• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shiny Gold Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
    cant i simply go back to johto by talking to the old guy on the pokemon league? he takes you to new bark

Dont do that, you'll accidentally prevent the SS Aqua II from showing up ever.

Note to Zel: I think Nintendo had this problem too, because they had him vanish after you beat the E4. It might be better for you to use the FR flag that sealed the E4 while Lorelei was on 4 Island to seal Pokemon League HQ since Koga is visiting Fuschia after round 1 (funny coincidence btw).

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    Still, it's not like you can go to Indigo Plateau and simply walk all the way back to New Bark, without needing the old man. So, that means it's not just a problem of using the old man's warping option, it's something else...

I dont know how much not having the SS.Aqua II is a problem. Let's see..

When you have the Ghostbuster, you can skip the call and the appearance of the SSA2 and go to Johto via old man or walking back to New Bark, and fix the Ghostbuster (but you'll also skip the Celebi sidequest since you havent called Elm), I dont know if I fixed it for B5 or if I had it fixed only on my version here, but since the SSA2 still doesnt exists, you cant go back to Kanto by sea from Olivine (sailor would say SSA had a problem while traveling to Vermilion), but, you can travel to Kanto using Fly when in the route to the east of New Bark, so you arent stuck. You just cannot travel between Kanto & Johto by sea till you decide to call Elm (and that could be done after doing all the rest of the game, if I'm not mistaken)
    What would happen if I still hadnt fixed the Olivine's sailor's script in B5? If you talk to him, you'd go to a broken version of the SS.Aqua, and THERE you'd be stuck.

But if you call him right away, then the SSA2 will show up and not only you are activating the Celebi sidequest but also you are enabling "another" way of going back to Johto, you could still use the old man's method or walk back. The only difference is that when you reach Olivine, the sailor will let you through to go back to Kanto and you wouldnt need to Fly.

As I said, I dont think you really get stuck, it is prefered that you call Elm, though. It'll make traveling easier.

Kikue

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    Where's Trapinch? I looked all over the route after Blackthorn city for hours and couldn't find it. WHERE IS IT?

choatix

Choatix
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 1, 2022
    Where's Trapinch? I looked all over the route after Blackthorn city for hours and couldn't find it. WHERE IS IT?

Spoiler:

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
    not saving

hi I just finished the E4 and then of course the credits rolled and went back to the main screen and now I'm pissed off cause my game won't save on the ROM I always had to save on the emulator if you know what I mean.

NOTE: My Save Type is 128K

for sum reason its saves on 64K with the girl

EDIT
    It says please exchange the back up memory

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
    You need to dowload a Save Patch for the FireRed Rom; its not Shiny Gold itself. I cant remember where I downloaded the patch, but look around for it.

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
    ok I patched a different firered rom with shiny gold and it saves but when I save infront of ho-oh (for obvious reasons) after a few times of re-setting cause he fainted it just randomly took me all the way back to Red Gyarados where I saved and I keep hvin' to do the rocket bit all over again

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back