• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Share your experiences with the PS2 (of any type, incluiding if it was scary)

MVs.C Fan

Newbie (ChillEnjoyer)
Years
  • Well, i want to hear yours most amazing experiences with the memorable PS2. Any type of stories it's valid here, so feel free to tell anything related to PS2 and what you experience playing in this console.
    Mine it's pretty simple, i remember playing with my cousins in my PS2 a lot of Lego videogames or fighting too. I only have two controllers, so we need to take turns on who plays depending who looses on the last round or complete a level. I also remember when i play with my father and we comment amounts of funny things while playing.
    Gosh, i wish to have my PS2 back

Years
  • I spent a lot of time playing San Andreas with a friend of mine during the later years of the PS2. That was always a good time.

It was also the console that introduced me to FFX which was my favourite game all the way up to the 2010s when TLoU came out.

I think a favourite memory I have though is being a kid at like 8, enjoying the backwards compatibility to play Crash Bandicoot 2. It's one of the few times I played a video game of any kind with my mum. We realised too late that the ps2 memory card wasn't compatible with the ps1 game... so we binged the entire game in a day... effectively twice cause the console overheated and crashed near the end once and we had to start all over again. Good memory.

FullMetal_Ashheart

The Heart and Soul of Fire
    Years
  • I remember we gotten a PS2 that was originally supposed to be the family console. But, because I was playing it more than anyone else, it ended up becoming mine. And boy, did I play it like crazy, ranging from Guitar Hero to the old WWE SmackDown vs Raw games. I even played some anime games in between. I kinda miss it, to be honest.

MVs.C Fan

Newbie (ChillEnjoyer)
    Years
  • I remember we gotten a PS2 that was originally supposed to be the family console. But, because I was playing it more than anyone else, it ended up becoming mine. And boy, did I play it like crazy, ranging from Guitar Hero to the old WWE SmackDown vs Raw games. I even played some anime games in between. I kinda miss it, to be honest.

Yeah, i feel the same as you my friend. You always will miss the old and simple times, when everything was fine without any responsabilities.

Gosh, i miss when everything was fine to me, not like now i have to go to a psychiatrist for some real problems :(

SteCisGreendog

Iron Armour Forever
    Years
  • What the PS2 did for me was introduce me to DVDs as the console was my first ever DVD player, and I frequently watched stuff on it as well as play games. There was a huge library of varied games there. Being a PS1 owner I was hungry for more. The only difference was I relied less on demo discs for trying out different PS2 games than I did from the previous console, so I may have overlooked some hidden classics.

I loved the PS2, even if it did pry me off Pokémon for most of Generations 3 and 4 in the day. Whoops.

Back