• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sheep born with human face

ÇyänïdëÉX

Dr.banana
    Years
    It's kinda cute.

Actually, it reminds me of those Occa things from Legend of Zelda.

WHAT!! XD lol

ohh boy ya know it looks genuine but what puzzles me is why did the village burn the dead sheep? Maybe they thought it was a curse but i think its more like something smelly is going on in that story. I think its a hoax, why else would they burn the evidence before it was studied by scientist and only a picture exists as proof? A trained photoshopper could probably see right through that picture. If not beast and man cannot mate, its just a proven fact. Anything else the area around there might be like radioactive or something..it is russia after all. Maybe some nuclear waste is being stashed around that tiny village and its starting to seep into the water and earth..but thats just a crack pot theory of mines.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    That is pretty creepy... There's only one logical answer. Humans cant breed with other animals, so obviously, something happened to the sheep while it was in it's mother. Still, its pretty creepy *Shivers*

Barker

I'm drifting in deep waters..
    Years
    It scared the hell out of me when I first saw it on /sp/, of all places.

I wish they'd gotten to study it a bit before it was destroyed.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    ^ You were saying?

About the pic... WHAT IN THE NAME OF BARNACLES IS THAT? IS THAT A...

The most plausible thing is the face is somewhat flattened and deformed as it goes out from the vaginal canal. Like humans, the harelip in humans, only it's in animals. Maybe the muscles in the cervix and uterus of the sheep is too strong, causing that to happen...

Hey! I'm a former nursing student, and I do had some experiences like that one. Deformed anatomy.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
    ^ You were saying?

About the pic... WHAT IN THE NAME OF BARNACLES IS THAT? IS THAT A...

The most plausible thing is the face is somewhat flattened and deformed as it goes out from the vaginal canal. Like humans, the harelip in humans, only it's in animals. Maybe the muscles in the cervix and uterus of the sheep is too strong, causing that to happen...
    On the contrary, the article states that the lamb was delivered through a Caesarean Section. Therefore, I don't think the sheep's physiology had anything to do with the weird lamb.

Most likely, is that it's a deformed foetus. But you know, that's just my theory.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    Sheep born with human face

Parasite Eve II called: it wants its creature back.

Bear

Fascist baby.
    Years
    I'm not that surprised. Fetuses of different mammal species often look alike. An elephant fetus looks a lot like a dolphin, a dolphin fetus looks a lot like a puppy etc.

Guess its natural for them to have similar-looking features at such an early stage?

Humans can't breed with other sheep let alone other species.

Sheep are already of a different species to us. They're sheep, you see.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    It's funny how the body was burned after the photo, thus there is no proof.

Hm..

Oh well. Disgusting photo regardless.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Looks quite normal to me, if a bit grotesque.
    When something dies inside its mother it bloats, hence this apparent disfiguration and how it can no longer be delivered normally. The head is otherwise the right general shape and orientation in relation to the body, and given the stuff all over the lamb it's just how the colours patterned across its nose.

Last edited:

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
    It looks weird, in general, to me. It may be different, but I don't know, I never saw a newborn lamb before. It reminds me of those nightmarish abominations that I think up for stories, so I guess it doesn't look like anything new?

That weird mouth is kind of unusual, but it isn't 'creepy', just weird.

Back