• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shaymin Ex - Who's gottem?

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2016
    I just started play literally 5 days ago (Pokémon Go sucked me in) but I've been doing my research and I see Shaymin has a ton of hype. Then I looked on Ebay and. . . WOW! It's pretty much a $100 card. What exactly makes it so good?

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
    Years
  • It's Set Up ability. When you play it to the bench, you may draw cards until you have six in your hand. This is almost as powerful as most Supporters, effectively allowing you to play up to 5 Supporters on your first turn (1 actual Supporter and 4 Shaymin). Combine that with decks that can set up in 1 turn anyway, and your opponent has a problem.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen today
    You can also set yourself up for deck out by turn 4 :L

Years
  • Its ability is really good but I honestly feel it's become extremely overrated. Especially since its ability only works when you first play it, after that it becomes an easy two prize cards for your opponent if it gets Lysandred in on Lugia, Bouffelant or most EX mons.

Years
  • Its ability is really good but I honestly feel it's become extremely overrated. Especially since its ability only works when you first play it, after that it becomes an easy two prize cards for your opponent if it gets Lysandred in on Lugia, Bouffelant or most EX mons.

The benefits of having a card that acts as an extra supporter are pretty crazy in the TCG, and they historically have been. Shaymin EX has a predecessor in Uxie from the Legends Awakened set, and that got play in everything, too. Granted, prices on that were dramatically cheaper than Shaymin EX because it got reprinted as a league promo and it was a lower rarity to begin with.

I don't own any of the current Shaymin EX, but I do own a full playset of the Uxie I mentioned, iirc.

Years
  • The benefits of having a card that acts as an extra supporter are pretty crazy in the TCG, and they historically have been. Shaymin EX has a predecessor in Uxie from the Legends Awakened set, and that got play in everything, too. Granted, prices on that were dramatically cheaper than Shaymin EX because it got reprinted as a league promo and it was a lower rarity to begin with.

I don't own any of the current Shaymin EX, but I do own a full playset of the Uxie I mentioned, iirc.

Oh I agree that it's extremely useful but it is not worth what people want for it at all imo.

Years
  • Oh I agree that it's extremely useful but it is not worth what people want for it at all imo.

The TCGO prices for it seem pretty crazy. The physical price is much more in line with historical prices of cards of its rarity that are viable in competitive play, albeit still on the high side for a card that is strictly in a support role.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen today
    The benefits of having a card that acts as an extra supporter are pretty crazy in the TCG, and they historically have been. Shaymin EX has a predecessor in Uxie from the Legends Awakened set, and that got play in everything, too. Granted, prices on that were dramatically cheaper than Shaymin EX because it got reprinted as a league promo and it was a lower rarity to begin with.

Uxie is a much better card. It nets you 7 instead of six and is only gonna lose you one prize.

Years
  • A store/chain in the states got exclusive rights to sell a tiny box that holds 2 booster packs and shaymin ex about a month or so ago, the cards were sold out the day of and resold on ebay for 80$ base price. shaymin currently sits at 70 and 90 respectably, but people are trying to force the market back up and with the first weekend of regionals this weekend right now is the best time to buy a shaymin ex.

SFPT

Memester
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I own one, from a super lucky (weighed to be honest) ROS pack. I usually feel bad after weighing packs, but after the feeling of slowly slipping out a Shaymin-EX from a brand-new pack from target, I weigh every pack I buy.

Back