• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Shiny Chaining FAIL

Charizard Gr

Firekeeper
    Years
    For shiny charm, do you need the national dex or the Hoenn dex? Because I have the whole Weather Trio, will probs trade around some Lake Trios, jinn guys and tryhard dogs, and go around catching everything everywhere and trading arond region exclusives TO GET THAT SHINY CHARM.

Masuda breeding isn't as fast as chaining, but it's easier to just release a couple hundred thousand Eevees. I'm looking for a Shiny FEMALE Eevee, so I'll post my males on the trade thread okrr?

Also, look up the Gallade catcher thingy. It's got a ton of swearing in it, but it teaches you how to make a catch-anything Gallade.

You need the national dex to obtain the shiny charm, though some legendaries are not required for its completion (not sure which, but I guess Pokemon like Mew, Celebi, Jirachi that were event Pokemon). With the Hoenn dex you obtain the Oval charm, which increases the chances of your Pokemon getting an egg (don't know how that works either).

SleepyTrainer

Rage Valley
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Jul 3, 2018
    poeple srsly.....THIS IS WHY WE HAVE MOVES LIKE FALSE SWIPE.

but despite that, it happned once, I was training Charmander
    in Fire Red, and encountered a shiny Ratata, a critical hit did
    it's job of course.

Back