• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shiny colors you really love!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    What are your absolute favorite shiny pokémon colors?

I'm actually curious to know for reasons other than just casually making a thread, so I'm hoping for some substantial replies! (:

Last edited by a moderator:

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • I like any shiny that is purple because that's my favourite colour.

I don't like any shinies whose colours look similar to their normal counterparts such as Garchomp or colours that are more dull than their normal counterparts such as Granbull.

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
  • My favorite shinies are:
    Ampharos
    Miltank
    Rapidash
    Pachirisu
    Ninetails
    Dratini/Dragonair (not Dragonite)

Least Favorite:
    Dragonite (I honestly don't know why, by the green just doens't look right at all to me, and I love green!)
    Anything that only changes by a shade or two, just because it's boring and I'm not going to try to get one of these if it barely looks any different. Examples: Pikachu, Blaziken, Snorlax, etc.

Zoroark Cutie

The Illusion Fox Skyfarer
    Years
  • I would have to say that my favorite shiny would be either Zorua, Zoroark, Noibat, and Grovyle.

My least favorite is definitely Burmy for looking near identical to the original. I dislike this the one most simply because while there are other ones that look identical to their normal version, most of Burmy's shiny color is the exact same color coloration of regular Burmy with the only difference being the top of the head and the face and even then it looks near identical to the normal form.

_Dud_

I can't C#
    Years
  • My favourite shinies are Krabby, Psyduck and Mudkip. All of them have a drastic colour change and is quite noticeable compared to other shinies.

My least favourite shiny would probably be Garchomp (you wouldn't even know it was a shiny without the particle effect) Though it is one of my favourite Pokemon, the shiny, just like many others, barely changes.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • no

shinies r shit

Ok I'm just kidding I guess Metagross has a cool shiny(I'm probably biased because I have one) and I don't have a least favourite shiny nor do I hate any of 'em.

Fannie

Don't let my milk go lumpy
    Years
    • Age 32
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 31, 2016
    Least Favorite:
    Dragonite (I honestly don't know why, by the green just doens't look right at all to me, and I love green!)

It's a minging, dirty dishwater green though. Yuck!

I really lke shiny Mega Gengar, thankfully, because normal shiny Gengar is boring.

Years
  • My fave shinies are nidoking and tyranitar.
    There are so many random green shinies, especially in generation 1 and 2, it really bothers me.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • I still really love black Charizard, and I also love Butterfree, Beedrill, Ponyta (not Rapidash ew), Mew, Ho-Oh, Grumpig, Camerupt, and Lopunny. I don't really like any of them that are just slight recolors, and some of them, like Rapidash, Lucario and Slaking, I just find plain ugly.

Years
  • I seem to love the light-blue coloured shinies, especially Psyduck and Corsola. Maybe it's just because I love that particular shade of blue or something.

Years
  • There's already another thread for shinies you dislike and although it was made after this one it's gotten a substantial amount of replies so I feel it'd be better to keep your most-disliked shiny posts there. Check it out!

Anyways, my favorite shiny colors are definitely pink. <3 I'm extremely biased, they look pretty great now even with 3D models. Here are some of my precious babies:

Don't have the shiny Aipom yet, but someone awesome here on PC gave me a shiny Furret and Jumpluff. Love you lots. Kinda feel like the normal shiny Ampharos got a little too dark with the gen VI update (was dark previous gens but the sprite version just looked more appealing overall, albeit slightly) but I love it a lot too.

Also love these:

Because their colors go together really well. Still yearning for that precious 5IV shiny Skiddo. ;w;

Years
  • Anyways, my favorite shiny colors are definitely pink. <3 I'm extremely biased, they look pretty great now even with 3D models. Here are some of my precious babies:

Don't have the shiny Aipom yet, but someone awesome here on PC gave me a shiny Furret and Jumpluff. Love you lots. Kinda feel like the normal shiny Ampharos got a little too dark with the gen VI update (was dark previous gens but the sprite version just looked more appealing overall, albeit slightly) but I love it a lot too.

I can understand your reasoning behind liking the pink shinies, I do love Furret's a lot because while Sentret has a terrible shiny, it does make you want to evolve it for that beautiful pink. Jumpluff's pink pom-poms and Lopunny's pink fur remind me of cotton candy which is so cute.

Sirenita55

Team Popplio!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2018
    Venusaur aka Greenusaur, I think that one is amazing. I also love Chesnaught's earthy colours. I have a shiny bellossom which I adore, so much so that I changed my trainer's appearance to compliment that shiny :3

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • Umbreon is my most favorite of the shinies.
    That black and light blue rings look so adorable

Years
  • I have a shiny bellossom which I adore, so much so that I changed my trainer's appearance to compliment that shiny :3

One thing I do love about the shiny Bellossom is that it seems to be reminiscent of its original Sugimori art that showed its body to be blue (similar to the rest of the Oddish line) instead of its usual green. Even in the 2nd Gen games, its shiny's body was shown as blue until being changed to purple in 3rd Gen.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • Black
    Spoiler:

And pink
    Spoiler:

Years
  • I dislike most shinies but Charizard, Whimsicott and Rayquaza's are nice. The darker ones are definitely preferred.

Back