• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Shikijika changes colors with the seasons!

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
    I like the idea, the only thing that hassels me about it though is that I am partially colorblind so I cannot really tell the difference between the colors. :(

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I kind of like the concept of Shikijika changing colors depending on the season. The only thing that may put me off is the fact the form changes may not affect Shikijika's stats.

The Red Chain

I was hoping for it to be white in winter... -1 point for little deer.

When you think of it from a plant's point of view, it makes sense for Shikijika to be brown in winter. Most plants die off, and when they die they turn brown. Fall is orange because that's the colors most of the plants take on. Spring is pink because there are plenty of blooming flowers about and pink is a common color among them. Summer is green for obvious reasons if you take in what I said above.

It would have been nice for it to have been white, but it wouldn't have made much sense realistically.

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2011
    At first I thought it was a Stantler pre-evolve.
    Then I grew sad.

But in retrospect it'd be cool if it evolved to Stantler if it's trained during the winter when it's brown.
    But *sigh* I can only dream.

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
    I was hoping for it to be white in winter... -1 point for little deer.

Also, coming from up in the North Woods we have lots of deer and in the winter they get more thick fur for winter, so they are usually browner. But I also see the plant reference pink flowers in spring->Green and leafy in summer->Red leaves in autumn->dead and brown in winter. Also, I think the evo will be cool! :D

Gilgαmesh

You know what would be cool? What if Shikijika has a special move that would be affected by the season? I'm thinking on terms of like, the weather ball move that castform learns and stuff. I'm wondering if Shikijika has a similar ability or move.

Just pointing this out in case this hasn't been mentioned already.

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
    You know what would be cool? What if Shikijika has a special move that would be affected by the season? I'm thinking on terms of like, the weather ball move that castform learns and stuff. I'm wondering if Shikijika has a similar ability or move.

Just pointing this out in case this hasn't been mentioned already.

That would make sense :D I hope it is like weather ball, depending on season. I also wonder if its stats change for any of the forms?

Edit: this was posted in fake pokemon (actually, it was the fake pokemon thread...) but the sheep one looks like shinjika... evo? or maybe just concept art? :P

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=5998810&postcount=1

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    At first I thought it was a Stantler pre-evolve.
    Then I grew sad.

But in retrospect it'd be cool if it evolved to Stantler if it's trained during the winter when it's brown.
    But *sigh* I can only dream.

I hope it's winter evo is Stantler too. But very unlikely.

Maybe the evo's will take on the correspondin typings. Ice for the winter evo, Grass for the Summer evo, Bug for the Spirng evo and .......... ground maybe for the Autumn evo.

Devil Flamingo

→ Loves Defense
    Years
    XD No. Stantler sucks and needs to stay the hell away from the beauty and perfection and flawlessness that is Mebukijika. He looks, in a nutshell, magnificent. I'm glad that he too changes forms with the seasons, and I'm glad that his typing doesn't change, because that in my opinion would be dumb/silly, as there's no seasons in WiFi battles or in the BT, so it'd serve no purpose. Also, those that were wishing for white fur, he does indeed get white fur in the chest and legs when in his winter forme. You can see them all in the leaked CoroCoro scans posted in Serebii which are obviously 100% real as there's no good reason why they shouldn't be. I'm personally glad that he's not related to Stantler; I always disliked Stantler's looks and for a deer he's pretty damn ugly. But Shikijika is utmost cutness and Mebukijika's flawless beauty is uttermost perfection. <3

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    The winter for looks really funky like he was going to a 70's disco. I think the white fur around his legs makes me think this. The White on his chest looks like a vest and the fur on his legs look like those funky jeans that get bigger near the ankles. Cant remember their names.

Years
    XD No. Stantler sucks and needs to stay the hell away from the beauty and perfection and flawlessness that is Mebukijika. He looks, in a nutshell, magnificent. I'm glad that he too changes forms with the seasons, and I'm glad that his typing doesn't change, because that in my opinion would be dumb/silly, as there's no seasons in WiFi battles or in the BT, so it'd serve no purpose. Also, those that were wishing for white fur, he does indeed get white fur in the chest and legs when in his winter forme. You can see them all in the leaked CoroCoro scans posted in Serebii which are obviously 100% real as there's no good reason why they shouldn't be. I'm personally glad that he's not related to Stantler; I always disliked Stantler's looks and for a deer he's pretty damn ugly. But Shikijika is utmost cutness and Mebukijika's flawless beauty is uttermost perfection. <3

He? I don't get how they would make Shikijika so feminine, and have its evolution appear so masculine... Doesn't seem right. But I do like Shikijika's evolution. IT has a very nice appearance and all, but it seems like it would be a male alternate evolution to Shikijika. Seems a bit too masculine to evolve from something so... cutesy. :P

Back