• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Shiny Eevee

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2015
    So.. Kind of new here, hope you guys could give me some advice.

I would absolutely love to have a shiny Eevee, and i'm already on a DexNav searchlevel of 450. I decided to move on and try to get it with the Masuka method, still, without any success.

My question is; What would be the better way to get one?

Thanks in advance!

Katchelina

"...I hope a gentle light of hope will remain."
    Years
  • Well for me at least I have horrible luck at masuda method most of the time but you could get lucky.
    It takes a long time but DexNav has still worked better for me once I got used to it.

Actually, I have an extra shiny eevee I can give you for a filler. Unless you're like me and prefer to catch shinies for yourself.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • Have you got the shiny charm from completing the national dex? That would increase your chance of finding a shiny.

Or if you have X/Y, you could find someone who has Eevee in their friend safari and add their friend code. There is a 1/512 chance of finding a shiny in the friend safari.

Sebastian_Sommer

Rocket grunt
    Years
  • Whenever I use matsuda method, I would take the slow and steady approach of hatching around 50 eggs per day since hurrying through the process would just make me feel frustrated. This made it infinitely more bearable for me to find the shinies that I want.

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2015
    Think i've hatched 250 eggs now. 450 times with the dexnav, including breaking my chain several times. I'm thinking of going back to the dexnav

Guess i'm like you in that way, i've had some luck with 2 wondertrade shinies (Xerneas and Ponyta) but they just don't 'feel' like my shinies haha.

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2015
    Do you have the shiny charm? If not try to work on that. Before I had mine I only got shinies through chain fishing and wonder trade. But since I got it my shiny luck has improved significantly. My first attempt at Masuda Method was with a Phione and it took me about 450-500 eggs to finally hatch one with the shiny charm. Not too long after though, I was IV breeding HA Totodiles and unexpectedly hatched a shiny in my first 10 eggs. It was a pleasant surprise. Since then I've just had random horde encounters when EV training, which never happened when doing so without the shiny charm. As far as using the DexNav goes, I believe the odds are about the same as with the MM. Oh and FYI, breaking a DexNav chain won't reduce your chance of encountering a shiny. Just remember to have your synchronizer with proffered nature. As far as which is better between DexNav and MM, it's basically up to you. MM is more passive but allows you to have better control over IVs and nature. Save up eggs, hatch, rinse repeat. Plus you'll have a bunch of breedjects to wonder trade to collect pokemiles. On the other hand, DexNaving I feel is more proactive in the sense that you feel like you're trying to actually hunt down the elusive rare shiny. You have less control over IVs, but the synchronizer should help with nature. You also have the chance to get one with some fun egg moves. I think it's more fun that MM. So with that being said, it all comes down to if you want to have a more reliable way to have a competitive Eevee, or just want to have one just to have it and show off the pretty shiny.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • Good luck, hatching shiny Eevee takes so long. Don't think there is an easy way other than having the Shiny Charm.
    Using the Masuda Method - took me almost 4,000 eggs to hatch my shiny Eevee, sadly had to be male, try hatching a shiny female, took me almost 10,000 eggs. Longest of any to hatch.
    Started again about 4 days ago, want to hatch another shiny female

Years
  • Like the others said, getting the Shiny Charm is recommended since that increases the chance of finding shinies. Also, doing Masuda Method with the Shiny Charm will make it an easier process.

Good luck and I hope you get that Eevee!

Years
  • Just use powersaves to fill your pokedex (or do it the legit way) and get a shiny charm.
    Two pokemon from different regions from different trainers is also the fastest method if you don't want the shiny charm.

Back