• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Shinies... a noob question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jordsta95

That guy with 6 Magikarps
    Years
    Hey guys, I am going to admit I have never had a shiny (apart from red gyarados in Crystal and Heart Gold) BUT my first legit shiny came a few days ago in the form of a squirtle (I would guess it was masada method as my ditto was Japanese [My Blastoise being English]) but I am now intent on getting a team of shiny pokemon :P

So the simple question is: Are you more likely to get a shiny from a shiny?
    What I am doing at the minute is taking the shiny Blastoise [English] and breeding it with a Seadra [Japanese] and hoping to get a shiny Horsea. But am I more likely to get the shiny Horsea this way, or would it be just as likely to be shiny using any other father instead of a shiny?

Sorry if this question has been asked/answered before. But I know nothing of breeding and/or shiny pokemon :/

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Not a noob question at all. In science, it's logical to think that if one parent holds a specific gene (this case being a shiny) that it would have a higher chance of passing it on to its offspring. That said, Pokémon isn't exactly science nor does it follow earthly logic. To answer your question, breeding with a Shiny Pokémon will not further increase the chances of hatching a shiny, unfortunately. I do wish you a ton of luck on building your perfect shiny team though! May the odds ever be in your favor.

If you have any more questions related to X and Y, please ask them in the X/Y Quick Q&A and since it's the Masuda Method you're using, we have a thread on that here.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back