• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shiny Gold Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2008
    I have a very special situation going on. Here it is: I'm on Ecruteak City, and I challenge Morty. Well, I knock out every other Pokémons from him, but Gengar was too powerfull with is high speed and Hypnosis attack. At last Pokémon, I used Pupitar, and her HP was at 1, when she at last knocked out Gengar. I know that darkness and psychic attacks will be good, but I wasn't able to do anything (because of Shadow Ball shoted to Kadabra, and Hypnosis and Dream Eater on Grovyle).

I won Morty, but when I come out from Gym... Carlos shows up and want's to battle. How I am supposed to defeat him with one Pokémon, that has only 1 HP left?! I don't have any Potions or Revieves... and I saved game just when I came out from Gym. I think that this situation can't be cleared... is there any hack programs to change Pokémons status (and for Linux)?

Last edited:

Night_Blue

STFU
    Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2011
    I have a very special situation going on. Here it is: I'm on Ecruteak City, and I challenge Morty. Well, I knock out every other Pokémons from him, but Gengar was too powerfull with is high speed and Hypnosis attack. At last Pokémon, I used Pupitar, and her HP was at 1, when she at last knocked out Gengar. I know that darkness and psychic attacks will be good, but I wasn't able to do anything (because of Shadow Ball shoted to Kadabra, and Hypnosis and Dream Eater on Grovyle).

I won Morty, but when I come out from Gym... Carlos shows up and want's to battle. How I am supposed to defeat him with one Pokémon, that has only 1 HP left?! I don't have any Potions or Revieves... and I saved game just when I came out from Gym. I think that this situation can't be cleared... is there any hack programs to change Pokémons status (and for Linux)?

Alot of people lose in that battle
    But don't worry,you'll go back to the pokemon center if you lose
    You don't have to beat him.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Alot of people lose in that battle
    But don't worry,you'll go back to the pokemon center if you lose
    You don't have to beat him.

He's easy to beat. I beat him without a pokemon (JUST 1) with barely any HP and no healer items.

Kikue

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    How come the S.S. Aqua II never arrives? After going through the Diglet cave, how do you get to Pewer city? Where's the tree to cut?

Last edited:

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    To begin with, there's no Cut tree because there's no way to reach Pewter as of Beta5.

And, about the S.S.Aqua, you first need to have the GS Ball, and then, get the Vermilion and Saffron badges. After that, just give Elm a call on the phone, he'll tell you the new ship has arrived.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    I have this weird glitch in Shiny Gold, right after I battled and caught the red Gyarados, every single pokemon i encounter (including my oppenent's) are shiny. I even went back to Violet city to see and yes, every pokemon i find there is shiny. =/ Is this a glitch or is it supposed to happen?

Kikue

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    I think that's a glitch. Lucky you! I wanted some shinies myself. Guess my luck on shinies are starting to run low. Every time I start a new pokemon game, I almost always run into a shiny at least one time for each game.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2013
    I think that's a glitch. Lucky you! I wanted some shinies myself. Guess my luck on shinies are starting to run low. Every time I start a new pokemon game, I almost always run into a shiny at least one time for each game.

lol my occurence with a shiny once wasn't that lucky....

in my FRLG game, I was walking back to Pallet to return Oak's package...
    Woots...Shiny Ratata appeared...
    I had no Pokeballs with me that time >.>

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    I have this weird glitch in Shiny Gold, right after I battled and caught the red Gyarados, every single pokemon i encounter (including my oppenent's) are shiny. I even went back to Violet city to see and yes, every pokemon i find there is shiny. =/ Is this a glitch or is it supposed to happen?

It's because you pressed a button while the script was disabling the command which made each single poke shiny. Lesson: don't press buttons when the screen is fading, or else you can have problems like that.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    As Went said. But that was often on Beta4, but I thought on B5 that was fixed, as I implemented the event some other way. If it still happens on the B5, then...
    Man... -_-

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    As Went said. But that was often on Beta4, but I thought on B5 that was fixed, as I implemented the event some other way. If it still happens on the B5, then...
    Man... -_-

I think that's actually 2 glitches together. I tried, but I got nothing.

bian

Years
    how i can catch entei/suicune/raikou in sg? i know that they are anywhere in johto,but where i can find them?

can you tell me where is the route that they will appear?(sorry for the bad english)

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2008
    when will pokemon shinygold beta 6 will be release

plssssssssss. answer my question

Last edited:

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Asking for release dates is against the rules. Don't do it again.

Christos, I've noticed that you have EXACTLY the same avatar (not by Pokecommunity) as another member.
    Now... Where is Pikachu hiding? I need some help on how to activate the event.

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2018
    I can't seem to get the Shiny Gold file to work, everytime I load it up with Ruby it just loads Ruby. I'm sorry if this has already been asked, but I would like to know. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me get it to work.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2008
    Dude How do continue ShinyGold after the credits?
    It just starts all over again back to where the professor talks.

Please be specific.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back