• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shiny Gold Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

timekaiser

Friend Code: 1634 5420 3920
Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2010
    How do i go outside of Johto o.o i beat the elite 4 and that was game over...so why speak of Kanto?

Where can i get latest download for the game, (i downloaded mine from Whack a Hack)

THM10

Should I try again?
    Years
  • How do i go outside of Johto o.o i beat the elite 4 and that was game over...so why speak of Kanto?

Where can i get latest download for the game, (i downloaded mine from Whack a Hack)

were you able to save the game? after beating the elite four, try going to Olivine City or Cianwood (whichever one has the ship) and you should be able to board the boat and go to Vermillion City in Kanto.

You can find the latest version (Beta 5) of Shiny Gold in the Hacks Showcase, in the thread "Pokemon Shiny Gold!". it is an IPS patch which is found in the attachments in the thread at the bottom of the first post, so you might to read This Thread in order to find out how IPS patches work.
    Hope that helps.

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2010
    How do i go outside of Johto o.o i beat the elite 4 and that was game over...so why speak of Kanto?

were you able to save the game? after beating the elite four, try going to Olivine City or Cianwood (whichever one has the ship) and you should be able to board the boat and go to Vermillion City in Kanto.

You can find the latest version (Beta 5) of Shiny Gold in the Hacks Showcase, in the thread "Pokemon Shiny Gold!". it is an IPS patch which is found in the attachments in the thread at the bottom of the first post, so you might to read This Thread in order to find out how IPS patches work.
    Hope that helps.
    No, you have to delete the SAV file then, before you open the rom change the save settings to 128k, Flash. Unfortunetly you'll have to reset your game...

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • hey zel or any1 can u tell me wat to do about the huge rock in the rock tunnel? or is that 4 the next beta or final release? :S ty!

Usually, those big rocks will remain till the last release, when some will be moved away, or others will remain in order for you to make you something before progressing further.

im not sure if this has been answered or not but... where exactly do you get the ghost buster?

At Silph, in Saffron, a policeman will tell you a thief with a Pikachu broke in and stole something. Find the thief on R6 and recover the stolen stuff, but, when you go back to Silph, you'll notice something, just make your way to the top of the building and take care of everything. You'll then get a non-working Ghostbuster, if you want to fix that, just pay attention to what the president and his assistant tell you. How to fix it specifically was probably discussed a few times on this thread already.

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2024
    i need help with the first trick house level i dont wanna teach any of my pokemon flash.....plz hlp

Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2022
    If I go through that whole process of deleting the sav and changing the emulator save type to 128k, will I be forced to lose all my game data if I want to go farther than the elite four? I'm only at the eighth gym, and I've been using save states the whole way through the game. Will I have to start all over?

Ramengan

16-foot Poliwag
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2011
    Golbat does evolve with Happiness.

i need help with the first trick house level i dont wanna teach any of my pokemon flash.....plz hlp
    You could try just hugging the left wall or something as soon as you enter. Theoretically you should be able to get through eventually. You could also just catch an extra pokemon as a flash slave (like hoppip).

If I go through that whole process of deleting the sav and changing the emulator save type to 128k, will I be forced to lose all my game data if I want to go farther than the elite four? I'm only at the eighth gym, and I've been using save states the whole way through the game. Will I have to start all over?

Most likely, yes. The new Flash savetype usually only applies when you start a new game. Try it, and if it doesn't work, you'll have to start all over.

There's an FAQ thread for general emulation questions like this. Remember to look at that in the future.

Last edited:

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
  • There are only 2 ways to get the Thunderstone in B5; you can get one from Bill's Grandfather or you get one by battling the Dragon's Den trainers in a certain order (I got a Water Stone from them though, so I dont what it is)

KissTheSkull656

Trainer
    Years
  • hey i am stuck in SG
    when i beat the Elite Four it starts the game over and i cant get to Kanto
    could someone please tell me what is going on with this?

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
  • You need to change the save settings to 128k and start over. Also check the previous posts, this one has been asked millions of times already.

Moral

Dreamer
    Years
  • Pokemon Center PC Problem/Bug?

For some reason, I cannot access the Pokemon Center PC. I have heard (briefly) of the "Killing PC" bugs (so far only happened at Route 32/Lavender), but I do not think this is it. Whenever I try to access the PC, the screen seemed to black out (not freeze).

I did not progress quite far into the game, so the only Pokemon Center I have access to so far is Cherrygrove, Violet, and Route 32. It first happened when I tried to go into my boxes in Violet City. The Item Box seems to work fine.

Could trading be the cause of this unintended bug? In an attempt of getting all 3 starters, I traded the starters to my real Fire Red saves, then restart a new SG game and traded them back.

All helps are welcomed, and thanks in advance.

P.S. My hats are off to Zel & the SG development team for creating this fantastic remake.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Basically, just bumping this thread in case more people need help with the game and they cant find this thread.

For some reason, I cannot access the Pokemon Center PC. I have heard (briefly) of the "Killing PC" bugs (so far only happened at Route 32/Lavender), but I do not think this is it. Whenever I try to access the PC, the screen seemed to black out (not freeze).

I did not progress quite far into the game, so the only Pokemon Center I have access to so far is Cherrygrove, Violet, and Route 32. It first happened when I tried to go into my boxes in Violet City. The Item Box seems to work fine.

Could trading be the cause of this unintended bug? In an attempt of getting all 3 starters, I traded the starters to my real Fire Red saves, then restart a new SG game and traded them back.

All helps are welcomed, and thanks in advance.

P.S. My hats are off to Zel & the SG development team for creating this fantastic remake.

I really dont try trading a lot (specially trading from FR to SG) so I dont think trading can cause problems (if anyone knows it does, let me know)
    I'd try with a different FR(U) rom, just in case. That kind of weird stuff always leads us to think that are problems in the patching process or in the rom.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back