• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shiny Gold Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2012
    Yeah, I got through it now. Thanks. Now I'm just having a hard time finding where the Karate King is in Mt. Mortar. Darn Zel for not making it the same as the original Gold.

EDIT: I finally found him. Hooray! Now I have to breed him.

Last edited:

Kikue

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • Here's a list of apricorns you can find in the game and what type of pokeball Kurt will turn them into. Note that he only makes one pokeball at a time, so you'll have to walk a lot.

Blue- Net Ball
    Pink- Repeat Ball
    Black- Luxury Ball
    Green- Nest Ball
    Red- Timer Ball
    White- Dive Ball
    Yellow- not too sure, haven't tried yet, I'm guesting its Premier Ball

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2014
    Hi, how do you trigger the Celebi event? I read a guide that I found on the "toursist Section" in the original Shiny Gold thread that said that after I beat Sabrina and before I reach Cerulean, Prof.Elm will call me and I have to return to Johto, but this didn't happen. Plus, I went to Sliph Co. in Saffron and talked to guard and all that..but when I left, I didn't see the girl that has a Pikachu and didn't fight with her :S That guide is only for Beat4, and I'm playing Beta5, but wham am I doing wrong? How can I trigger the event? thanks in advance ;)

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2016
    You have to begin a new game ! ... or you have a bad rom , get a clean rom an patch again !

My Questions:
    Where do i get Houndour ?
    Is Tyrogue in the Mount Mortar and do i need Waterfall ?
    Where do i get a Thunderstone ?

Kikue

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • You have to begin a new game ! ... or you have a bad rom , get a clean rom an patch again !

My Questions:

You can get Houndour in route 7 near Celadon City. Yes, Tyrogue is in Mount Mortar, you can get him after defeating the Black Belt Master, but the map has changed from the original Gold version. Be sure you have an extra slot when going after him! You can get a Thunderstone from defeating the dragon trainers in a certain order in Dragon's Den. You could also wait till you get to Cerelean City by showing Bill's grandpa a Pichu and he'll give you a Thunderstone.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2016
    Whats about Vulpix ?
    In gold it wasnt catchable
    Where can i get it on SG ?

€1: Thx

€2: Where do i get Firestone ?

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2016
    Thanks, here is my last Question :
    Is there any person who relearn my pokemon her attacks ?

Kikue

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • Whats about Vulpix ?
    In gold it wasnt catchable
    Where can i get it on SG ?

€1: Thx

€2: Where do i get Firestone ?

Pokemon from Silver such as Vulpix or Sneasel can be found in the same location as their Gold counterparts. So Vulpix could be found around Goldenrod City like Growlithe, but the changes are lower, making them rare, but not as rare as the Hoenn pokemon. You can get the Firestone from the dragon trainers depending on what order you fought them, so save before going after them. Or, you can get one from the Safari Zone from one of the resting houses. You can also get one from Bill's grandpa by showing him a Growlithe. Hope that helps.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2014
    You have to begin a new game ! ... or you have a bad rom , get a clean rom an patch again !

My Questions:

are you serious? Do I really have to begin a new game? :S

Kikue

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • Ok, who should I choose in my team? Gardevoir or Gengar and Swellow or Pidgeot? Give me a moveset and tell me why I should choose them, give me reason.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2014
    No just patch the new game and use same Save File as you're using now

thanks :D so you're saying that I just need to find a good rom and patch it again and use the same save file right? Can u PM me a good site where you know the roms are good? thanks in advance ;)

I got it, everything's working fine now, it wasn't a rom problem, I was looking for ashlee at the wrong place, now the event was triggered x) thanks to everyone who replied =)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2016
    @ Kikue
    I need more information ^^
    so you are looking for ONE Pokemon ?
    Which are the 5 others ?
    For what ? Elite Four ?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • thanks :D so you're saying that I just need to find a good rom and patch it again and use the same save file right? Can u PM me a good site where you know the roms are good? thanks in advance ;)
    Ya can find good roms everywhere :)

I got it, everything's working fine now, it wasn't a rom problem, I was looking for ashlee at the wrong place, now the event was triggered x) thanks to everyone who replied =)
    Great I'm glad it's fine :)

Kikue

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • @ Kikue
    I need more information ^^
    so you are looking for ONE Pokemon ?
    Which are the 5 others ?
    For what ? Elite Four ?

Well, I have Feraligatr, Arcanine, Gengar, Kecleon, Vileplume, and Pidgeot. I'm just wondering which one would be better for the Elite Four. I was wondering for between Gengar and Gardevoir. For flying type, I don't know for between Pidgeot and Swellow.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2016
    I prefer to use Gengar because of the Hypnosis and Dream Eater Combination
    He also learn Confuse Ray (afair) and one slot is left for a good stand dmg attack
    I cannot say anything to gardevouir, because i havent ever played it .

Take Pidgeot aswell !
    Pidgeot is stronger than Swellow and learn the better attacks (i think)

My Questions:
    Is there any Person who relearn attacks to my Pokemon ?
    Do the Legendary Dogs appear as dolls ?
    Can i get a Waterstone from the Dragonice Team too ?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back