• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shiny Gold Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueShadow

Banned
Years
  • Hi, I want to know where to find zangoose. I really want it! Also, I want to know where to get trapinch and how to evolve seadra into kingdra. I want to get more dragon pokemon.

Shiva

Ghost User
    Years
  • Hi, I want to know where to find zangoose. I really want it! Also, I want to know where to get trapinch and how to evolve seadra into kingdra. I want to get more dragon pokemon.

Go to the shiny gold main page and at the bottom of zel's first thingy there is a microsoft file with all of the locations of all of the pokemon available. Enjoy!

balkj06

Pokemon Kanto
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2015
    Hi, I want to know where to find zangoose. I really want it! Also, I want to know where to get trapinch and how to evolve seadra into kingdra. I want to get more dragon pokemon.

In kanto (before E4)
    the route just before the indigo Legue and Victory Road
    it's very rare

Years
  • On what route can I find a Poocheyana? I had to restart after the elite four due to a save problem. So I'm basically replaying the game with the same team, the only two I may have a problem with is Mudkip and Poocheyana, I knwo where Mudkip, but not Poocheyana, so can someone tell me?

*Edit* Oh, I found the .xls file for the locations. So never mind.

Last edited:

Shiva

Ghost User
    Years
  • See? All pokemon and their locations are on a .xls file on Shiny Gold's Main Thread. People should really check there first before asking questions here, it would be a lot faster.

To evolve Seadra into Kingdra, you most likely have to train it to a certain level, Zel had trade evolutions removed. Yes, I am 100% sure that there is going to be a Beta 6.

Last edited:

malibu31

x MALiBU o
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2009
    I hope this isn't spamming, but I'd like to know where I could get the latest updates for this ROM. Thanks!

BlueShadow

Banned
    Years
  • See? All pokemon and their locations are on a .xls file on Shiny Gold's Main Thread. People should really check there first before asking questions here, it would be a lot faster.

To evolve Seadra into Kingdra, you most likely have to train it to a certain level, Zel had trade evolutions removed. Yes, I am 100% sure that there is going to be a Beta 6.

Or maybe it evolves using a an elemental stone like water stone... I know that I can get a water stone in Dragon's Den but in what order do I have to defeat the dragon tamers?

Maybe the water stone is the key. For example: to evolve Slowpoke into Slowking you need to use a water stone.

Thanks for the info. about beta 6 because I would really like to explore the whole kanto region in pokemon shiny gold!

Last edited:

Shiva

Ghost User
    Years
  • Or maybe it evolves using a an elemental stone like water stone... I know that I can get a water stone in Dragon's Den but in what order do I have to defeat the dragon tamers?

Maybe the water stone is the key. For example: to evolve Slowpoke into Slowking you need to use a water stone.

Thanks for the info. about beta 6 because I would really like to explore the whole kanto region in pokemon shiny gold!

I really don't think the order matters, I did it from the top left counter-clockwise. In any case, train your Seadra to lv 40 first, and if it doesn't evolve then it is probably some kind of elemental stone that is needed for it to evolve.

I hope this isn't spamming, but I'd like to know where I could get the latest updates for this ROM. Thanks!

The newest beta version will always first be posted on Shiny Gold's Main Thread, towards the bottom of Zel's intro to it. Yeah, always check the main thread for new info about anything.

Last edited:

Kikue

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • Hey!! Does anyone know where to find a moonstone? Besides the one at Tohjo Falls, the one from Bill's House, or the one in Mount Moon that isn't there yet? I'm trying to find another moonstone to evolve my Nidorina before fighting the Elite 4.

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2016
    Answers and Evolutions

Answers:

What about kingdra? How does seadra evolve?
    Also I have another question.

Is there going to be a beta 6?

Spoiler:

After i caught Red Gyrados (sry if spelled wrong) i look at my Pokemon and noticed that togepi and Treeko had turned into eggs i was wondering if anyone else had this problem?
    Spoiler:

Evolutions for all Ex-Traded Pokemon:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

BlueShadow

Banned
    Years
  • I think that you forgot to write one more evolution, gamehacker64.

you forgot to write how to evolve scyther into scizor.

Scyther-Moon Stone-Scizor

Hey!! Does anyone know where to find a moonstone? Besides the one at Tohjo Falls, the one from Bill's House, or the one in Mount Moon that isn't there yet? I'm trying to find another moonstone to evolve my Nidorina before fighting the Elite 4.

You can get one at the trick house, but I think that it is after you beat the elite 4(I am not sure if it is after or before the elite 4)

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
  • I think that you forgot to write one more evolution, gamehacker64.

Scyther-Moon Stone-Scizor

You can get one at the trick house, but I think that it is after you beat the elite 4(I am not sure if it is after or before the elite 4)

There's also one in Union Cave

Shiva

Ghost User
    Years
  • Ohh I didnt know that there were so many moon stones! Cant wait to evolve my Scyther after it learns swords dance and slash. Then after it gets me major attack boost from evolution...NOTHING CAN STOP IT!! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAh...*cough* heh...anyways does anybody know a very good place to train dratini? He is kind of weak, so hard to train. KThnxsbye

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2016
    I think that you forgot to write one more evolution, gamehacker64.

Sorry, I stuck him in it just got rid of him because it was playing up on me. XD (Sorry about spamming XD) And yes that method is correct. And that post is still playing up as you can see...XD

Last edited:

healberry

ƒ(x)=databox³ - δ
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Moon
    • Seen Nov 20, 2014
    So I'm in Ecruteak now, and after realizing that I'm unable to use Rock Smash in Burnt Tower, I glanced at my trainer card only to find out that I received the 1st and 2nd badges, and the 4th and 5th ones as well; there isn't a badge on the 3rd spot. Is this normal? I don't want to go through the game to later find out that I'm unable to go through the league..

And Shiva, I'm training my Dratini in the two routes between Olivine City and Ecruteak. So far, it's been very easy.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
  • So I'm in Ecruteak now, and after realizing that I'm unable to use Rock Smash in Burnt Tower, I glanced at my trainer card only to find out that I received the 1st and 2nd badges, and the 4th and 5th ones as well; there isn't a badge on the 3rd spot. Is this normal? I don't want to go through the game to later find out that I'm unable to go through the league..

And Shiva, I'm training my Dratini in the two routes between Olivine City and Ecruteak. So far, it's been very easy.

Well it's all to do with the HMs that the badges allow you to use. Since Fire Red and Gold have a different order of receiving HMs, the order of the badges must be altered.

The Gym which will enable the third badge

Spoiler:

BlueShadow

Banned
    Years
  • Ohh I didnt know that there were so many moon stones! Cant wait to evolve my Scyther after it learns swords dance and slash. Then after it gets me major attack boost from evolution...NOTHING CAN STOP IT!! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAh...*cough* heh...anyways does anybody know a very good place to train dratini? He is kind of weak, so hard to train. KThnxsbye

I already have a scizor with sword dance and slash and it is really strong. It also learned Iron Defense so my scizor has a strong defense, too.

Note: Watch out with fire moves!

A good place to train dratini is in the burn tower, in the lower floor and try to find magmar. It gives a little bit more EXP. than the other pokemons or you can try to train in the route next to Ecruteak City and moomoo farm and look for milktank. It gives more EXP. than the other pokemon, too!

P.S: I got kingdra!! It was kinda hard to train horsea, but I did it!

Last edited:

Vie

Years
  • I need help again.....my map looks so weird when I want to use fly...
    whats with this? I can just fly to goldenrod and teak city, and their position is not like it is supposed to be.
    Shiny Gold Help Thread

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2011
    I'm in Elite Four, but I can't beat Lance because my pokémon aren't in good levels. Where I can find a good place to train with strong pokémons that gives high experience points ?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back