• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Shinies, wow.

Years
    If you want shinys, heres a hint: get action replay.

Here's my own hint: get a life. Some of us work hard for our legit shinies. Cheating like that ruins everything and just screws us who actually work hard for them. Get out of a shiny thread where everyone debates WHICH shinies are hacked not to hack ALL of them. AR sucks and we all know. Getting a legit shiny is fun, impressive, and a rush of adrenaline! Recap: Hacking Sucks, Legit Rules :P

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2016
    I have gotten 5 shinies out of luck, but the rest of like, 14 or so have been chained. And people clone legit shinies so they don't loose it, so that could be a reason.

Bishopk

meow :)
    Years
    • CO
    • Seen Feb 16, 2018
    I'm not sure if anyone's mentioned this, but there's an entire guide in the various faqs. (Didn't see the link in my quick run-through of the rest of the thread.)

Last edited by a moderator:

dr00

「ちこく」君
    Years
    I'm sure people use the Pokeradar and get like 100 shinies, that would take years, honestly. They have to be AR'd. There's no other way. It's just so unbelievable that people give them away without seeming to care in the slightest bit.
    when you chain, it increases the odds of running into a shiny pokemon.

not years, but it does take a long time (and patience).

a friend of mine has spent way more time than she should, but has over 30-40 legit shinies that she caught herself.

look up guides on how to chain if really want some shinies. it's a lot of effort, but it's not unreasonable.

I have seen 3 legit shinys in the wild which is pretty lucky ^_^
    same.
    zubat from emerald
    golduck and (just a few days ago actually) wurmple in pearl.

i also have quite a few shinies from my friend who chains a lot

Jabunks

Currently Inactive
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2010
    I knew it was a bad idea! xD

Won't work, the Pokémons stats/Shininess and everything is determined the moment you receive the egg.
    And it's a 1/8192 chance for all Pokémon, excluding Poké Radar Shinies.

Years
    lol

i have encountered few shinies in all my... 6 years (XD) of pokemon gaming.

red gyarados (pokemon gold and silver)
    makuhita (pokemon ruby)
    anorith (pokemon diamond when i was underground)

thats it basically.

Years
    Pokradar+100sinies=-1week. If you could be bothered chaining for so long and buying a whole lot of poke balls, then you could get like 2-10k shinies a year. it all depends on how much you can be bothered. usually chaining the likeliness becomes 1 in 30-50. not that much if you have the time.

Majay-hi

Fey Hound(Vampire Hunter)
    Years
    Ive incountered 2 shinies in all my games becides red gyrados everyone gets in G/S/C
    one was hatched and one found in tree I cant figure out Chainning rather dificult to keep going after about 10

R.A.M.

KEY Fan
    Years
    As many people stated there are 2 simple reasons: clone & trade.
    I started with 6 shinies, 2 I caught myself and 4 I got from my friends. I now have over 400+ shinies. I do think some of them are hacked so i don't trade those ones, it is roughly about 10% of them.

Years
    I also have a shiny deoxys and heatran from gts, and their natures and iv's aren't impressive. I might keep them, I might not. Since I don't think their hacked, I could get a bargain off of them!

Shem

Bored...
    Years
    people chain using the pokeradar wich brings the chance of seeing a shiny up ALOT. And then alot are cloned with the gts glitch. I honestly think most of them are legit.

kinkajoukid

Zzz...
    Years
    I have just one shiny, and that would be a western Shellos (with a naughty nature :o). Yes, it's true that Pokeradar increases the rate of finding a shiny, but, unfortunately, it's much easier to get an Action Replay, where you can get a 100% chance of finding a shiny. >.<;

Years
    I've just seen way to many people with a LOT of shinies, and I thought they were all hacked from an AR. But then I realized, the moderators wouldn't let this many 'illegal' Pokemon continue to be traded.

2 problems with your thought process. 1) you assume the mods do their jobs... unfortunately since new mods have taken over, the amount of hack trading has gone up consderably because the mods don't monitor the trade threads well. 2) The only way to spot a hacked shiny pokemon is to physically see the pokemon, and in some cases, hack check it with hacking devices. The mods can't trade for every shiny pokemon to check them before allowing them to be generally traded, so any regular shiny pokemon (NON EVENT) are considered legit unless someone reports one as being hacked. If you watch the trade threads enough you will eventually figure out who's pokemon are likely hacked, and who's are legit.

I won't speculate as to what percent of shiny's out there are legit. You should be weary of any legendary that is shiny (resetting 8k times or more will drive most people to gamestop for an AR) You also will have to learn where pokemon live (ie, Charmander isn't usually caught in lake verity) and get to know the people you trade with. I'm sure there are PLENTY of hacked shiny's out there, but i know there are legit ones and the people who caught them are very proud of it.

Milotic_King

Beauty redefined
    Years
    Alright, now that my questions I asked in the original post have been covered. [about five times]

I want to pose this question: How do I go about obtaining shiny Pokemon that I have to SURF or FISH for? I've tried using the Pokeradar in the water, and it basically says the same thing when you try to use a bicycle in a building.

So are all shiny Pokemon you have to fish/surf for hacks??

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2017
    Alright, now that my questions I asked in the original post have been covered. [about five times]

I want to pose this question: How do I go about obtaining shiny Pokemon that I have to SURF or FISH for? I've tried using the Pokeradar in the water, and it basically says the same thing when you try to use a bicycle in a building.

So are all shiny Pokemon you have to fish/surf for hacks??

For any Pokémon that doesn't appear in short grass(that is, non-Poké Radarable Pokémon), you can only rely on the 1/8192 chance of a random Shiny appearing.
    If you want a water Pokémon that badly, then you'll just have to keep encountering them until one Shines.. However long that may take :P

Darth Caedus

Dark Lord of the Sith
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2008
    I have 1 shiny, a shiny Dragonite, which is my favourite pokemon. I would never clone it. Cloning is cheating.....

- Lord Caedus -

Back