• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shaving

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Do you shave any area of your body? (you don't have to specify which area!)

Do you do this for your own personal preference or because it's what's accepted amongst your friends/people around you?

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Just facial hair for me. Strangely enough, last night mum said I'd look good with a beard, which was a bit odd, I don't think I want a beard. At least not now.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    yap. except contrary to- i suppose, the popular method of leg-shaving- i don't shave my upper thighs...the hair there is neither visible nor bothersome. i shave for both reasons given in the OP...to be socially accepted and to avoid itchiness :s

Ayselipera

Yes I shave and it's for both reasons. Although I hate doing it because it's the biggest pain and so to cut out time I never use shaving cream. Whenever I tell people that they look at me like I murdered a small child, but I swear I never get razor burn no matter where I shave. Plus I save money since I only buy razors. Although I switched to an electric razor to save more time. I just hate doing it altogether. D:

@Ayselipera; only loserfaces need shaving cream, real talent can get by with the moisture strip and a shower am I right??
    Amen!

Last edited:

Stratos99

Banned
    Years
  • Do you shave any area of your body?
    I shave my facial hair, I shaved my legs once because I wanted to see what it felt like and I TRIM some hair elsewhere.. details will be provided in a visitor message if you'd like. ;]

Do you do this for your own personal preference or because it's what's accepted amongst your friends/people around you?
    If I wasn't afraid of being called a fag I would shave my legs all the time. For my facial hair I let it grow how I like it but I'm spontaneous so at any given time I'll feel like shaving it and starting over. I don't give a FUDGE about what anybody thinks about me shaving my personal business if you know what I mean, because only a select few are allowed to see that anyways. :>

@Ayselipera; only loserfaces need shaving cream, real talent can get by with the moisture strip and a shower am I right??

Sean

Years
  • I find it really tedious that I'm pretty much the only guy shaving facial weekly. ~.~ (In my school year, not many get facial hair surprisenly, yet. )
    I mainly do it because I don't like facial hair plus it just.. doesn't suit me. At all.

@Stratos, I've wanted to shave my legs but I'm afraid of comments on it T___T

Stratos99

Banned
    Years
  • @Stratos, I've wanted to shave my legs but I'm afraid of comments on it T___T

I'm just going with my gut on what the reactions of other people will be, so don't take my word for it. I do know there was this pretty thuggish mexican drug dealer in my classes last year who shaved his legs, I'm just not sure on whether or not people didn't give him crap about it because they didn't care or because he was a thuggish mexican drug dealer. When I did it I just wore pants until it grew back, be warned though, it might come back darker since the new hair won't have been exposed to sunlight as much as the hair before you shaved.

I say go for it though, running never felt better!

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • Haha just shave your legs during the winter where you where long pants all the time, and once it's Springtime hair will grow back. :P (Well, hopefully, I guess.)

And yes, we all shave in... areas. Facial hair is the only one I need to list here. lol

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Yes, I do shave (my facial hair). My parents make me do it 3 days a week (Monday/Wednesday/Friday), but I do it every few days instead.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    I shaved my shins one, and then cut myself before I finished my the rest of my legs. Even though it isn't the social norm, I want to shave my armpits, because the hair makes them sweat worse.

Stratos99

Banned
    Years
  • I shaved my shins one, and then cut myself before I finished my the rest of my legs. Even though it isn't the social norm, I want to shave my armpits, because the hair makes them sweat worse.

oh yeah I shave my armpits as well, they used to be horrifying after working out but not anymore! Go for it, you won't regret it unless you're the type to show off your armpits. I don't do it as much in the summer though because I swim a lot.

\o/

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • Nope. I've got hair EEEEEEEEEVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYWWWWWWWHHHHHHHEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRREEEEEEE

Seriously though, I avoid shaving my facial hair until it gets really bad, because the more you shave, the thicker the hairs get, and that ends up looking pretty bad when you get older, unless you actually have a beard.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • Nope. I've got hair EEEEEEEEEVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYWWWWWWWHHHHHHHEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRREEEEEEE

Seriously though, I avoid shaving my facial hair until it gets really bad, because the more you shave, the thicker the hairs get, and that ends up looking pretty bad when you get older, unless you actually have a beard.

That's a misconception. It only seems like it's coming in thicker because it grows faster as you age.

And I shave my facial hair because I can't grow enough of it to make the look work.

femtrooper

Starfleet Commander
    Years
  • I pretty much shave my legs when they are going to visible (ie. the summer, wearing dresses, going swimming, etc.) so I don't shave them too much in the winter to be honest!!! haha I also shave my arm pits, lol, but that's it!

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • I shave my face from time to time, but not always regularly.

...I honestly see no point in shaving anywhere else, though I wouldn't say there is any place on my body that I wouldn't shave if I felt the need to do so. I dislike razors, and do not use them. I use an electric razor to shave my face. I'd shave my legs if I ever decided to wear a skirt (Crossplaying/Cosplaying) or a Kilt.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I only really shave once a week or so to keep my goatee well-trimmed. :P

When I was younger, I would attempt to grow an entire beard because I have a huge mole along my jawline that I wanted to conceal, but I've grown less self-conscious of it over time. XD

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • I shave to maintain a clean cut appearance for personal preference. And I am sure employers would prefer that as well. Some times I let my facial hair grow out just for the heck of seeing how much of a a beard I could get going for the amount of time I didn't shave.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I shave to be less itchy and so people don't look at me like some greasy hobo. I hate it though. And I think the awkward shaving places shouldn't have to exist, especially on the opposite sex. Pubes, I am looking at you.

Back