution modifier AND a HP modifier when they evolve both CP and HP go up a set multiplier.
    Defending Pokemon at a Gym attack every 1.5 seconds.
    The Master Ball is in the game, no clue where it is found.
    The Legendary Pokemon do have a spawn rate - BUT - they have no capture rate, could this mean they require a Master Ball?
    STAB is present in the game, giving a 25% Bonus to an attack move. STAB stands for "Same Type Attack Bonus" and means if a Grass Pokemon uses a Grass move it will hit harder than if a Ground Pokemon used the same Grass move. This is a big deal confirmation.

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2016
    Thanks for all these tips! I was able to get Pikachu as my starter Pokemon :)
    Here's a tip for gym battles, use the "Coach for Pokemon Go" app! You get the weaknesses of the Pokémons you will fight in your notifications so you stay in the Pokemon Go app and just swipe your notifications when you need them.
    It's free on Itunes.

Years
    Pokemon GO GIVEAWAY!!!

Hello guys there is cool giveaway with sweet rewards follow my link to help me get some coins haha
    It's not scam, only 4 days left. Rewards charger for phone, backpack charger and 2500 coins card. Check the link below for more info.

https://wn.nr/N5Rn2M

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    It's now confirmed that if you visit 10 PokéStops in a row, the 10th one you spin will give double exp and a minimum of 6 items! Happy hunting :D

pokemongohack

pokemongohack
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    I heard that to find what direction a pokemon is you select it in the pokemon nearby window so its the only one showing then scroll your screen in a circle slowly and when the compass needle is pointing in the direction of the selected pokemon it will flash a green light, i tried this and i got it to work, (with my wifi at home, my phone is too bad to process the signal fast enough on 4g though)

Afterglow Ampharos

Ampharos are the ultimate kid's bed. They have a b
    Years
    I heard that to find what direction a pokemon is you select it in the pokemon nearby window so its the only one showing then scroll your screen in a circle slowly and when the compass needle is pointing in the direction of the selected pokemon it will flash a green light, i tried this and i got it to work, (with my wifi at home, my phone is too bad to process the signal fast enough on 4g though)
    It's not possible to select Pokemon in the radar tab anymore, buddy. Not since the Sightings update a few days ago.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    To access things like your Pokémon menu or item bag quicker, just hold down the Pokéball icon when you press it to bring up the menu and then drag in the direction of the button you want to press - it'll automatically press it for you and save you literally half of a second!

Paras16699

Paras Shah
    Years
    Starting out as a Pikachu is one of the best tricks I've tried and it works out well.

Simply, instead of selecting a started Pokemon, keep walking and you'll soon see a Pikachu along with the other 3 Pokemons!

Enjoy!

I stumbled upon a nice compact Pokemon GO Wiki today. Guys, worth looking - Pokemon GO Wiki

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Just posting here to confirm something. Some people said on page something about recovering pokeballs you already thrown and missed. This is indeed possible, you just need to press and hold the screen near the pokeball, it works better when the pokeballs leaves the screen.
    Are you certain about this? :o I've seen a lot of people (the kind of respect Reddit users who're finding out most of the game's mechanics for the community) saying that this isn't true, have you tried it yourself and you're definitely noticing ball savings?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Positive. I've been doing this for two days. When you tap and hold near the pokeball you can actually see the pokeball coming back to you.
    Hmm ok that's very interesting to hear - I'll try this out tonight and see if I can get the same results! What exactly do you do in order to achieve this?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    If you miss the throw just tap and hold near the pokeball. I'm not really sure if it has to be near the pokeball, though.
    I've been testing this extensively since you told me about it and I just can't for the life of me get it to work. I can see the animation you're talking about but I just don't get any balls back. Not sure if I'm doing it wrong or what the story is but it's irritating!

Can anyone else get this to work?

Afterglow Ampharos

Ampharos are the ultimate kid's bed. They have a b
    Years
    Positive. I've been doing this for two days. When you tap and hold near the pokeball you can actually see the pokeball coming back to you.

I've been testing this extensively since you told me about it and I just can't for the life of me get it to work. I can see the animation you're talking about but I just don't get any balls back. Not sure if I'm doing it wrong or what the story is but it's irritating!

Can anyone else get this to work?

Tapping and holding on the missed, rolling Pokeball triggers neither a "coming back" animation nor an increase in number for me.

Also. I've noticed that an idle phone will stop updating the Sightings list. Which makes me wonder is it is tied to the accelerometer or GPS movement or something. Confirm/deny, anyone?

Last edited:

TDiesels

--Pokemon Strategist--
    Years
    Here's the trick to never miss a throw:

Pull the pokeball to the edge of the screen. Simply swipe up and the ball will automatically curve back to hit the pokemon.

Back