• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Shinies!

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    So this thread is for your catched (or killed :D) shiny pokemon. I recently started Soulsilver and softresetted something like 400-500 times and got shiny chikorita. Now im trying to get a shiny magikarp, i've encountered 130 magikarps already and none of them has been shiny yet..

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    The total amount of shinies I've managed to get my hands on in fourth generation games is about fifteen, I think. If you exclude shiny Gyarados (I've had two--one in HG and the other in SS), then it should be somewhere around thirteen. Out of the ones I've caught, my most favorite would have to be shiny Metagross.

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2017
    The first Shiny I ever saw in Soulsilver was a Magikarp! Unfortunately, I made it faint ;n;
    Aside from the Shiny Gyarados, I was able to catch a Shiny Grimer, and TODAY, a shiny Abra! I'm so happy about the Abra because I planned to get an Abra for my team, so finding this lil guy was absolutely awesome! =w=

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • I don't think I have caught a shiny Pokemon other than shiny Gyarados in any of the Fourth Generation of games, unfortunately. :C

Treetwig

Banned for being awesome
    Years
  • I have a tons of shiny on gen.4 :D

Platinum:Giratina(It took me 5 days before getting this
    baby),Uxie(3 days for this one),Psyduck,Electivire,Gallade,Bidoof,Starly,Riolu,Budew and zubat

HG:Gyarados (Red gyarados ftw) Hoothoot,Zubat,rattata,Aipom,Tailow and pinsir.

And yes they are legit

Years
  • I have collected 3 shinies on my brother's Diamond - a Graveler, Budew and U-form Unown.

And also I have 3 more on my SoulSilver - a Farfetch'd, another Graveler and also the obvious Red Gyarados from the Lake of Rage. 4th Gen was quite generous to me in terms of shinies even though I recently obtained 3 shinies in quite short time in X.

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    Other then the red gyarados (which I don't really count), I only caught one shiny and that was a lvl 22(?) staravia in my diamond.

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
    Years
  • Well, I managed to obtain a Shiny Ponyta (Rapidash) in my Pokemon Diamond game and a Shiny Staravia (Staraptor) and Shinx (Luxray) in Pokemon Platinum :)
    In HeartGold I caught a Shiny Zubat (Crobat), Graveler (Victory Road rofl), Tentacool (Tentacruel) and Hoothoot (Noctowl).

Since I was quite young at the time I never took the Pokeradar seriously in the Gen.4 games, now that I'm older (and currently am an active shiny hunter in my Pokemon X game) I might give the PokeRadar a shot in Platinum sometime too! :)

Years
  • Let's see…here are all the shiny Pokémon I can name that i've found in Generation IV.

Fearow (Pearl, Route 225 I think, October 2007)
    Golbat (Platinum, Stark Mountain, May 2009)
    Kyogre (Heart Gold, Embedded Tower, June 2011) <----- You can bet I orgasm'd upon finding this one.
    Luvdisc (Heart Gold, Route 27, July 2011)
    Swinub (Platinum, Acuity Lakefront, March 2013) <----- Found this during a Wedlocke.
    Roselia (Platinum, Route 221, September 2013) <----- Found this during a Ground Monotype.
    I also vaguely recall getting a shiny Absol in Pearl, although my recollection of that might have just been me attempting to chain for one. Not certain.

Sadly, I have yet to find a single shiny using the Poké Radar. I just keep breaking streak around 27 or so, sometimes way earlier. =( But those are all i've gotten my hands on.

Years
  • I had a few shinies from chaining back in the Diamond & Pearl days! A few Pichu, a Shinx, and a couple of others I'm forgetting. Wish I wasn't a sillynilly and didn't restart the game.. :(

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    FINALLY! Got shiny magikarp after 543 random encounters! Hasty nature, pretty good nature imo. Wow i tought i'll have to do this for a month or something like that. ^^

Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2020
    Even though i have caught many in Pokemon y, i have never found a shiny in any of the gen 4 games (besides Gyarados!)

Altair1

Willpower
    Years
  • FINALLY! Got shiny magikarp after 543 random encounters! Hasty nature, pretty good nature imo. Wow i tought i'll have to do this for a month or something like that. ^^

haha, congratulations! ... I've caught a shiny Wooper in the Great Marsh in Diamond and fainted a shiny Steelix in Victory Road in Platinum! My Garchomp went all overkill with the Dragon Claw... (Critical Hit) xD

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I've found two shiny Pokemon besides Gyarados in HGSS (both on monotype runs, huh) - a Donphan and a Miltank. :)

But in DPPt? Oh boy, where to begin... dumb luck has netted me a Tentacool, but I've chained several Pokemon (from Shinx to Magnemite to Eevee), and also made a bunch of trades for some too. Last one I chained was a Lotad. =)

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    one ralts and two geodude. the ralts and one geodude were chaned within 10 hours of eachother and the other geodude on an emulated run.

Years
  • Besides the red gyarados the shinies I've encountered have been mostly when I was doing my shiny challenge. I got a shiny totodile, eevee, beedrill, and an abra from what I remember. And in diamond I had the luck of getting a shiny bibarel haha.

Back