• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shiftry, more than just a Sunnybeamer...

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2005
    Name: Shiftry
    Type: Grass/Dark
    Nature: Modest
    Ability: Early Bird
    Item: King's Rock
    Move Set:
    Rest
    Faint Attack
    Swagger
    Double Team

Rest + Early Bird makes Shiftry wake up in 1 turn from Rest's usual 3. Swagger is for Confusion, and Faint Attack is there for hitting pokemon that have Double Team'd a bit or w/e.

husk1442

needs more [i]Mod[/i]
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 3, 2009
    Swagger is just asking to be destroyed

Faint Attack isn't going to be doing any damage

Double team is cheap and it sucks when you are weak to Aerial Ace

Rest with those defenses?

Iveechan

based on a paperclip
    Years
  • Funny how people always whine about Double Team being cheap, but then use crap like choice band and baton passing Ninjask and abuse Substitute. Double Team is just a move.

husk1442

needs more [i]Mod[/i]
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 3, 2009
    I'm just saying Double Team doesn't allow you to be hit where as everything else allows your opponent to retaliate and have a chance of winning. I also pointed out that double team sucks when you are weak to Aerial Ace which negates the effects of double team. Stopping a ninjask from Baton Passing, a Tauros from Choice Banding, and some random poke from abusing your team with sub all put together is easier to stop than a Double Teaming Umbreon with wish, protect and Baton Pass.

really taunt is your only hope and that is before it double teams up

Lion Heart

Banned
    Years
  • Shiftry would be great if he was a different type (Weak to Flying/Ice/Grass/Fire/Fighting/Bug x4)
    AND if he had better defenses.

As for the set - No.

Perhaps in game, but not against real players with Brains.

More like Sunnybeam, HP Fire, BOOM.

Except Sunnybeam wastes a turn to set up - He'll die then.

***man

^_____^
    Years
  • Doule team plainly depends on luck. Substitute or choice band dont; they require skill and prediction to use. STFU with crap like double team is god when you know nothing about competitive battling.

Iveechan

based on a paperclip
    Years
  • Oh dear lord, I know nothing about competitive battling, I feel so ashamed!

I may not fight competitively, but I lurk and know how strategies work. Double Team can be countered with haze and roar, just like any other stat altering move. I never said it was god (good?), I just said that it's just a move, and you people get your panty hose in a knot over an easily countered attack.

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2005
    Choiceband = Prediction skill based
    Double team = Luck based

enough said
    Double team should be banned for eternity

Iveechan

based on a paperclip
    Years
  • Moves, attacks, same thing. You're just a sore loser if you whine about luck-based attacks. Guess what! Critical hits are luck. One-hit ko's are luck. Most double teaming Pokemon get killed before they become too evasive anyway. Hey, if it gives a crappy Pokemon a fighting chance, then I say go for it.

husk1442

needs more [i]Mod[/i]
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 3, 2009
    Which is why people don't depend on Critical hits and Critical hits can not be stopped from happening

Having a pokemon know a
    One-Hit K.O. move or double team is depending on luck

Back