• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

icelovebunnies9

Ghastly Dragon
Years
Herro guys! For my collection of shinies, I have a shiny Vanillite that I found in a horde battle in X, which is my only shiny in X right now. I have several shinies in my White 2 game though. I have a shiny Sneasel and Gastly which came from my Diamond game. I also got a shiny Lilligant, Ditto, Psyduck, and Ambipom from trading. There's a shiny Haxorus which White 2 lets you get, which I have. I have a shiny Pichu and Suicune from Wi-fi events. I now I had a shiny Whiscash once, but I don't know where it went. XD I might have traded it for a shiny.

As for hunting shinies, I may just search for any shiny I haven't seen. I'm thinking of going for Pokemon in horde battles, since there's a higher chance of finding them there.

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
Years
Back for (roughly) the 6th time in 6 days: this time in the friend safari:

Spoiler:

It's 2x 31 IV's are in Sp. Atk and Speed, and HP is quite high too so I am stoked :)

Years
  • Age 35
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 22, 2014
Hey guys just thought I'd provide an update. The other day I found a shiny Oddish and today I found a shiny Nincada on Route 6 on Pokemon X. My target (which is Espurr) still eludes me. Hopefully the next shiny is Espurr!

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Welcome to all the new members and congrats on all the new shinies!

Trading a shiny Clawitzer in X and Y

Looking for a shiny pokemon, PM me offers ;D
(not sure if people trade pokemon in here or not)

Trading is not something that is usually done here.

This week's random hunt is… Porygon! (Tried posting yesterday, but PC wouldn't load.)

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2016
I have no idea where I want to hunt next on Diamond. I was thinking about MMing a Pinsir that I would trade over from my JPN Platinum. I couldn't find an adamant one so I switched over to HG. I have been SRing for a Johto starter on and off for a few weeks. I am not a fan of SRing to be completely honest. I have only attempted two SR hunts and neither have ended with a shiny. I'd much rather sit through a ton of REs. Wish me luck.

Years
I caught 4 shinies today! :pink_boogie: (granted three are the same Pokemon...unfortunately...)
All through chain fishing! I caught an Alomomola in a chain of 20, then the chain broke at 50 when nothing was biting. I started a new chain and managed to catch an Octillery at 60. I kept going and caught another Alomomola at 98, and the final at 117. I kept fishing in hopes that I might get a shiny Lanturn but unfortunately reeled too slow at 144. Either way, I'm happy. :)

Spoiler:

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
congrats on all catches; looks like what they say about the odds being incresed in gen VI are true; it's raining shinies everywhere.

By the way, to any who feels unmotivated, you can try asking for races; it usually Works and motivates most people since it gives you a reason to try and get one. Other times what it Works is giving your game a rest and try playing/doing other stuff. remember that the important thing about hunting is to have fun and enjoy the success of gaining a new friend for your collection/team.

cya and happy hunting.

Years
Hey guys, back again!

It has been quite dry on the shiny front for a few days now. Made a few trades so now have shiny Nidorino, Arcanine and Scrafty, but since my shiny togepi had caught nothing else.
Ive been trying for a shiny Tyrunt for the last few days, MMing on and off. Done about 3 boxes. I decided to have a break and go to the friend safari, and hunt/hatch at the same time. If you remember I was after a rufflet that never showed up when I first got here.
Well, just as I was about to leave, the cute lil blighter shows up!

Braviary was the first shiny I ever caught (aside from scripted encounters), and I really wanted to get him in the game ASAP. Unfortunatly my other great shinies from previous games I can't get right now, Feraligatr and Lugia, so I focused on Rufflet to get Braviary back.

So in my first shinies honor, I have again named him Lindburgh. He has Keen Eye, Hardy nature, and IVs in HP and Speed. Not going to win any awards but hell, glad to finally get him! :)

Back to the tyrunt hunt, good luck everyone!

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
So I just found a Shiny Ditto (no Imposter). Will edit with more info when caught.

Spoiler:

Oh cool caught it while typing this.

Premier Ball. Serious nature. Perfect Attack and Speed.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 17, 2013
Hey, I just started shiny hunting today and I was kinda curious if I could join this club.. :3
I got today my first (bred) shiny pokemon, a Fennekin
I got a Japanese Ditto so I bred him with my Fennekin for fun, and after 4 eggs I got him
That's all I have to tell for today XD cya

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
Years
Yo, my fellas and lasses!

It's nice to see so much activity and ongoing hunts in the club. Just yesterday, I saw over 20 people looking at the thread. Amazing! Congratulations on all acquisitions since my last post.

I've come to terms with the fact that I can't keep a hunt going without a fierce and specific goal that can be obtained residually while aiming for the Shiny. Be that EV training or levelling a Pokémon while doing random encounters, hatching for IVs while doing Masuda Method hatching or even finding a Shiny while trying to get a stationary/bought/given Pokémon with good IVs, I just feel like my time feels completely wasted if I don't do that. Not only do I get competitively viable Pokémon but it gives an accumulated gain.

Aside from multitasking, how do you guys find a way to cope with the time burn?

In any case, I'm going to put in a massive last ditch effort into getting my non-Masuda Shiny Nincada, since that's the only way I'm going to get a Shiny Shedinja with Swords Dance. As an added gain, I'm also getting a lot of perfect Swords Dance Shedinja I can send forward for whatever purpose I deem they be used.

It will be a 50% chance of getting the wanted nature and a 50% chance of getting both of the max IVs needed for a perfect Shiny Shedinja; I hope I'll get the ideal result but I'll take whatever I get. I wonder if I'll get it in time to send it forward through Pokémon Bank? Only time will tell.

Meanwhile, I've also been hatching for Bold Eevees on Y. Still no perfect Vaporeon-like Eevee, but I'm getting close to it! At least I can hatch with my 2 max IVs Japanese Ditto and be passing the nature down 100% of the time, which means I may get a Shiny in the process.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 17, 2013
Caught a shiny magikarp.. 24 chain I guess
I'm pretty lucky today ^0^
I was pretty lolling what the pokedex said about Magikarp : It is virtually worthless in terms of both power and speed. It is the most weak and pathetic Pokémon in the world.
Well.. it was worth it XD

magolor

hsssah!
Years
I took a break from hunting a little while after my last post to revisit Animal Crossing. I'm back at it, though, with over 50 REs for both Mawile and Dedenne (Just from when I feel like visiting the safari -v-), over 50 REs for Johto Starter (My DSi is annoying and shuts off whenever I set it down on the table >v> ), and about 110 MM batches of Mawile.

Instead of straight-up hunting, I'm going to take some HM pokes (and two shinies i want to train) and go through the whole game again, revisiting everything and cutting and smashing trees and rocks I may have missed, since I found those HMs waaay late into the game. Basically in an attempt to fill up the PokeDex, and maybe Chain some shinies along the way.

Good luck on all your future hunts, and congrats on your new catches!

Years
  • Age 35
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 22, 2014
@Chr. Draco Very well said!

Just got a third shiny Sentret on Pokemon X. The hunt for Espurr continues...

Years
hey guys and girls update on some shiny's... been doing some radar chain hunting and have found it is abit different compared to gen 4's radar..
but i battle on through and chained this beaut..
View attachment 70173

shortly after pressed the wrong button after catching pansear to use another repel and starred charging up the radar again walked into this little fella
View attachment 70174

ps .. hope pic's are the in the correct order .. lol

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I haven't had any luck on any shinies this month. Flying types just don't want to show up shiny for me lol. Gratz on everyone who has gotten a shiny.

I haven't actually been looking much because I started getting bored of X after I finished the Kalos Dex. I think I have done a combined total of about 300 eggs between Fletchling and Noibat.

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
Years
@ShinyBuzz: Congratulations on your two new Shinies! Which Vivillon region are you in? You should post a picture of it if you fully evolve it.

As for my acquisitions:

Meanwhile, I've also been hatching for Bold Eevees on Y. Still no perfect Vaporeon-like Eevee, but I'm getting close to it! At least I can hatch with my 2 max IVs Japanese Ditto and be passing the nature down 100% of the time, which means I may get a Shiny in the process.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

And so, the Shiny came before the ideal Vaporeon! Thankfully, it has high enough stats that I can compromise with it.

3 max IVs (as per the picture's markings) and a 30 in Sp.Atk! Sweeeeeeet.

Time to continue hatching things for my 3v3 team! My next Shiny may be an Espurr or a Dunsparce, as a consequence of this.

Shine on!

P.S: Game Freak really is doing their best to combat hacking by making things easier!

TL;DR - the value you check against your secret ID is now within a range half the size of the previous, ergo, Shinies from eggs are twice as common. If the wild encounters use the same system (I think so), then wild Pokémon may also have received the same treatment.

Last edited:

Muani

miau
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 25, 2014
hellooo!

i have only a shiny Skrelp at the moment! im trying to both breed and use safari for a shiny Espurr. its taking me an awfully long time but hopefully ill get what i want eventually.

ive never been very big on shiny hunting up until now, currently my goals are to get shiny espurr, furfrou, skiddo, and eevee.

Hooh

Only if for a night.
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2015
My good buddy's birthday is coming up and he's DYING for a shiny Protean Frogadier, so I've been hunting for hours on end. Yesterday I got a shiny Floatzel from that Safari hunt.

I was really bummed, I mean, I spent HOURS trying for Frogadier but Floatzel is much better than Panpour and is generally a good shiny. I'm glad the Modest sync didn't work on him (ended up with Brave nature, not the best but supports his attack well) and he has max in Speed and Special Defense. I'm happy to have a shiny to my name to represent 4th gen (anyone else doing the yearly challenge?)

Fletchling progess: About 120 eggs so far.

Yearly challenge progress:

Gen 1: Eevee (Soon to SR hunt for Zapdos and Articuno!)
Gen 2: TBA (Maybe Ho-oh?)
Gen 3: Salamence/Shelgon (Going to hunt for Treecko in December,)
Gen 4: Floatzel
Gen 5: EDIT!!: PANPOUR!

Just as I am speaking a got a shiny Panpour in the Safari! I'm getting everything but Frogadier ffff

Back