• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Shedinja: Why? T__T

Years
    • Age 59
    • Seen Aug 3, 2019
    After a lot of searching with the PokeRadar in Eterna Forest, I found the Nincada I was looking for. So, I started training it in order for it to evolve into Ninjask. The main reason I wanted it though was because I needed a Shedinja. Note that I had an empty slot in my Pokemon party. So... I started training it and it got to the coveted level 20. It evolved normally into Ninjask, learned all attacks that it had to learn. Then, I checked my Pokemon party and no Shedinja there! And to think I wanted to avoid migrating from Ruby...

Anyway, why wasn't there a Shedinja even though I had a spare slot in my Pokemon Party? Does anybody know?

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2008
    Doesn't this involve something with boxes?
    I'm not sure though...

Barboach

As we know it.
    Years
  • It works just like the saphhire/ruby game. Have an open slot in your party, evolve nincada to ninjask and shedinja should appear in the empty slot. If that doesn't work, then just migrate it over.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 59
    • Seen Aug 3, 2019
    you must have a poke ball in there i think thats why cuz i heard that shadinja only evolve if you have a poke ball a normal one
    Really? O_O Then how can my Shedinja in Ruby be in an Ultra Ball? I didn't hack it or anything...

What ~Yanmega~ said, you need to have at least 1 pokeball(or any other ball) in order to obtain a Shedinja plus an empty slot in your party.

~R.A.M.
    I had 27 Dusk Balls, 27 Quick Balls and 1 Luxury Ball.

Anyway, I tried it again and again and it did not work. I will try having a normal Poke Ball with me too even though I think it's not necessary.

Thank you everyone for your replies. ^^

Roihu

In America
    Years
  • I never knew that....
    I guess since I always left the pokeballs I got and never used it it always worked. :P

Random

-
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2008
    You need a least one pokeball in your bag, and one free slot in your team when nincada evolves.

ShadowTails

I'm working on a better Avatar
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015
    O_o I swear in Ruby I didn't have ANY Pokeballs in my ball pocket and I had no trouble getting Shedinja...

ufo

<- I used to do spriting
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2007
    then you are mistaken ;)

as many people above have repeated you MUST have a pokeball... shedinja won't be in that pokeball (if I remember right it will ahve the same ball as nincada) but you msut have the pokeball regardless...

if you didnt think you had a pokeball and you got shedinja then you are wrong because you need a pokeball

ShadowTails

I'm working on a better Avatar
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015
    then you are mistaken ;)

as many people above have repeated you MUST have a pokeball... shedinja won't be in that pokeball (if I remember right it will ahve the same ball as nincada) but you msut have the pokeball regardless...

if you didnt think you had a pokeball and you got shedinja then you are wrong because you need a pokeball

In Ruby I don't EVER carry around normal Pokeballs after you can buy better ones.

Back