• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shinies.

Years
  • To this day I've managed to catch 3/6 of the shinies that I've come across, not including those like the Red Gyarados.

Most of my shiny luck came on Sapphire, where I caught a shiny Shroomish in the Petalburg Woods on my first playthrough, and then a shiny Heracross in the Safari Zone on the second one. The other shiny that I caught was a Ducklett on the Driftveil Drawbridge on White.

As for improving your luck, there are things like chaining in D/P/Pt and the Shiny Charm in B2/W2 that do improve your odds, but there's still no guarantee that you'll find anything.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I've encountered two shinies that weren't a Red Gyarados - a Machoke, when I had no Poké Balls, in Diamond, and a Kricketot on the route between Sandgem Town and Jubilife City on Platinum. Got a few event ones too (3 copies of the shiny Suicune, Entei and Raikou, and a couple of Shiny Pichu, although I've now only got a Gamestop one I traded for).

Years
  • I haven't caught many.. ;o; My first shiny was Whismur in Sapphire. I also caught a Wurmple that evolved into a Dustox (ugh wanted Beautifly), Volbeat, Rattata, and some others. Got a lot of shinies from a PC member a year ago as well. :)

Brizz

TM87
    Years
  • I've caught a small handful of shinies throughout my playing of Pokemon, including 2 over the past couple of months.

Ponyta (LG)
    Unown (Diamond)
    Eevee (hatched Diamond)
    Bellsprout (LG)
    Zigzagoon (Sapphire)
    Lunatone (White 2)
    Geodude (FR)

d

Like four, besides the obvious Gyarados. I never actually bothered to try, so the ones I caught were from luck only.

Ponyta, Butterfree, Mareep, Patrat.

Back