• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shaving

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2023
    i shave my legs whenever i wear shorts, which is next to never.

and as for my under arms, i do it because i think it looks better. its just a personal preference. i think everyone should do it. :)

pubic hair on a female should be removed completely, and guys should at least trim theirs. lol.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I shave facial hair off every few days (provided I am not too lazy), although seeing it's Movemeber over here (for those who don't know, it's essentially grow-a-'stache-in-the-month-of-November-for-good-causes thing) my 'moustache' has escaped the razor this month.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    I don't like to shave. Ever. I wax. :/ Shaving hurts when it grows back more than waxing hurts.. and I guess it's because I have thinner, more sensitive skin. But yes, I wax all the "major" areas: Bikini line, underarms, and half-legs. >_> And shaving really DOES make it grow back thicker.. because waxing grabs it from the roots and it actually grows back thinner.

I want laser hair removal for all three of these sections. If I had to choose one, though.. it'd be a toughie but I'd really want my underarm hair to go away. >_> A french bikini or brazillian bikini hurts like a ***** to wax but it is so worth it for 3 months.

Also.. any guy that expects a girl to have no hair under there.. well let me tell you. Sometimes shaving down there isn't for everyone. I tried it once and never again. Luckily it was only for my bikini line. >_> But it grew back SO painfully. I had red bumps when the hairs were growing back (and I keep myself tidy! It was just the skin being a mofo!) and unbearably irritated me for about a week so bad that it hurt to put on underwear. As much as ripping out hair by waxing there hurts.. it doesn't even begin to compare to the horrors of shaving. I am not alone with this, other people have had the same horrible shaving experience and it's more common than you think.

>_> So yeah.. men.. if you have an -expectation- for a girl to be hairless there.. >_> Try waxing it all off on yourself. And if you can take it like a piece of cake then maybe you can have the mouth to tell a woman where she needs to have hair.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    I don't like to shave. Ever. I wax. :/ Shaving hurts when it grows back more than waxing hurts.. and I guess it's because I have thinner, more sensitive skin. But yes, I wax all the "major" areas: Bikini line, underarms, and half-legs. >_> And shaving really DOES make it grow back thicker.. because waxing grabs it from the roots and it actually grows back thinner.

I want laser hair removal for all three of these sections. If I had to choose one, though.. it'd be a toughie but I'd really want my underarm hair to go away. >_> A french bikini or brazillian bikini hurts like a ***** to wax but it is so worth it for 3 months.

i've been wanting to try waxing because it seems really easy, i just keep forgetting to buy waxing strips >_> i kept hearing that the epilator was the way to go, so i bought a cheap one and pfffffft never again. maybe it was just a crappy epilator...but whatever the case, that thing hurt. xD i tried a few more times to see if i could get the hang of it, but it was just too painful and tedious and it wasn't picking up the hair properly.

Also.. any guy that expects a girl to have no hair under there.. well let me tell you. Sometimes shaving down there isn't for everyone. I tried it once and never again. Luckily it was only for my bikini line. >_> But it grew back SO painfully. I had red bumps when the hairs were growing back (and I keep myself tidy! It was just the skin being a mofo!) and unbearably irritated me for about a week so bad that it hurt to put on underwear. As much as ripping out hair by waxing there hurts.. it doesn't even begin to compare to the horrors of shaving. I am not alone with this, other people have had the same horrible shaving experience and it's more common than you think.

>_> So yeah.. men.. if you have an -expectation- for a girl to be hairless there.. >_> Try waxing it all off on yourself. And if you can take it like a piece of cake then maybe you can have the mouth to tell a woman where she needs to have hair.

the absolute truth in every way

RSMangaFan

Harley's Hat
    Years
    I really don't need to shave :) but either way, yes, I agree with the above female posters! Sheesh guys, why do you care so much about where the opposite gender should shave? We don't tell you where to shave!

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    I don't have facial hair long enough that's even worth shaving. Same goes for arm pits and legs. But I do, however shave my legs a few times every now and then. As for pubic hair, should I be? o;

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    i've been wanting to try waxing because it seems really easy, i just keep forgetting to buy waxing strips >_> i kept hearing that the epilator was the way to go, so i bought a cheap one and pfffffft never again. maybe it was just a crappy epilator...but whatever the case, that thing hurt. xD i tried a few more times to see if i could get the hang of it, but it was just too painful and tedious and it wasn't picking up the hair properly.
    the absolute truth in every way

Epilators are more for.. after you've waxed for a while and the hair begins to grow back sparsely. Plucking up a couple hairs here and there wouldn't hurt as much as plucking up hair that's thicker from shaving or hair that hasn't been tamed for a while. :/ If it didn't pick it up properly, the root was either too big or you didn't have a good enough machine.

I've never tried an epilator, but I'm a little skeptical of it myself.

And for all of you that say "Shaving doesn't make it grow back thicker" then let met tell you from experience: It hurts WAY more to wax hair that has been shaved than if it was just hair that grew back after the prior waxing session. Hair that has been shaven also gets deeper into the skin and has a bigger root. >_> I've been waxing for over 7-8 years. And I've been waxing myself for over 3 years. I think I'd know the difference because I can clearly see and feel it.

Lordy I want laser so bad :/

Stratos99

Banned
    Years
    Kura! Same here with the red bumpy aftermath, I only trim now after that horrible experience. Luckily that's what's expected of a guy. :D

Daydream

[b]Boo.[/b]
    Years
    I have to shave because I don't get enough hairs coming through for a proper beard. They just look silly if they're left. Although, I'd like to grow a goatee. I also get hairs growing of the two small moles on my face, which looks gross.

Oh and other than my face I've started shaving my armpits because they seem to get less sweaty. I keep tidy elsewheres.

I dunno if I went TMI but everyone else was sharing. o_o

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    I shave my face (with an electric shaver) every couple of weeks. I would shave more, but it comes out so blonde that it's unnoticeable until it gets about half a centimetre long I don't bother.
    If and when it starts growing faster/darker I want to grow a goatee. I have stubble atm but as I said, it's blonde and therefore invisible.

Since we're sharing, I do trim other places, but very rarely and only when it gets a little uncomfortable.

Years
    I shave my facial hair once a week, mostly because people say it makes me look weird if I let it grow xD

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I use an electric trimmer/shaver most every day. Sometimes I let a little stubble grow on my upper lip (it never grows into a full mustache even if I let it go for a month and it just looks weird) but otherwise I like being with no to very little facial hair.

Since my hair's black, I always have the little "five o'clock shadow" on the upper lip:/

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
    Years
    Do you shave any area of your body?
    Legs and 'pits, the norm for most women. I shave every other day in the summer and a couple of times a week in the winter. Anywhere else only gets done if I feel like it.

Do you do this for your own personal preference or because it's what's accepted amongst your friends/people around you?
    Mostly personal preference. Body hair is gross to me and I love the feeling of being clean-shaven~

I know what you mean. @_@ I hate those red bumps with a passion...
    Although sometimes I still find myself doing it because the clean feeling is almost worth it. Still wanna try waxing too.

Last edited:

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
    I shave pretty much wherever a girl shaves in general except for "down there." Trim, but not shave. Sometimes I use hair-removing lotion for everywhere else.

I also shave the sides of my head with clippers to keep my Mohawk hairstyle; I do that about once a month. I would shave my head every week, but I'm lazy, my arms and neck gets fatigued, and it does get pretty messy. Plus, the hair falls on my face and in my shirt so I end up having to take a shower because I start to itch like crazy from the little hairs poking me. An alternative is to just go see a barber or a friend. Sometimes I do this because it's hard to get the back of my head since I can't see it. A barber is more precise too. ; ;

And shaving really DOES make it grow back thicker..

It's been proven false and any dermatologist will tell you that it's just a myth; don't be afraid to shave. Your "experience" was likely tolled by other factors like your age, hormones, and your surroundings.
    Waxing is still better than shaving. :q

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 12, 2014
    The hairs on your face

For the Blokes/Mates/Dudes/Bros
    -How often do you shave, if at all?
    -Do you like shaving?
    -When was the last time you cut yourself?

For the Birds/Sheilas/Babes/Chicks
    -Do you prefer smooth, or rugged faces?
    -Do you force your boyfriend to shave?

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    -How often do you shave, if at all?
    Every night, every other night, or every three nights.

-Do you like shaving?

It's part of keeping up with my appearance. I don't want to go to work looking all scruffy, I prefer clean shaven face over a face full of hair.

-When was the last time you cut yourself?

Probably the last time my blade was quite dull.

Johnny™

Office addict
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2012
    I'm so tempted to hijack this thread and make it a "post your beard" thread. But since I know you're all camera shy I won't even bother.

I like having the rugged scruffy look sometimes, and other times I shave because I want women to see how hard I've worked on my jawline. Shaving is such a pain though, especially after not shaving for a couple weeks.

Back