• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shiny Gold Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2011
    Hey, I don't want to seem like a copout or anything by asking about codes but, whenever I use the wild encounter for R/S pokemon with the Fire Red code, I just get alot of Sunflora. And its only the R/S pokemon, the others work fine. I'm sorry if this has already been answered, I read like 5 pages of posts and didn't see anything.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2010
    Also can I get a Sun Stone from thiefing Solrocks (or other pokemon)? Also where are Solrocks?

No, you can't. By the way, Solrocks are only available at Victory Road.
    And I guess the Bug-catching contests are held randomly. Yes?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    The dude that teaches ice beam thunderbolt etc is gone! my poor starmie is thwomped by grass and water/psychics!

Umm, that guy wasn't in Gold, but Crystal. Zel wanted to add the features of Gold, and more. I don't know if he has been added or will be, but why not teach it Blizzard and Thunder?

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2009
    Fly & Rocksmash HM

Um. This is a question... Uh How do you get both Fly HM and Rocksmash HM i have been looking all over for them and never seem to find them i already have 7 badges T_T
    And i can't get the 8th W/O Rocksmash T_T

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2010
    Um. This is a question... Uh How do you get both Fly HM and Rocksmash HM i have been looking all over for them and never seem to find them i already have 7 badges T_T

Go back to the T-junction where u battled with suddowoodo. Walk right, and talk to the fat guy in front of the trick house.
    After that, you'll get the Fly HM eventually.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Go back to the T-junction where u battled with suddowoodo. Walk right, and talk to the fat guy in front of the trick house.
    After that, you'll get the Fly HM eventually.
    Incorrect.

The fat guy near Sudowoodo gives you Rock Smash.
    The lady outside of the Cianwood gym gives you Fly once you've beaten the Gym Leader. Make sure you have Strength to get to the Cianwood gym leader.

(I'm done with my Cambria Font posts).

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2009
    Thanks i would have never geussed that =P oh and naio i think he ment how to get Rocksmash because im looking for both

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2010
    Incorrect.

The fat guy near Sudowoodo gives you Rock Smash.
    The lady outside of the Cianwood gym gives you Fly once you've beaten the Gym Leader. Make sure you have Strength to get to the Cianwood gym leader.

(I'm done with my Cambria Font posts).

That is why I used the word "eventually"!
    There's no point telling him / her everything! It'll make the game less fun that it would be.

Years
  • Ok, so, yeah, anyone know of a way without trading/cheating/hacking for the other 2 johto starters to be obtained or is that still a thing to work on? I dunno which version of the beta i have, but it has the ghsots in cerulean, though i deleted the ones on the right side so i could get my magnet train pass and thrash misty.

Oh and since i can't say it on the main thread due to closedness, I love the jirachi and celebi events, can't wait for rayquaza's and the others. :D

EDIT: Oh and for those people about the bug contest, I dunno what is up with it but the 2nd bug contest is all wonky and stuff -_-

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2020
    Ok, so, yeah, anyone know of a way without trading/cheating/hacking for the other 2 johto starters to be obtained or is that still a thing to work on? I dunno which version of the beta i have, but it has the ghsots in cerulean, though i deleted the ones on the right side so i could get my magnet train pass and thrash misty.

Oh and since i can't say it on the main thread due to closedness, I love the jirachi and celebi events, can't wait for rayquaza's and the others. :D

EDIT: Oh and for those people about the bug contest, I dunno what is up with it but the 2nd bug contest is all wonky and stuff -_-

As of Beta 5, no there aren't any events to get the other 2 johto starters.
    What do you mean you deleted the ghost? There's a perfectly legit way to get rid of them...

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2009
    Not that I know. Mine didn't came with the Sacred Ash either, so probably not..

But now that you mention it;
    Immediately after I caught Ho-oh, I found a Master Ball. It just came out of nowhere...

> ZORA caught Ho-oh! ... > Pokédex description ... > *returning to the rooftop* .. ZORA found a Master Ball!

Weird, huh?
    Is it a glitch, orrrrr....? 0_o

Same here, After i caught HO-OH i had a masterball from nowhere. But Ho-oh was holding sacred ash as well.

No, you can't. By the way, Solrocks are only available at Victory Road.
    And I guess the Bug-catching contests are held randomly. Yes?

The bug events are held twice - once after the ecrutreak city gym and another after you beat Mahogany gym.

the prizes are Sun stone -1st
    Everstone -2nd
    Sitrus berry- 3rd
    Oran berry - booby prize

Pinsirs are an almost sure way of getting 1st

you get after you beat The Cianwood gym, just talk to the woman in front of the gym.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2009
    Bite Bug.

This might be a bug, but i noticed that secondary effect of confuse ray and bite ALWAYS work. for confuse ray this isnt a problem becaise the confusion ends a turn later, but with Bite!!! It ends the game, is there a way to counter this or do my pokemon just have to be faster than the pokemon that is using bite?

And Prof. Elm calls me about the GS ball after beating Surge and Sabrina rite?

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2011
    Does anyone have any tips for getting Hoenn pokemon? I've ran arond in the grass around Route 29 and 30 for hours upon end and I've only found one wurmple.

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2020
    Does anyone have any tips for getting Hoenn pokemon? I've ran arond in the grass around Route 29 and 30 for hours upon end and I've only found one wurmple.

Bluntly, no, there is no way to make hoenn pokemon appear more often, as they are made rare even if they're usually common.

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2010
    I'm a bit of a noob on this form. So, I'm not sure if I should ask this but, how long/when is SG Beta 6 going to be released? I love the game and am very anxious for the release.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back