• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shiny Gold Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2009
    okay, i found out how to catch deoxys look in youtbe and search for "deoxys in shiny gold."

okay, why is the jirachi thing a secret?

so i googled "how to catch jirachi in shiny gold"
    and then i read that jirachi can be obtained by going to pillar of wishes and hatch jirachi from an egg. but that has to be a fake rumor right? there is no such place as pillar of wishes right? or is it hidden?

more hint:
    In the route right to Fuschia there is a large pillar, talk to the girl and she say's something about a Pokemon wish maker or something, then talk to the pillar and it says: "[Player] made a wish"

i just heard it. from this website. zel, i will find jirachi, no matter what! it dosen't matter how many obstacles you throw at me; I shall find jirachi!

lol im with you man! the funny part is that jirachi may not even be in the game yet! still, this seems like a fun puzzle to try and solve!

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    okay, i found out how to catch deoxys look in youtbe and search for "deoxys in shiny gold."

so i googled "how to catch jirachi in shiny gold"
    and then i read that jirachi can be obtained by going to pillar of wishes and hatch jirachi from an egg. but that has to be a fake rumor right? there is no such place as pillar of wishes right? or is it hidden?

more hint:
    In the route right to Fuschia there is a large pillar, talk to the girl and she say's something about a Pokemon wish maker or something, then talk to the pillar and it says: "[Player] made a wish"

i just heard it. from this website. zel, i will find jirachi, no matter what! it dosen't matter how many obstacles you throw at me; I shall find jirachi!

zel doesn't wish to spoil the Jirachi event, because, maybe he thought it over a million times on how to make Jirachi's event unique, and by doing so, maybe he exerted a lot of time, stress, knowledge and effort on this event.
    With all these work, for us to enjoy the puzzle, would just be spoiled away.., won't that feel bad for him?
    try not to be selfish.

Viper

Articuno Fan
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2020
    I play Shiny Gold X a lot. I'm sure looking forward to seeing the next beta. I hope Amelia appears again. She's a pretty good ally. Good work, Zel! Keep it up, man! It's a really great game!

DarkAkatsuki

Into the night~
    Years
    • Age 29
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 3, 2010
    drag it out longer?

so even if i did find jirachi, should i drag it out longer by not telling people where jirachi is?

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    so even if i did find jirachi, should i drag it out longer by not telling people where jirachi is?

Yeah, lets try to keep it private info. ;D
    Zel really wanted to keep this on the down low, just for the fun of finding out yourself. It's the least we could do for him.

Chrispy

The one that didnt get picked
    Years
    Hey, I was playing shinygold x for a while, 2 or 3 hours and saved the game 5 or 6 times during that but when i went to go play it again it was back at the first save, what happened?
    EDIT: I think it might be a problem with the rom cuz now no matter when or where i save it doesnt save right and sends me back to the beginning

Last edited:

Kikue

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    so how can i move that big rock in dragon's den?

I don't think you can move it. The rock's too big. At the end of beta 5 at the cave in Kanto near Lavender town, there was a similar rock in there. I couldn't move that one either. So I guess that will be reviewed when beta 6 is released, soon I hope because I getting bored playing Shiny Gold. I finished the whole beta, got Jirachi, and now, I'm so bored that I even started to organize my storage boxes(which I never do because of laziness).

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    I am done playing Shiny Gold's current beta, and I haven't spotted any stones around the place... :\

I guess Bill's grandpa is the only place for you to acquire those element stones. :\

Dont forget about the Dragon Masters in Dragon's Den. Depending the order you defeat them, you'll get a specific Elemental Stone after defeating the last one. That's the first E.Stone you'll get (the next ones will be only located after you reach Kanto)

i'm talking about beta 5 btw :X

Same answer sirboulevard gave you. Since B5 the Vs.Seeker is replaced with the phonebooths and the Vs.Seeker will never be in again.

Simple: It doesnt make too much sense to get the rarest secrets in the same place where you get the game. If you want more secrets, search somewhere else (as it seems you did :P)
    But, all in all, it's just for not ruining the moment when you happen to find it and say "huh? so that's what this was all about??? lolz"

Hey, I was playing shinygold x for a while, 2 or 3 hours and saved the game 5 or 6 times during that but when i went to go play it again it was back at the first save, what happened?
    EDIT: I think it might be a problem with the rom cuz now no matter when or where i save it doesnt save right and sends me back to the beginning

Make sure your Save Type is the proper one. Check in Options->Save Type if the option Flash128k is selected. If it isnt, then close the emulator, delete any .sav or .sa1 file generated for the game. Then open the emulator and before loading the game, set the Flash128k option. Load the game and try if it saves and loads properly now.
    If you still keep having problems, then suspect about the rom you applied the patch to (remember it must be FR(U))

Chrispy

The one that didnt get picked
    Years
    Well I know its not the rom cuz regular shinygold works with save and shinygold x doesnt, ill play regular shinygold.

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
    but how can you move the rock in dragon's den?
    You can not. Its part of the game that isn't programmed yet. It will be part of the final beta for shiny gold as a bonus area, presumably to capture a legendary pokemon. These boulders are set up in Dragon's Den, Route 27, Rock Tunnel and on the mountain on route 4 accessible by the Sea Cottage on Route 25. They won't be in until Beta 7 I believe.

Edit: Also, Elekid is availible like it was in GSC. Breed an Electabuzz you catch near the Power Plant.

Last edited:

DarkAkatsuki

Into the night~
    Years
    • Age 29
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 3, 2010
    thank you. and, i want to know if you put the ips file and the rom and played it on a actual gba game, can you trade pokemon from the game shiny gold to other games? can you really trade pokemon?

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
    Yes you can. Currently if you apply the patch and load it to a blank cartridge you can trade with FR/LG and Migrate to D/P. Zel has also stated that Beta 6 will include the feature to trade to Ruby and Sapphire after you make it to Pallet Town, however trading is not required as all species of Generation 3 will be in SG's final version. Remember, SG is a modified FireRed, so it will behave as one to other games.

Also, since many of these questions were answered in Shiny Gold's hack showcase thread before it was locked, I would like to refer everyone to the last 30 pages or so of that thread for questions that may have already been answered: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=100537

Last edited:

Viper

Articuno Fan
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2020
    Quick question: Does anyone know if Amelia will be appearing again in the game? She's pretty good!

DarkAkatsuki

Into the night~
    Years
    • Age 29
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 3, 2010
    I have no idea.......and now, maybe i should trade pokemon to firered? i really wanted to get shiny gyarados in firered...........was the pokemon hacked................?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back