• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Shinies

Dracowyn

Hell's Traffic Accident
Years
I don't even remember all of them. I had 2 random encounters though, a shiny Dwebble while looking for Old Amber and a shiny Inkay while getting berries from background trees.

Got a few chain fish ones like Basculin, Skrelp, Goldeen, Remoraid, etc
And a ton of Friend Safari ones (Clefairy, Pupitar, Ivysaur and Frogadier are the first ones that pop up in my mind but I got a lot more.

Oh and I got one horde shiny, a Stunky.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
As for me, I've gotten a hold of only six or shinies in X and Y. A couple are from Friend Safari, one from Wonder Trade, and rest being random encounters.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 11, 2017
Was the shiny encounter rate higher in X and Y? I caught a Volbeat and hatched a Vulpix and an Inkay. Also saw a Geodude in a horde but it fainted.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
Was the shiny encounter rate higher in X and Y? I caught a Volbeat and hatched a Vulpix and an Inkay. Also saw a Geodude in a horde but it fainted.

Yeah I believe it was cut in half so around 1/4000 chance or something? Then even better odds with chain fishing and friend safari and still the masuda method for breeding, Im lovin it ~w~ And Im sorry to hear I hate when shinies die its so awful :'D

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
I like to consider myself a shiny hunter tho i havent gotten any from breeding or soft resetting or radar chaining so i dont know. The only shiny I lost that was legit was a Rattata in Silver because I had just started the game and looked up to talk to my sister and looked back down and there was a golden Rattata but I barely stepped out of NewBark so I had no PokeBalls. QwQ

Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2016
Just started a new game of x haven't played in a while took me around 2 hours of soft restarting to get my first shiny starter, a froakie. And after that I wasn't paying attention looking for fletchling I caught 2 not noticing and was comparing which was better after going back and forth between the 2 I caught I finally realized one is shiny lol.

Years
i started the game Pokemon X was on the end of January 2016. so far i caught quite a bit of shinies. mostly shiny i got were from friend safari, breeding chain fishing, hordes, and some dumb luck random encounters. so far i collect almost 3 boxes of shinies i got myself. as Ditto, Zubat, and Skiido were the only random encounter i've ever done. the most amount shiny so far i got 3 claunchers, 3 goldeens from fishing, 3 scraggy, 2 roggenrolas, 2 nidoran male, 2 gulpins, 2 hoppips, and 4 zubats from hordes, and 2 chikoritas, 2 bulbasaurs, and 2 riolus in one time breeding so far. i got some HA shinies from Friend Safari i can't get happier enough. the one i missed was one roggenrola that it keeps using sand attack while in burned condition.

Last edited:

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
  • Age 44
  • D.C.
  • Seen Apr 25, 2024
Question about soft resets for a shiny starter Pokemon:

Are you able to see that the Pokemon is shiny on the selection screen? (The screen where you see all three starter Pokemon) Or do you have to wait until it's in your team list to see if it's shiny?

I've never bothered to soft reset for a shiny starter, so I'm not sure. The only soft reset I've been trying to do is in my Black 2 game for a shiny Virizion (not sure I'm even doing it right, I saved at the point where I am about to interact with it, is that too late?).

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I have 67 now, I started shiny hunting in April after I found a random encounter shiny. I don't have the shiny charm.

Most are fish chain or friend safari, shortest fish chain was Magikarp at 7, shortest friend safari was Drowzee at 1. Though I had some insane luck on the 7th. I found 3 shinies in Friend Safari within 33 encounters in 3 different safaris. Kirlia at 18, Magmar at 4 and Spiritomb at 11.

Pawniard, Geodude, Geodude which I evolved and Druddigon were all full odds random encounters. Ralts and Miltank were both Masuda Method. Ralts appeared in 53 eggs and Miltank in 71.

I almost have a living dex in Y so I never worry about shiny hunting and failing. First I slowly hit the bag button, I make sure I am hitting the bag button before I press it so not to accidentally run. I never use attacks like False Swipe unless I am certain it won't do much damage. Usually just use Quick Balls, Dusk Balls or Net Balls most of the time.

Every self killing move has a block. Magnitude has Telekinesis, Explosion has Damp, Teleport has Arena Trap and I just recently completed my first ever breeding/egg move in order to stop Perish Song. I bred a male Kirlia with Imprison with a female Misdreavus, then leveled the hatched Misdreavus up to 46. Now am hunting Lapras. It's ghost type so Lapras can only use Water Pulse lol.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Back