• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen shedinja?

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2006
    should i keep my shedinja in game, i just evolved them, shedinja doesn't get hit much but only has 1 hp. I'm not sure, can someone help me out.

Years
    it really depends on your strategies and opponents... but well, as most people do, just keep it there as your friend might want it (*trade*)... Otherwise, it is useless(Focusband no use lol!)... Oh, also i think revive heals it completely *)! it is a pretty dumb pokemon coz it has MUCH more weaknesses b-cuz of it's type..
    Use a B/P Ninjask.. Much better IMO..
    ~NekroBoi~

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
    should i keep my shedinja in game, i just evolved them, shedinja doesn't get hit much but only has 1 hp. I'm not sure, can someone help me out.

Actually, there are a lot of attacks that are "Super Effective" against Shedinja, it's just having a Pokemon in your party that has a move like Faint Attack when you face off against one. <curses>

I'm sure there are better bugs (or ghosts) that you can use.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Personally I love Shedinja not because its in my sig, its because its a ghost type Pokemon, but i do hate the fact that it will get knocked out with any fire, flying, dark, ghost and rock type moves. But it does cut on stupid drains and sludge attacks though

:t354:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Cresselia

Plasma Elite
    Years
    It all depends on your battle strategy, and if you are willing to take the risk. Shedinja is super risky, because it can be easy killed by Spikes and Sandstorm, so if you like to switch out a lot, Shedinja is probably not the Pokemon for you. Shedinja could be an awesome Pokemon, if you were keep it alive for a few turns. If you gave it Protect, maybe you could evade some of the obvious attacks. Shedinja is still a cool Pokemon, nonetheless. It has tons of weaknesses, but could do major damage to some Pokemon (like Kyogre) whp don't have the right movesets to KO it. I use my Shedinja all of the time in link battles, and sometimes it can prove useful. I love toying with my oppenents by using Confuse Ray and Toxic. ;D Shedinja is one of my favorite Pokemon. But, if you're looking for other Bug Pokemon, I recommend Heracross or Ninjask.

Years
    just keep it for trading or pokedex uses as said before its weak against alot of atks and atks that don't miss like aerial ace,faint attack,etc

Years
    There is no real reason to get rid of it to tell the truth; unless you filled up every space in every box in you PC, which is very very doubtful. I'd say keep it in case you get bored and want to mess around with it later on in the game when you have nothing else to do.

Drifblim

Banned
    Years
    I wouldn't set much store by it in the long run myself. Not only is it still vulnerable to Rock-, Fire-, Flying-, Ghost-, and Dark-type attacks, it's screwed if your opponent pulls a Toxic, Spikes, Liquid Ooze, hailstorm, sandstorm, or Will-O'-Wisp. In Mystery Dungeon, you just need a Stick or Gravelerock to knock it away once you'd led it off the wall.

Akiyo

Send my love.
    Years
    I never really liked Shedinja because of all it's weaknesses. It's bad against almost all the pokemon I end up fighting.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    i have to say that shedinja is cool but he never lasts long unless you are fighting a normal type tank that doesnt know any moves tha shedinja is weak to
    he is only good for noob busting (most noobs to pokemon dont know all the types) and for an annoyer
    in order for it to be effective you would have to ev train its speed and have a move like double team ready and unless you cheat shedinja is worthless against anything it is weak against.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    While it fails in the OU metagame too often, it is a force to be reckoned with in the Uber metagame where not many Pokes are built to handle it. Overall, never count on it, but it certainly can come in handy.

ChrisG14

I'm back baby!
    Years
    I don't really like shedinja. You can boost it's attack til the Miltank come home, but one good shot with Shadow Ball and it's out.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
    Ah... Shedinja does have its uses- the Battle Arena is one place where it is especially problematic. I would've beaten that verdaamt Greta the first time if not for it. I usually keep one on PC, and don't use it for ordinary battles. I used one in the Battle Pyramid since one HP meant I didn't have to worry as much about healing it up, and I used one during the battle against Greta during my rematch with her. In every other area, however, Shedinja is fairly risky to use, and probably shouldn't be placed on a team designed for competitive play. But I still love my Ninja-chan. *huggles*

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Insert random filler here.

Last edited:

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    Use a Shedinja with Protect if you're trying to tire out wild Kyogre, Groudon and Rayquaza. Among the trio's attacks, only Fly and Struggle are capable of killing Sheddy, so it makes a great Pokémon to catch them.

Also get it to learn False Swipes. With that and Protect, really any Legendary (except for Rayquazza and his Fly, in which case just use Protect, and possibly one or two of the Regis) is yours for the taking.

Years
    I also say that you should keep Shedinja. If you give him the right moves, he can throw a mean punch on your enemies. Believe me, Shedinja really saved me from defeat a couple of times!

Back