• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Shifting Sands [T]

EternalSushi

Fresh for a lifetime.
Years
  • Age 27
  • HK
  • Seen Sep 9, 2017
Accepted! Welcome aboard. Once the last spot has filled up the IC thread will be submitted.

Speaking of last spot, Judge Mandolore Shepard, I'm afraid I'll have to cancel your reservation. The SU couldn't be finished in time and I haven't had a reply from you regarding an extension of the reservation. If you could post and reply in other forums, I assumed that an SU wouldn't take that long to make. I can't expect you to RP much if the SU is already that difficult for you. The next sign up (might be yours if nobody contests it) by anyone will be accepted if all is well.

A spot is now open. And, if you can, please join that Skype group through the link I've posted a few replies prior!

Last edited:

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
Years
Here is my character now.

Name: Dr. Obram Gasault

Species: Greninja

Appearance: Obram wears a olive drab leather jacket and a brown fedora.

Personality: As an archaeologist, Obram is always fascinated with archaeological finds. Course he can be quite greedy at times if he figures out the monetary values of the objects. When it comes to speaking, he prefers not to speak much since he believes actions speak much louder than words. Course he does not always get along well with certain associates.

Background: Back when he was a child, Obram was always interested in archaeology. During his college years he worked hard to get a degree in archaeology. Since the time he graduated from college he has found quite a few archaeological ruins, including ones that have been underwater. When he heard about the archaeological dig in the desert, he knew it would be worth his time to check out.

Other: Sandcastles

EternalSushi

Fresh for a lifetime.
Years
  • Age 27
  • HK
  • Seen Sep 9, 2017
...As much as I want to get the show on the road, I need to decline this for now. It's quite a bit on the short side (not normally a problem) but the background/personality sections are quite lacking, not really saying a lot. If you wish to make a better SU, a more interesting backstory is needed (and not just where he studied and what he is now out of interest), as well as a better description of personality. I just can't absorb much from that SU right now. Sorry...

Currently the spot is still open.

EternalSushi

Fresh for a lifetime.
Years
  • Age 27
  • HK
  • Seen Sep 9, 2017
Well, either way, the RP IC has been accepted! Everyone can now jump aboard and post. ^^ If you'd like, please join the Skype group if you haven't already to discuss things more efficiently between the RPers. I'm sure whoever gets accepted in the end can catch up, seeing how it'll probably take a while for everyone to post theirs.

We are still accepting the next good SU.

Additionally, Jauntier has redacted himself from the RP, and a friend of mine will be taking his spot with a new character. She knows quite a bit about the RP (spooooopy) and would like to try Co-GMing this with me. One spot is still open however, and TheSignWriter might just fill it up.

Last edited:

Kikpanther

Not a beginner that's for sure
Years
Hey everybody! I'm the friend!

I'll have an SU up soon!

Name - Eva Leena

Gender - Female

Age - 20

Species - Kecleon

Appearance - Nothing particularly. Eva carries a Kecleon-sized satchel with her to hold her papers, books and other items.

Personality - Eva is a born explorer. Especially when it comes to places once inhabited. In her past Eva was always crawling around her mother's house, grabbing things and giving it its own backstory (you know, when she wasn't hitting anyone with it). When she was older she joined the rescue team guild a ways from her town, but quit after she realized she was much more interested in inspecting the walls than she was with helping out other pokemon. At first it started with gems and beautiful rocks, but as she got older and could explore more it became documents or old wardrobes unopened for decades. It wasn't just the discovery that fueled her, but the chance to learn about people and culture as it existed far in the past. She was especially interested in their innovation and creativity above all. Tombs and places of worship had particularly been where her interest lied as she thought it had the greatest showing of creativity.

Eva is a bit quiet, though. She is often seen with her hand over her mouth as she thinks or observes others around her. Despite her quiet attitude, Eva isn't shy and is happy to meet new people.

Background - As she became older, Eva was able to participate in deeper study of archeological artifacts and the histories of the civilizations they came from. She was an excellent student. She seemed to be every bit of an expert when it came to culture and religion. Her pitfall was that she was never very good with dates (unless it was some major war or battle of some kind that ensued) but made up for her knowledge of cultural shifts that happened after the impact of a major event. Knowing that she was a good student and seeing her excitement for the subject she was tipped off by a kind soul for the chance to participate in an expedition with Delta Salen, one of the greatest acheological explorers out there! You can already imagine her excitement when she joined the contest. The best sandcastle that imitated one of the great monuments in Yegypt. Eva was packing even before she won.

Others - Nothing wrong with death, but making it out is definitely preferred. X)

Last edited:

EternalSushi

Fresh for a lifetime.
Years
  • Age 27
  • HK
  • Seen Sep 9, 2017
Accepted! Feel free to join in soon - we're only just about to depart. c:

TheSignWriter has notified me that she won't be joining, so one spot is still open.

Last edited:

Plumbum

The Dandy Highwayman (That You're Too Scared to Me
Years
Sorry guys I don't like using CSS. What's written is more important.

Name Maxia Nyalla (Name format places tribe name before given name.)

Age 15

Species #654 - Braixen

Appearance Nyalla is for the most part ordinary. However, she does very visibly have her tribal mark painted into her fur - a purple flame over her right eye. Furthermore, although it is not strictly appearance, her stick is foraged from a special (and sacred to her people) wood that burns purple and bears a cobalt blue hue itself.

Personality The Braixen is a... strange one. But then, she was raised from birth in an indigenous tribe that has not been heard from since the times of Nazratu himself. In so many ways, she seems like an alien to most of the people around her, raised to a different set of values, not being confident with their tongue and far, far too trusting. Of course in the tribe, you can trust everyone you meet...

She has an absolute dedication to her duty and to her people and she expects everyone around her to have that same selfless devotion to others. She has taken upon her task and should she die to complete it, that would be an acceptable consequence.

Background Nyalla was born to the Maxia tribe - nomads indigenous to the land and usually openly hostile to outsiders, aside from the other tribes that in recent times they hold alliances with and travel alongside. Her mother is a hero to her people, which has certainly placed great expectations onto the shoulders of the young girl and her opportunity has come to prove herself. In ancient times, their people waged a war against Nazratu for encroaching on and destroying their homes. They lost, their original Alpha was killed but they were not destroyed completely. Nazratu took the amulet belonging to the first Alpha as a prize of his victory - and it is rumored that it was one of the many treasures buried alongside the "great" king...

Fun fact: I built this character for a different RP originally, so I made a LOT of lore for the tribe. I'll leave it here for anyone who wants to read it (with some things relating to the original universe, sure.)

EternalSushi

Fresh for a lifetime.
Years
  • Age 27
  • HK
  • Seen Sep 9, 2017
You're in. ^^ Well well, full cast now. Whoo! Well um, feel free to catch up on the RP now. x3

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
As per Sushi's request, here is my character!

Name - Felix Fellows

Gender - Male

Age - 26
Species - Alakazam

Appearance - Unlike most other psychics Felix sports a some muscle, mostly due to one part of his parentage belonging to a fighting type. He carries a brown book bag with him that has several blank papers and pencils in it, mostly so that he can take notes on any unique items he can find within the tomb.

Personality - Felix tries his best to be a relaxed fellow. mostly because he knows that is a freak in one particular way. Whenever someone raises the fact that he looks and acts different from most Alakazam Felix will become quiet, mostly because he is ashamed of that fact. Felix believes that he if can become friendly with others, then they'll have less of an inclination to make fun of his heritage. Given that he is born from a union of a psychic and a fighter, Felix finds himself in the middle ground in terms of psychic and fighting abilities. On the one hand he's far stronger than other psychics. On the other, he is not able to perform complex calculations at break neck speeds, and his psychic techniques are rather weak when compared to another's.

Background - Felix is the son of a museum curator who lives in another country. Dr. Salen sent a video message to his father regarding an invitation for him to join his expedition into the tomb. Given his father's very busy lifestyle Felix was elected to go in his place. Felix isn't quite sure what he will encounter while in the tomb, but it couldn't be anything that bad, right?

Others - In regards to Felix, I am not okay with him dying… but I am fine if another fate befalls him. The best reference I have for him is this PIC , in case anyone wants some help picturing what he looks like.

EternalSushi

Fresh for a lifetime.
Years
  • Age 27
  • HK
  • Seen Sep 9, 2017
That'll do! Accepted. Now, with your post done, I'll post about arriving there. No prob!

EternalSushi

Fresh for a lifetime.
Years
  • Age 27
  • HK
  • Seen Sep 9, 2017
Have a nice Christmas everyone! Let's get to the replies in a week or so. ^^ Everyone needs a good new year.

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
Years
Shame I missed open signups, but I'm reading all the posts so far, and I have to say its looking good guys! Keep up the good work!

Also, hello again ES, The internet must be a small place for us to keep bumping into each other like this!

Back